Old Guy 54 , Old Bike 20 yr old Diamond Back Ascent any advise Part 2 Tires

BuzzardMarine

Banned
Oct 6, 2013
Are these tires considered slicks ? My bike has slipped out from under me several times and this is getting rough on an old man ! I may have to get another style with more tread to be able to ride the bike daily ? It looks good but the slipping out from under me even once a week is to much and I think it is just a semi slick tire and not a learning curve on my part / Any thoughts !

I saw the last responsible post in the locked thread and I don't seem to have any braking issues only Busting Aas issues ?

Please try to offer good advise and stay on topic trolls are not welcome in this thread !
I truely seek assistace from experienced bikers no need to just rant about off topic isssues please !

That's a semi-slick tire, not a full on slick tire. Slick tires don't have a patterned tread. Slicks, however, don't work well in grass, especially if the grass is wet.

I picked up a pair of cheap-o tires at Wal-Mart and they handle great. I have fallen only once and that was because I hit some loose sand on a curve. 54 is not old. I'm 70.

I am showing you more respect than you have anyone but I am asking you please do not post in my threads nothing you have to say is of interest to me and all you do is make it to where other do not want to post due to your rude comments and you don't like the way I type or spell and all you want to do is stalk me and insult me so I am asking ypou to please go away you or your comments are wanted or welcome ? I don't know why you would want to be where you are not wanted ? I Tried to make this message as simple as possible so even you will be able to understand that you are a PITA and your info is not desired ! So could you please go harass someone else or go chase parked cars or anything but do not post you ass hole attituide in my thread even if you feel you have the answer to my question your past action make your statements of no value and useless ? I hope you are able to understand this and will try to act like a man and comply with my simple request ? You are not wanted and NONE of your info is welcome or desired ! With most mentally sane people this would be enough to get the message I hope it does with you ( alienator ) !
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT A REPLY IS NEITHER NEEDED NOR DESIRED ! JUST STFU AND GO AWAY !
IF I NEVER READ ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR RUDE AND INSULTING POST IT WOULD STILL BE TO SOON ! SO WITH THIS CURRENT INFO PLEASE GET LOST AND DO NOT POST ! I HAVE ALREADY BLOCKED YOU SO I DON'T HAVE TO SEE YOUR POST BUT YOU ARE SUCH A PITA THAT WHEN OTHER PEOPLE SEE YOU HAVE POSTED THEY NO LONGER POST ! SO I AM ASKING YOU TO NOT SCREW UP THIS THREAD AS YOU DID THE PREVIOS ONE AND CAUSE IT TO BE LOCKED DOWN !
AGAIN NO REPLY OR CONFIRMATION NEEDED JUST GO AWAY THAT SIMPLE NO NEED TO CONFIRM YOU READ OR AGREE JUST GO AWAY , PLEASE !
THIS POST IS TO
( alienator )
PLEASE DO AS YOUR SCREEN NAME STATES AND
WITH NO REPLY !
STOP BEING A CYBER TROLL ! YOU HAVE CONFIRMED BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT YOU ARE AN ASS HOLE SO PLEASE BE AN ASS HOLE TROLL , IN ANOTHER THREAD PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE ? EVEN IF YOU SEE ME ON FIRE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD LET ME BURN ; I WANT NOTHING FROM YOU !
SADRU

Originally Posted by concord
I picked up a pair of cheap-o tires at Wal-Mart and they handle great. I have fallen only once and that was because I hit some loose sand on a curve. 54 is not old. I'm 70.
I think I may head that way and see what they have in stock & how they may work ? At least with Wal -Mart if I don't like them I can return them and get all my $$$ back
smile.png
I may just try that and get some with just a slight amout of knobby teread ! I am hrutin for certain from bustin my ars so many times an thanks JR. lol joking you are mans man biking at 70 ! I am trying to mak this a full time fair weather rider and starting in Nov is not the best time ! Thnk you a bunch there kind sir ! ! ! !

