Old Cannondale track bike geometry

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Almost Fast, Mar 16, 2003.

  1. Almost Fast

    Almost Fast Guest

    Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?

    TIA!

    Tags:

  2. John Dacey

    John Dacey Guest

    On 16 Mar 2003 10:39:57 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:

    >Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?

    If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
    offset ~32mm.

    -------------------------------
    http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida Now in our twentieth year.
    Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
    -------------------------------

  3. Almost Fast

    Almost Fast Guest

    John Dacey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 16 Mar 2003 10:39:57 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:
    >
    > >Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?
    >
    > If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
    > offset ~32mm.
    >

    > -------------------------------
    > http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida Now in our twentieth
    > year. Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
    > -------------------------------

    Thanks! That seems about right.

    I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom Teesdale
    braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).

    Any other options I should consider?

  4. John Dacey

    John Dacey Guest

    On 17 Mar 2003 19:48:29 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:

    >John Dacey <[email protected]>...
    >> On 16 Mar 2003 10:39:57 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?
    >>
    >> If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
    >> offset ~32mm.

    >Thanks! That seems about right.
    >
    >I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom
    >Teesdale braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).
    >
    >Any other options I should consider?

    Well, there's red. Or blue; and yellow's always popular.

    Oh... you mean *fork* options. Nah - short of finding an original Tange track fork, having a
    framebuilder replicate your current fork's blade length (crown race seat to axle) and offset (as it
    was before you crashed it to smithereens) for you is your best bet.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles
    Miami, Florida
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Now in our twentieth year. Our catalogue of track equipment: seventh
    year online

  5. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "John Dacey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 17 Mar 2003 19:48:29 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:
    >
    > >John Dacey <[email protected]>...

    > >> If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
    > >> offset ~32mm.
    >
    > >Thanks! That seems about right.
    > >
    > >I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom
    > >Teesdale braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).
    > >
    > >Any other options I should consider?

    If you want to go high zoot, I hear rumors that Reynolds is about to do a run of 30-something rake
    track forks...

    Mike

    > Well, there's red. Or blue; and yellow's always popular.

    Definitely red. Everyone knows a red fork is faster!