Old cycling pictures/ postcards

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Msa, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    I want to frame some prints for my wall, and thought that a cycling theme would be nice for a
    change. Any ideas as to where in the UK I might be able to find some nice b/w postcards (preferable
    racing, but would consider others) that I could frame? Also bigger prints would be nice for the odd
    framed picture here and there.

    Ideas on the back of a postcard :) Alternatively, post here...by the time I hopefully receive some
    replies I would have worked this Gravity News reader out!

    Thanks in advance

    Mark (MSA)

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I want to frame some prints for my wall, and thought that a cycling theme would be nice for a
    > change. Any ideas as to where in the UK I might be able to find some nice b/w postcards
    > (preferable racing, but would consider others) that I could frame? Also bigger prints would be
    > nice for the odd framed picture here and there.
    >
    > Ideas on the back of a postcard :) Alternatively, post here...by the time I hopefully receive
    > some replies I would have worked this Gravity News reader out!

    turn over postcard/

    ebay?

    e.g.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2191146177&category=420

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2190572699&category=42389

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > ebay?
    >
    > e.g.
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2191146177&category=420
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2190572699&category=42389

    Yes, I had browsed eBay and marked a few items to watch. Didn't think about tobacco cards though,
    will have to start looking with that as a search word. I guess you can buy specific mounts for
    framing cigarette cards?...any collectors out there that can advise?

    Thanks for the links Tony

  4. Allan Nelson

    Allan Nelson Guest

    If there's anything here that takes your fancy, feel free to take a copy...

    http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/cyclingprelycra/index.htm

    If you want any of them 'bigger' drop me a line.

    Cheeers... Allan.

    ~~~ http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of... Cycling
    Before Lycra