Originally Posted by BuzzardMarine
Are these tires considered slicks ? My bike has slipped out from under me several times and this is getting rough on an old man ! I may have to get another style with more tread to be able to ride the bike daily ? It looks good but the slipping out from under me even once a week is to much and I think it is just a semi slick tire and not a learning curve on my part / Any thoughts !
They look like commuter - touring tires but its the compound that counts as well as the tread...

How did you slip exactly? Was it whilst cornering? Or did you go zig zag whilst going straight and then slipped?

Are the tires correctly inflated? Are they contaminated with some chain lube or something?

What kind of a surface was it? Was it wet or muddy? Was there sand? You think it might had something to do with your centre of gravity?

Were you intoxicated? Did "Aliens" sneak behind you and pushed you?
big-smile.png

All tires, even ice spike tires will slip if you go beyond their limits.

Tires are a design combination of grip, rolling resistance, weight, puncture resistance etc and designs usually "lean" towards just one or two of these aspects.

Oh and btw, Murphy's law of cycling clearly states:
big-smile.png

Originally Posted by Volnix
They look like commuter - touring tires but its the compound that counts as well as the tread...

How did you slip exactly? Was it whilst cornering? Or did you go zig zag whilst going straight and then slipped?

Are the tires correctly inflated? Are they contaminated with some chain lube or something?

What kind of a surface was it? Was it wet or muddy? Was there sand? You think it might had something to do with your centre of gravity?

Were you intoxicated? Did "Aliens" sneak behind you and pushed you?
big-smile.png

All tires, even ice spike tires will slip if you go beyond their limits.

Tires are a design combination of grip, rolling resistance, weight, puncture resistance etc and designs usually "lean" towards just one or two of these aspects.

Oh and btw, Murphy's law of cycling clearly states:
big-smile.png

lol that was to funny I am still running off the side of the road when I try to ride the shoulder and my DA just rides off the side of the aspault into the grass and then when I try ti re enter the road Bust ars ! Wet grass early am and an off set from the grass the the pavement . I just gradually steer back onto the paavement and the bike has a mind of it's on ? I don't even feel it coming it just slides out from under me ! But I do feel myself hitting the ground . I have read some of the speeds on this forum and they are in kmph and witht these nes tires on a dry day I see 55 mph going down a hill it is very scary to say the least and no I do not get a rush from it ! All I think of is a wheel coming off or a chain slipping off a ring and locking down the rear tire but these hills are so huge and lond hard not to go fast ?

No I don't drink any more maybe I should start back ?

Sorry the ass hole troll is back I even posted a post just to him requesting him not to post and he still does ! Thanks gents for the pm's and I understand you wanting to avoid any contact with an ass kike that POS
smile.png

BuzzardMarine said:
lol that was to funny I am still running off the side of the road when I try to ride the shoulder and my DA just rides off the side of the aspault into the grass and then when I try ti re enter the road Bust ars ! No I don't drink any more maybe I should start back
Steering is a real *****.

Originally Posted by alienator / the A- 1 ass hole

Steering is a real ***** for me I run into walls head on full speed all the time because I get the brake and the water bottle confused ! I do understand how a person could have issues with this since mine are so sever .

