Old Guy says bye to Hard Tail- what Full Suspension do I buy?

> Chris G wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > Until it breaks. Carbon fiber has a tendency to fail without warning.
>> > OCLV = Oh Chit, Lookout(here's another)Victim
>> >
>> > JD

>> Where did you hear this? I always thought if it was properly designed and
>> built it was very strong.

> It's not a "heard" thing, it's a "been there, done that" thing. Was
> what you thought about CF brought on by personal experience, or
> magazine hype?
>
> JD

To be honest a little of both plus the experiences of friends. I have never
seen the sudden failures you speak of, I have crashed Carbon fiber stuff
hard and still rode out on it... sure it breaks everything does.

G.T. wrote:
> "(PeteCresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Per [email protected]:
>>> lock out

>> When I started, I thought I just *had* to have lockout.
>>
>> First bike had a Fox rear shock with lockout.
>>
>> Current bike has zocchi forks with semi-lockout ("ETA").
>>
>> In both cases, I used the feature at first, then used it less and
>> less over the weeks. Right now, I'd say that I wouldn't pay any
>> extra for any kind of lockout. Maybe if somebody races it's
>> another story, but for non-racing use I don't see any benefit that
>> justifies the cost.

> I heartily concur. And if I was still racing I still wouldn't bother
> with lockout.
>
> Greg

heh, or you do what I do, lock it out and forget to unlock it. So you are on
a ride with the front locked out and the back active... wth? why I am riding
like such a dork today....

ps...

Chris G wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Chris G wrote:
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Where did you hear this? I always thought if it was properly designed and
> >> built it was very strong.

> > It's not a "heard" thing, it's a "been there, done that" thing. Was
> > what you thought about CF brought on by personal experience, or
> > magazine hype?
> >
> > JD
> >

> To be honest a little of both plus the experiences of friends. I have never
> seen the sudden failures you speak of, I have crashed Carbon fiber stuff
> hard and still rode out on it... sure it breaks everything does.

Maybe you should ride more, or ride with those who ride more.

JD

> Chris G wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > It's not a "heard" thing, it's a "been there, done that" thing. Was
>> > what you thought about CF brought on by personal experience, or
>> > magazine hype?
>> >
>> > JD
>> >

>> To be honest a little of both plus the experiences of friends. I have
>> never
>> seen the sudden failures you speak of, I have crashed Carbon fiber stuff
>> hard and still rode out on it... sure it breaks everything does.

> Maybe you should ride more, or ride with those who ride more.
>
> JD

Why are you attacking me this?

Read this: http://www.schnauzers.ws/ambfaq.html

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Chris G wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>> Maybe you should ride more, or ride with those who ride more.

> Why are you attacking me this?

I see a new AM-Bar strip:

Bar is loud 'n lively, like usual.

Then it goes dead silent.

Chris asks, "What's going on?"

Someone replies, "JD just came in, and he's in a mood."

Bill "Touart Muse" S.

"Chris G" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Ok... behaves

Chris:

Welcome to the world of JD. What you really need to know about JustaDick is
that he is a really bitter little man. Why? Well his wife dumped his ass and
took his kid away from him. How did he cope? Well, he became Mr. Bicycle.
Instead of caring about his kid, he sleeps with his bike. So now after
several years without his kid he has moved back to SoCal to finally be a
dad. Of course he knows he is too late and has become more angry with
himself. He manifests his displaced anger towards thoe he knows are better
humans, but not bike nuts.

Best of luck to you JD, hope your kid doesn't hate you forever :)

Chris G wrote:
> "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Chris G" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>>Oh I already know who he is! I am just wondering why he acts like this?
>>>

>>Acts?
>>

> Ok... behaves

Why does the sun come up?

Are the stars just pinholes in the curtain of night?

There are some questions in life that will never be suitably answered.
why JD behaves this way is one of them. Suffice to say that he has,
does, and probably will, continue to behave this way. Don't worry about
the "why?"
--
Westie :)

Chris G wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Chris G wrote:
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> To be honest a little of both plus the experiences of friends. I have
> >> never
> >> seen the sudden failures you speak of, I have crashed Carbon fiber stuff
> >> hard and still rode out on it... sure it breaks everything does.

> > Maybe you should ride more, or ride with those who ride more.
> >
> > JD
> >

> Why are you attacking me this?

Check out the victicrat. You come in and start to spew myth based on
obvious limited experience, then get called on it and then cry foul.
Maybe we should throw a pity party for you now.

