old fat chance

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Cf, May 13, 2003.

  1. Cf

    Cf Guest

    Hi all, A few years ago my first mountainbike was stolen. It was a 21" 1982 Fat Chance that was all
    original. Recently I have been feeling nostalgic and have been searching for a replacement. Anyone
    got anything that fits the bill. Or has anyone seen an old red Fat City with bullmoose bars and the
    cartoon Fat Chance decals in northern California. It was stolen in Nevada City in the Sierra
    foothills. thanks, CF

    Tags:

  2. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > A few years ago my first mountainbike was stolen. It was a 21" 1982 Fat Chance that was all
    > original. Recently I have been feeling nostalgic and have been searching for a replacement. Anyone
    > got anything that fits the bill. Or has anyone seen an old red Fat City with bullmoose bars and
    > the cartoon Fat Chance decals in northern California. It was stolen in Nevada City in the Sierra
    > foothills. thanks, CF

    Ok, let me see if I got this straight. Are you looking to buy a 1982 21" Fat Chance, or are you
    hoping to recover your bike that was stolen a few years ago? Or maybe you're just looking to buy a
    completely different bike to remind you of your mountain biking days.

    -John Morgan

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    I'm flashing back to that time I asked out a young woman at my gym.

    Her reply began with "you're".

    Bill "sigh" S.

  4. Cf

    Cf Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm flashing back to that time I asked out a young woman at my gym.
    >
    > Her reply began with "you're".
    >
    > Bill "sigh" S.

    Crazy or not, bikes like that are still out there. There was a 19" on ebay last week. Also, most
    bikes eventually end up needing to be repaired at bike shops and something like that usually
    stands out.

    PS. I don't need to reminded of my mountain biking days they have been going steady since before
    many of you were out of diapers.

    PP I'm not a regular to this group but I must say you folks have made me feel anything but welcomed
    and I find your comments unconstructive and uninformed.

  5. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > PS. I don't need to reminded of my mountain biking days they have been going steady since before
    > many of you were out of diapers.

    That's great! But I don't see what age has to do with trying to find a 1982 Fat Chance, if indeed,
    that's what you're looking for.

    > PPS. I'm not a regular to this group but I must say you folks have made me feel anything but
    > welcomed and I find your comments unconstructive and uninformed.

    What did you expect from an internet newsgroup? We're not getting paid to be more informed than you
    are. If you want to have a discussion, you just need to clearly post your question and/or comments
    and wait for responses. It's unlikely you'll agree with all the responses you get. Grow a thicker
    skin and shrug off anything you deem as offensive. If that's asking too much, maybe you should stick
    to real-life conversations.

    -John Morgan

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    cf wrote:

    > PS. I don't need to reminded of my mountain biking days they have been going steady since before
    > many of you were out of diapers.

    I doubt it...

    > PPS. I'm not a regular to this group but I must say you folks have made me feel anything but
    > welcomed and I find your comments unconstructive and uninformed.

    What did you want, a bottle of brandy and a cigar? It's the nature of Usenet that you'll get
    "unconstructive and uninformed" comments. If somebody knew something about an '82 21" Fat Chance,
    you surely would have heard about it, but you're hunting for a needle in a haystack. Don't take it
    personally.

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    cf <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm flashing back to that time I asked out a young woman at my gym.
    > >
    > > Her reply began with "you're".
    > >
    > > Bill "sigh" S.
    > >

    > Crazy or not,

    ?!?

    > bikes like that are still out there. There was a 19" on ebay last week. Also, most bikes
    > eventually end up needing to be repaired at bike shops and something like that usually stands out.

    And? Bill was making a joke, at his own expense, that's all - maybe you should pop a valium and read
    it again, or are you permanently that stupid?

    > PS. I don't need to reminded of my mountain biking days they have been going steady since before
    > many of you were out of diapers.

    Big whoopie for you - I think you'll find few here are 'kiddies'. It's starting to look more like
    you lean toward 'permanently stupid' than temporarily stupid.