I am showing you more respect than you have anyone but I am asking you please do not post in my threads nothing you have to say is of interest to me and all you do is make it to where other do not want to post due to your rude comments and you don't like the way I type or spell and all you want to do is stalk me and insult me so I am asking ypou to please go away you or your comments are wanted or welcome ? I don't know why you would want to be where you are not wanted ? I Tried to make this message as simple as possible so even you will be able to understand that you are a PITA and your info is not desired ! So could you please go harass someone else or go chase parked cars or anything but do not post you ass hole attituide in my thread even if you feel you have the answer to my question your past action make your statements of no value and useless ? I hope you are able to understand this and will try to act like a man and comply with my simple request ? You are not wanted and NONE of your info is welcome or desired ! With most mentally sane people this would be enough to get the message I hope it does with you !
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT A REPLY IS NEITHER NEEDED NOR DESIRED ! JUST STFU AND GO AWAY !
IF I NEVER READ ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR RUDE AND INSULTING POST IT WOULD STILL BE TO SOON ! SO WITH THIS CURRENT INFO PLEASE GET LOST AND DO NOT POST ! I HAVE ALREADY BLOCKED YOU SO I DON'T HAVE TO SEE YOUR POST BUT YOU ARE SUCH A PITA THAT WHEN OTHER PEOPLE SEE YOU HAVE POSTED THEY NO LONGER POST ! SO I AM ASKING YOU TO NOT SCREW UP THIS THREAD AS YOU DID THE PREVIOS ONE AND CAUSE IT TO BE LOCKED DOWN !
AGAIN NO REPLY OR CONFIRMATION NEEDED JUST GO AWAY THAT SIMPLE NO NEED TO CONFIRM YOU READ OR AGREE JUST GO AWAY , PLEASE !
THIS POST IS TO
( alienator )​
WITH NO REPLY !
STOP BEING A CYBER TROLL ! YOU HAVE CONFIRMED BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT YOU ARE AN ASS HOLE SO PLEASE BE AN ASS HOLE TROLL , IN ANOTHER THREAD PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE ? EVEN IF YOU SEE ME ON FIRE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD LET ME BURN ; I WANT NOTHING FROM YOU !
SADRU
YOU JUST HAVE NO CONTROL OVER YOUR OWN ACTIONS DO YOU YOU WORTHLESS POS ? 2nd TIME THIS HAS BEEN POSTED IN THIS THREAD YOU ARE NOT WANTED NOR DESIRED PLEASE TAKE YOU bs SOME WHERE ELSE AND NOT IN THIS THREAD YOU SPINELESS WUSSY WITH NO BALLS JUST A KEY BOARD AND A MISERABLE LIFE YOU EXIST IN ? PROBABLY A ONE ROOM SHANTY WITH NO HOT WATER YOU ARE A SICK PUPPY !
Please go away and do not cause this thread to be locked as you did the last one I started just because you have no life and choose to stalk me ! I can see why I would be a God , hero , idol , person to idolize ? But still you are not wanted you are a sicko and who would continue to post in a thread where you have been politly asked not to ? Are you really that mentally ill ?

You should not be riding so close to the edge of the road that your ride off the road. That is not a safe practice. You have to leave yourself room to maneuver and escape. At the edge of the road, that room is minimized.

I am showing you more respect than you have anyone but I am asking you please do not post in my threads nothing you have to say is of interest to me and all you do is make it to where other do not want to post due to your rude comments and you don't like the way I type or spell and all you want to do is stalk me and insult me so I am asking ypou to please go away you or your comments are wanted or welcome ? I don't know why you would want to be where you are not wanted ? I Tried to make this message as simple as possible so even you will be able to understand that you are a PITA and your info is not desired ! So could you please go harass someone else or go chase parked cars or anything but do not post you ass hole attituide in my thread even if you feel you have the answer to my question your past action make your statements of no value and useless ? I hope you are able to understand this and will try to act like a man and comply with my simple request ? You are not wanted and NONE of your info is welcome or desired ! With most mentally sane people this would be enough to get the message I hope it does with you !
THIS POST IS TO
( alienator )
WITH NO REPLY !
SADRU
YOU JUST HAVE NO CONTROL OVER YOUR OWN ACTIONS DO YOU YOU WORTHLESS POS ?
3rd TIME THIS HAS BEEN POSTED IN THIS THREAD YOU ARE NOT WANTED NOR DESIRED PLEASE TAKE YOU BS SOME WHERE ELSE AND NOT IN THIS THREAD YOU SPINELESS WUSSY WITH NO BALLS JUST A KEY BOARD AND A MISERABLE LIFE YOU EXIST IN ? PROBABLY A ONE ROOM SHANTY WITH NO HOT WATER YOU ARE A SICK PUPPY !
Please go away and do not cause this thread to be locked as you did the last one I started just because you have no life and choose to stalk me ! I can see why I would be a God , hero , idol , person to idolize ? But still you are not wanted you are a sicko and who would continue to post in a thread where you have been politly asked not to ? Are you really that mentally ill ?

