Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Old Cannondale track bike geometry

Started by Almost Fast · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,393 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
16 March 2003
Last activity
19 March 2003
Original author
Almost Fast
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,393
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?

    TIA!

  2. (almost fast) said:

    Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?

    If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
    offset ~32mm.

    -------------------------------
    businesscycles.combusinesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida Now in our twentieth year.
    Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
    -------------------------------

  3. John Dacey <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    (almost fast) said:

    Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?

    If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
    offset ~32mm.

    -------------------------------
    businesscycles.combusinesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida Now in our twentieth
    year. Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
    -------------------------------

    Thanks! That seems about right.

    I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom Teesdale
    braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).

    Any other options I should consider?

  4. (almost fast) said:

    John Dacey <[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    (almost fast) said:

    Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?

    If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
    offset ~32mm.

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks! That seems about right.

    I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom
    Teesdale braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).

    Any other options I should consider?

    Well, there's red. Or blue; and yellow's always popular.

    Oh... you mean *fork* options. Nah - short of finding an original Tange track fork, having a
    framebuilder replicate your current fork's blade length (crown race seat to axle) and offset (as it
    was before you crashed it to smithereens) for you is your best bet.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - businesscycles.combusinesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles
    Miami, Florida
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Now in our twentieth year. Our catalogue of track equipment: seventh
    year online

  5. "John Dacey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    (almost fast) said:

    John Dacey <[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    On 16 Mar 2003 10:39:57 -0800, [email hidden] (almost fast) wrote:

    >Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale


    track bikes?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
    offset ~32mm.

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks! That seems about right.

    I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom
    Teesdale braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).

    Any other options I should consider?

    If you want to go high zoot, I hear rumors that Reynolds is about to do a run of 30-something rake
    track forks...

    Mike

    Quoted message said:


    Well, there's red. Or blue; and yellow's always popular.

    Definitely red. Everyone knows a red fork is faster!

    Quoted message said:


    Oh... you mean *fork* options. Nah - short of finding an original Tange track fork, having a
    framebuilder replicate your current fork's blade length (crown race seat to axle) and offset (as
    it was before you crashed it to smithereens) for you is your best bet.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - businesscycles.combusinesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles Miami,
    Florida
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Now in our twentieth year. Our catalogue of track equipment: seventh
    year online

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.