    > PPS. I'm not a regular to this group but I must say you folks have made me feel anything but
    > welcomed and I find your comments unconstructive and uninformed.

    we currently have a surfeit of idiot freaks here, and don't need another socially challenged
    dipstick to add to the pile.

    Kind and helpful hint:

    Go away, re-asses your attitude, return, ask any questions you may have, phrase them clearly (your
    first response was merely someone urging you to 'clarify'. Did you ignore that or just fail to
    understand?), be amazed at the helpful and positive responses you get from anyone who can help -
    it's a simple formula, I'm sure even you can manage it.

    Shaun aRe

  8. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Thu, 15 May 2003 13:15:17 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >cf <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> In article <[email protected]>, "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >> and uninformed.
    >

    >we currently have a surfeit of idiot freaks here, and don't need another socially challenged
    >dipstick to add to the pile.

    As some are so apt to say around here, "smell the irony" This is about as pure of an example as
    you can get!

    >Kind and helpful hint:
    >
    >Go away, re-asses your attitude, return, ask any questions you may have, phrase them clearly (your
    >first response was merely someone urging you to 'clarify'. Did you ignore that or just fail to
    >understand?), be amazed at the helpful and positive responses you get from anyone who can help -
    >it's a simple formula, I'm sure even you can manage it.
    >

    >Shaun aRe here for your laughs

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 15 May 2003 13:15:17 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >cf <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> In article <[email protected]>, "Sorni" <[email protected]>
    > >> wrote:
    > >>

    > >> and uninformed.

    elsewhere -
    > >we currently have a surfeit of idiot freaks here, and don't need another socially challenged
    > >dipstick to add to the pile.
    >
    > As some are so apt to say around here, "smell the irony" This is about as pure of an example as
    > you can get!

    You are *'olfactoraly' challenged.

    Shaun aRe - *Yup, I know heheheh......

  10. Jd

    Jd Guest

    cf <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm flashing back to that time I asked out a young woman at my gym.
    > >
    > > Her reply began with "you're".
    > >
    > > Bill "sigh" S.
    > >

    > Crazy or not, bikes like that are still out there. There was a 19" on ebay last week. Also, most
    > bikes eventually end up needing to be repaired at bike shops and something like that usually
    > stands out.

    Only to the trained eye. There are a lot of dilweeds out there who call themselves "mountain bikers"
    and can't tell a POS from a classic.

    > PS. I don't need to reminded of my mountain biking days they have been going steady since before
    > many of you were out of diapers.

    Holy Shit! It's Fairy Swisher! I knew I smelled an entrouage of "yes men" and the invention of the
    mountain bike. Want a cookie now?

    > PPS. I'm not a regular to this group but I must say you folks have made me feel anything but
    > welcomed and I find your comments unconstructive and uninformed.

    Awww Fairy, don't feel so left out. YOU invented the mountain bike and deserve much more respect.
    Let me roll a red carpet out for you...after I pee on it.

    JD

  11. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Thu, 15 May 2003 15:17:50 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> On Thu, 15 May 2003 13:15:17 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >> >cf <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

    >elsewhere -
    >> >we currently have a surfeit of idiot freaks here, and don't need another socially challenged
    >> >dipstick to add to the pile.
    >>
    >> As some are so apt to say around here, "smell the irony" This is about as pure of an example as
    >> you can get!
    >
    >You are *'olfactoraly' challenged.

    hey, hey, hey. Leave my deviated septum out of this will ya?

  12. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Dave W wrote:

    >>You are *'olfactoraly' challenged.
    >

    > hey, hey, hey. Leave my deviated septum out of this will ya?

    You're on the charlie as well as the blow?

  13. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Fat Chance went under.

    Fire up MTB 03

  14. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Thu, 15 May 2003 19:42:17 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dave W wrote:
    >
    >>>You are *'olfactoraly' challenged.
    >>

    >> hey, hey, hey. Leave my deviated septum out of this will ya?
    >
    >You're on the charlie as well as the blow?

    hehehehe, err no. Ol' football injury.....