I'm not sure who sadru is, but you should take heed when people offer advice about riding on the edge of the road. It is polite to give cars/trucks room, but you can't do so at your own expense. Further by riding at the edge of the road, you encourage drivers to take more of the lane, leaving less room for you. Drivers that for whatever reason don't like cyclists, aren't going to be mollified no matter where you ride on the road. Someone who threatens cyclists, chases cyclists off the road, and shows other such behavior isn't concerned with a cyclist giving them extra room They're a threat to everyone, not just cyclists. If the area you ride in is that bad, I'd suggest you look for quieter roads and consider getting a video camera so that you're able to capture such threats and provide the evidence to police. That's something that a number of cyclists are doing now. I think there are one or two cyclists in this forum that do as much. Oh, I see. Sadru means Lord Vishnu. Huh.

lol that was to funny I am still running off the side of the road when I try to ride the shoulder and my DA just rides off the side of the aspault into the grass and then when I try ti re enter the road Bust ars ! Wet grass early am and an off set from the grass the the pavement . I just gradually steer back onto the paavement and the bike has a mind of it's on ? I don't even feel it coming it just slides out from under me ! But I do feel myself hitting the ground . I have read some of the speeds on this forum and they are in kmph and witht these nes tires on a dry day I see 55 mph going down a hill it is very scary to say the least and no I do not get a rush from it ! All I think of is a wheel coming off or a chain slipping off a ring and locking down the rear tire but these hills are so huge and lond hard not to go fast ?

Hmmm it sounds like you might pick up some mud from the grass and then the bike slips. Or maybe some dew from the grass. Is it necessary to go over that patch of grass? I had a look at the serfas tires and those are touring commuter tires as they say but you can also use them on trails. But if they slip on the grass then its probably best to just use them on the road and well compacted trails.

I was looking the tour de france in the summer and even those guys dont go over 55km/h (35mph?). They go with 55km/h constantly for half an hour but not faster then that...

If you are heavy or have a loaded bike then you might want to go slower so you can stop faster too... Speed allthough sometimes fun on descents since you dont need to put any effort might be dangerous. Especially if you dont know the road ahead or run into a patch of sand etc..

Hehehe I love a cold beer (or six
big-smile.png
) after a ride...
big-smile.png

The Tour de France riders--hell, the pro peloton in general--goes much faster than 55 kph on downhills. Much faster.

Sorry the ass hole troll is back I even posted a post just to him requesting him not to post and he still does ! Thanks gents for the pm's and I understand you wanting to avoid any contact with an ass kike that POS
smile.png

Hey I just noticed that buz guy said mph what is the difference in mph and kph ? I am new to all this .

The only reason I noticed is I ride an old DB and I get over 70 mph on it in USA where everthing is MP

I got a Haro and DB BMX and like them both
smile.png
Ha Ha a commuter DB also so I like these 2 threads they are fnny
nerd.png

Shotnthedark said:
Hey I just noticed that buz guy said mph what is the difference in mph and kph ? I am new to all this .
Miles per hour vs. kilometers per hour.

Originally Posted by alienator

Miles per hour vs. kilometers per hour.
hey thinks ! Do you know a lot about 2 wheelers I have BMX and Mountain Bike ; an old Diamion Back like mentioned in thos weird thread . . . lol I made it a street Rod for School and save $$$

How do MPH = KPH , I guess I don't know how to ask it correctlly conversion 65 KPH = 65 MPH What would 65 KMPH = 65 MPH convert to

How many adjusyments on a DB or HARO BMX or HARO I do more tricks than real BMX , like I get on a track and jmp sometimes but I gotta have brak they are fun as **** to ride !

Mine have to much lever to pull to stop ! is is time for new cabels ? I hope not I am working with pennies with school and all ! Any tricks out there to get more lever without replacile the cable ?