Old Campy Record/Chorus mix to new frame

Tom Arnold

Guest
I'm moving my components from a early 90's Concorde Aquila that I bought used to a specialized s
works m4. I believe the crank is record. Its 8 speed.

I think i have most things figured out, but still investigating the bottom bracket. Do I need a new
one, or can i just replace the cups? If I need a new one, do I need the 115 symetrical version?

Txs,

Tom

Can't really help with your question, but I have a question for you. I also have a Concorde Aquila,
got mine in 1994 and built it up with a 1995 Chorus 8sp group. Mine took a 102mm BB. What frame
tubing is used on your frame, mine is full Columbus TSX. I like mine alot, what did you think of
yours? Jeff

"Tom Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm moving my components from a early 90's Concorde Aquila that I bought used to a specialized s
> works m4. I believe the crank is record. Its 8 speed.
>
> I think i have most things figured out, but still investigating the bottom bracket. Do I need a
> new one, or can i just replace the cups? If I need a new one, do I need the 115 symetrical
> version?
>
> Txs,
>
> Tom

"Jeff Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Can't really help with your question, but I have a question for you. I also have a Concorde
> Aquila, got mine in 1994 and built it up with a 1995 Chorus 8sp group. Mine took a 102mm BB.

Loved it until I drove my car into the carport with it on top. At least it was the first time...

Tom-<< I think i have most things figured out, but still investigating the bottom bracket. Do I
need a new one, or can i just replace the cups? If I need a new one, do I need the 115
symetrical version?

Doubt cups are available if the BB is one of the early cart bearing ones and if cup and ball,
spinlde is a different dimension, ITL(Concorde) to the Specialized.

You need a Campagnolo 111mm spinlde BB-like an AC-H-about $25. NOT the 115mm one-

Hey Tom,
wondering if you are looking to get rid of the Concorde frame and if so what the size/geometry is?

Many thanks Andy

Originally posted by Tom Arnold