old cyclist retires

datakoll wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/17/health/nutrition/17essa.html

I just did his tour (the one following the subject of the article), and it was fantastic. I strongly recommend Cinghiale (http://www.cinghiale.com/): everyone, even a few who didn't ride at all, had a good time.

I did a relatively easy tour, but I went hard on the hills, and did some extra on my own after the main rides, and I came out with some fairly good (for me) fitness.

Dan

In article <[email protected]>,
Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote:

> datakoll wrote:
> > http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/17/health/nutrition/17essa.html
> >

> I just did his tour (the one following the subject of the article), and it
> was fantastic. I strongly recommend Cinghiale (http://www.cinghiale.com/):
> everyone, even a few who didn't ride at all, had a good time.
>
> I did a relatively easy tour, but I went hard on the hills, and did some
> extra on my own after the main rides, and I came out with some fairly good
> (for me) fitness.

This sounds like quite a distant and exotic training location. Did you
wear your team colours, or black kit?

If you know what I mean,

Dan Connelly wrote:
> I just did his tour (the one following the subject of the
> article), and it was fantastic. I strongly recommend
> Cinghiale (http://www.cinghiale.com/)

Expensive. And one week seems so short.

--
E. Dronkert

Dan Connelly wrote:
> http://www.cinghiale.com/

WHAT?! From the site:

"Missed out? Look for the same trip in 2008. We will be commemorating
the 20th anniversary of Andy's Gavia win."

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> "Missed out? Look for the same trip in 2008. We will be commemorating
> the 20th anniversary of Andy's Gavia win."

You're going to have to surrender to the critical mass of the
Cheney-Rumsfeld doctrine (if you repeat something often enough it becomes
true/reality is malleable).

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Dan Connelly wrote:
>> I just did his tour (the one following the subject of the
>> article), and it was fantastic. I strongly recommend
>> Cinghiale (http://www.cinghiale.com/)

> Expensive. And one week seems so short.

It is expensive for a bike vacation, it's true. You're obviously paying for more than just the hotel room and a route sheet....

When I went, we (I was there with my girlfriend) spent an extra week in Italy, on our own. Which was also great, and obviously a lot cheaper.

Nevertheless, the money spent on the Cinghiale week will not be regretted. Folks spend more fueling up their SUV's for the year (I don't have a car).

Dan

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote:
>
>> datakoll wrote:
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/17/health/nutrition/17essa.html
>>>

>> I just did his tour (the one following the subject of the article), and it
>> was fantastic. I strongly recommend Cinghiale (http://www.cinghiale.com/):
>> everyone, even a few who didn't ride at all, had a good time.
>>
>> I did a relatively easy tour, but I went hard on the hills, and did some
>> extra on my own after the main rides, and I came out with some fairly good
>> (for me) fitness.

> This sounds like quite a distant and exotic training location. Did you
> wear your team colours, or black kit?
>
> If you know what I mean,

Let's just say I had access to a plentiful supply of some really effective stuff:
http://www.sanpellegrino.com/

Dan

On Jul 19, 1:22 am, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > "Missed out? Look for the same trip in 2008. We will be commemorating
> > the 20th anniversary of Andy's Gavia win."

> You're going to have to surrender to the critical mass of the
> Cheney-Rumsfeld doctrine (if you repeat something often enough it becomes
> true/reality is malleable).

Dumbass,

If you think those retards invented that, ... well then, you're a
retard too.

Btw,

How are the breast inspections going? There are some very hot podium
girls these days.