old centre pull brakes

I have an old dawes galaxy with centre pull brakes. does anyone know
where i can get the short straddle cables from? cant seem to find any.
thanks in advance.

In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
[email protected]lid says...
> [email protected] wrote:
> > I have an old dawes galaxy with centre pull brakes. does anyone know
> > where i can get the short straddle cables from? cant seem to find any.
> > thanks in advance.

> Go to wiggle and search for cantilever.
>
> http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...cle&CategoryName=&ProdID=5360008473&UberCat=0

Maybe what he wants is short straddle wires for centre pull brakes, like
these http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/194-16937
In olden times only the Super Galaxy had cantilevers and a triple
chainset.

Rob Morley wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
> [email protected]lid says...
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> I have an old dawes galaxy with centre pull brakes. does anyone know
>>> where i can get the short straddle cables from? cant seem to find any.
>>> thanks in advance.

>> Go to wiggle and search for cantilever.
>>
>> http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...cle&CategoryName=&ProdID=5360008473&UberCat=0

I think this is a case of cut to size, although it does seem to be a bit
long.

> Maybe what he wants is short straddle wires for centre pull brakes, like
> these http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/194-16937

I think they are similar products, both suitable.

Martin.

HEANOR CLARION CYCLE JUMBLE, SATURDAY 3RD MARCH ( this saturday)
at Sandiacre Friesland leisure centre 2 mins off jn 25 of M1 10am
onwards.

You can get a bagfull of them here (probably!). Last one I went to I
bought a brand new full set of Weinmann centre pulls.

TerryJ

In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
[email protected]lid says...
> Rob Morley wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
> > [email protected]lid says...
> >> Go to wiggle and search for cantilever.
> >>
> >> http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...cle&CategoryName=&ProdID=5360008473&UberCat=0

> I think this is a case of cut to size, although it does seem to be a bit
> long.
>
> > Maybe what he wants is short straddle wires for centre pull brakes, like
> > these http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/194-16937

> I think they are similar products, both suitable.

Centre pull straddles have nipples on both ends.

On 28 Feb, 07:07, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
> [email protected] says...
>

> > Rob Morley wrote:
> > > In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
> > > [email protected] says...

> > I think this is a case of cut to size, although it does seem to be a bit
> > long.

> > > Maybe what he wants is short straddle wires for centre pull brakes, like
> > > thesehttp://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/194-16937

> > I think they are similar products, both suitable.

> Centre pull straddles have nipples on both ends.- Hide quoted text -

Its the short double ended cables for weinmann centre pulls i need.
will check out the bike jumble on saturday as i live in nottingham.
thanks all.

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:07:29 -0000, Rob Morley <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
>[email protected] says...
>> Rob Morley wrote:
>> > In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
>> > [email protected]lid says...

>> I think this is a case of cut to size, although it does seem to be a bit
>> long.
>>
>> > Maybe what he wants is short straddle wires for centre pull brakes, like
>> > these http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/194-16937

>> I think they are similar products, both suitable.
>>

>Centre pull straddles have nipples on both ends.

Not all do.

Those from Manufacture Auvergnoise de Freins et Assessoires pour
Cycle, for instance...

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:07:29 -0000, Rob Morley <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Centre pull straddles have nipples on both ends.

> Not all do.

I know - I should have said Weinman centre pulls.

> Those from Manufacture Auvergnoise de Freins et Assessoires pour
> Cycle, for instance...

If they'd made V-brakes they might have been able to fit that on, going
up one arm and down the other. But MAFAC is a lot easier to say. :)

In message <[email protected]>
[email protected] wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:07:29 -0000, Rob Morley <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>, Martin Dann
> >[email protected] says...

> >> I think this is a case of cut to size, although it does seem to be a bit
> >> long.

> >> I think they are similar products, both suitable.
> >>

> >Centre pull straddles have nipples on both ends.

> Not all do.
>
> Those from Manufacture Auvergnoise de Freins et Assessoires pour
> Cycle, for instance...

And some MAFAC centre pulls have a straddle cable with nipples at both
ends.

--
Gwyn