Old Cannondale track bike geometry

Almost Fast

Guest
Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?

TIA!

On 16 Mar 2003 10:39:57 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:

>Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?

If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
offset ~32mm.

-------------------------------
http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida Now in our twentieth year.
Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
-------------------------------

John Dacey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 16 Mar 2003 10:39:57 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:
>
> >Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?
>
> If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
> offset ~32mm.
>

> -------------------------------
> http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida Now in our twentieth
> year. Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
> -------------------------------

Thanks! That seems about right.

I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom Teesdale
braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).

Any other options I should consider?

On 17 Mar 2003 19:48:29 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:

>John Dacey <[email protected]>...
>> On 16 Mar 2003 10:39:57 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:
>>
>> >Anyone remember the fork offset that came stock on old Cannondale track bikes?
>>
>> If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
>> offset ~32mm.

>Thanks! That seems about right.
>
>I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom
>Teesdale braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).
>
>Any other options I should consider?

Well, there's red. Or blue; and yellow's always popular.

Oh... you mean *fork* options. Nah - short of finding an original Tange track fork, having a
framebuilder replicate your current fork's blade length (crown race seat to axle) and offset (as it
was before you crashed it to smithereens) for you is your best bet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles
Miami, Florida
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Now in our twentieth year. Our catalogue of track equipment: seventh
year online

"John Dacey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 17 Mar 2003 19:48:29 -0800, [email protected] (almost fast) wrote:
>
> >John Dacey <[email protected]>...

> >> If you're willing to settle for a "best of my recollection" answer, those Tange forks had an
> >> offset ~32mm.
>
> >Thanks! That seems about right.
> >
> >I've got a buckled one, and I'm looking for inexpensive options. I'm considering having Tom
> >Teesdale braze me up one. He advertises around $175 painted (it'd be basic black).
> >
> >Any other options I should consider?

If you want to go high zoot, I hear rumors that Reynolds is about to do a run of 30-something rake
track forks...

Mike

> Well, there's red. Or blue; and yellow's always popular.

Definitely red. Everyone knows a red fork is faster!