What an insecure little ***** you are

> Chris G wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Maybe you should ride more, or ride with those who ride more.
>> >
>> > JD
>> >

>> Why are you attacking me this?

> Check out the victicrat. You come in and start to spew myth based on
> obvious limited experience, then get called on it and then cry foul.
> Maybe we should throw a pity party for you now.
>
> JD

Spew Myth? Limited experience? Why do you think that? I have been riding for
years, Fine it is in a different local than you, but riding none the less. A
different opinion from someone who rides different terrain than you. I don't
need a "pity party" (not sure what that is)

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Chris G wrote:
>> "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>"Chris G" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>>Acts?
>>>

>> Ok... behaves

> Why does the sun come up?
>
> Are the stars just pinholes in the curtain of night?
>
> There are some questions in life that will never be suitably answered. why
> JD behaves this way is one of them. Suffice to say that he has, does, and
> probably will, continue to behave this way. Don't worry about the "why?"
> --
> Westie :)

It is a shame, sounds like he knows his stuff, just lacks the interpersonal
skills to get it across. People who come to forums like this to edumacate
themselves about a sport that they are passionate about don't really need
some elitist ***** sucking the fun out of it. I will ride with anyone, old
people on the seawall out for an afternoon, little kids on training wheels
riding the half track at the local BMX track. Dirt jumpers XC, DH,
Roadies... long climbs, shuttles... doesn't matter to me I love it all!

"BR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Chris G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>

>> Ok... behaves

> Chris:
>
> Welcome to the world of JD. What you really need to know about JustaDick
> is that he is a really bitter little man. Why? Well his wife dumped his
> ass and took his kid away from him. How did he cope? Well, he became Mr.
> Bicycle. Instead of caring about his kid, he sleeps with his bike. So now
> after several years without his kid he has moved back to SoCal to finally
> be a dad. Of course he knows he is too late and has become more angry
> with himself. He manifests his displaced anger towards thoe he knows are
> better humans, but not bike nuts.
>
> Best of luck to you JD, hope your kid doesn't hate you forever :)

Thanks for the insight, Sounds like JD and I might have a few things in
common...

Chris G wrote:
> It is a shame, sounds like he knows his stuff, just lacks the interpersonal
> skills to get it across. People who come to forums like this to edumacate
> themselves about a sport that they are passionate about don't really need
> some elitist ***** sucking the fun out of it.

People who come to forums like this to learn a little more about the
limitless possibilities of what can be done on a mountain bike in
capable hands, don't need someone spewing baseless myth as fact to
them.

Since you have reduced yourself to using profanity to label me, maybe
you won't get that pity party after all.

JD

> Chris G wrote:
>> It is a shame, sounds like he knows his stuff, just lacks the
>> interpersonal
>> skills to get it across. People who come to forums like this to edumacate
>> themselves about a sport that they are passionate about don't really need
>> some elitist ***** sucking the fun out of it.

> People who come to forums like this to learn a little more about the
> limitless possibilities of what can be done on a mountain bike in
> capable hands, don't need someone spewing baseless myth as fact to
> them.
>
> Since you have reduced yourself to using profanity to label me, maybe
> you won't get that pity party after all.
>
> JD

unsnip:
I will ride with anyone, old people on the seawall out for an afternoon,
little kids on training wheels riding the half track at the local BMX track.
Dirt jumpers XC, DH, Roadies... long climbs, shuttles... doesn't matter to
me I love it all!

LOL... one of the first posts I made you called me Chris Gullible! I was
hurt!! (not really) I do think it livens up the forum!

Chris G wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Chris G wrote:
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Why are you attacking me this?

> > Check out the victicrat. You come in and start to spew myth based on
> > obvious limited experience, then get called on it and then cry foul.
> > Maybe we should throw a pity party for you now.
> >
> > JD
> >

> Spew Myth? Limited experience? Why do you think that? I have been riding for
> years, Fine it is in a different local than you, but riding none the less. A
> different opinion from someone who rides different terrain than you. I don't
> need a "pity party" (not sure what that is)

Maybe you need to get out more.

JD

Chris G wrote:
> LOL... one of the first posts I made you called me Chris Gullible! I was
> hurt!! (not really) I do think it livens up the forum!

Maybe you should have listened to me about those crappy and dangerous
Halfpipes before you broke your wrist then.

JD