Old Guy says bye to Hard Tail- what Full Suspension do I buy?

> Chris G wrote:
>> LOL... one of the first posts I made you called me Chris Gullible! I was
>> hurt!! (not really) I do think it livens up the forum!

> Maybe you should have listened to me about those crappy and dangerous
> Halfpipes before you broke your wrist then.
>
> JD

Pretty sure I was the first kid on the block to have those!

Chris G wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Chris G wrote:
> >> LOL... one of the first posts I made you called me Chris Gullible! I was
> >> hurt!! (not really) I do think it livens up the forum!

> > Maybe you should have listened to me about those crappy and dangerous
> > Halfpipes before you broke your wrist then.
> >
> > JD
> >

> Pretty sure I was the first kid on the block to have those!

You need to Google the first thread you participated in about them on
this NG. I had demoed a RM bike with them on it and wrote that they
are dangerous because they had a tendency to spin when wheeliedropping.
You came back and admitted they were in fact dangerous when you broke
your wrist.

JD

> Chris G wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Maybe you should have listened to me about those crappy and dangerous
>> > Halfpipes before you broke your wrist then.
>> >
>> > JD
>> >

>> Pretty sure I was the first kid on the block to have those!

> You need to Google the first thread you participated in about them on
> this NG. I had demoed a RM bike with them on it and wrote that they
> are dangerous because they had a tendency to spin when wheeliedropping.
> You came back and admitted they were in fact dangerous when you broke
> your wrist.
>
> JD

Yup you are right!! Lol...I still have that dam shifter!

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Chris G wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Maybe you should ride more, or ride with those who ride more.

>> Why are you attacking me this?

> I see a new AM-Bar strip:
>
> Bar is loud 'n lively, like usual.
>
> Then it goes dead silent.
>
> Chris asks, "What's going on?"
>
> Someone replies, "JD just came in, and he's in a mood."
>
> Bill "Touart Muse" S.

PS: I thought "Chris G" was Chris Glidden. Bzzt. My bad.

> Chris G wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Maybe you should have listened to me about those crappy and dangerous
>> > Halfpipes before you broke your wrist then.
>> >
>> > JD
>> >

>> Pretty sure I was the first kid on the block to have those!

> You need to Google the first thread you participated in about them on
> this NG. I had demoed a RM bike with them on it and wrote that they
> are dangerous because they had a tendency to spin when wheeliedropping.
> You came back and admitted they were in fact dangerous when you broke
> your wrist.
>
> JD

Good for you..have you hugged you kid today?

news:[email protected]...

Bill Sornson wrote:
> PS: I thought "Chris G" was Chris Glidden. Bzzt. My bad.

Are you on page 2 now Bill?

JD

"Chris G" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Chris G wrote:
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Pretty sure I was the first kid on the block to have those!

> > You need to Google the first thread you participated in about them on
> > this NG. I had demoed a RM bike with them on it and wrote that they
> > are dangerous because they had a tendency to spin when wheeliedropping.
> > You came back and admitted they were in fact dangerous when you broke
> > your wrist.
> >
> > JD
> >

> Yup you are right!! Lol...I still have that dam shifter!

Glad we got that settled. I was starting to wonder whether this was the
Chris G of "Chris G and Shaner" fame or not.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....t.mountain-bike&rnum=2&hl=en#4646783ac40bb5a1

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....t.mountain-bike&rnum=3&hl=en#e9338dd586f0c7a9

Greg

JD wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> PS: I thought "Chris G" was Chris Glidden. Bzzt. My bad.

> Are you on page 2 now Bill?

Gotta wet my finger so I can turn the page!

(Smart-ass :p )

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:

<snip>

> PS: I thought "Chris G" was Chris Glidden. Bzzt. My bad.

Me too.

Matt

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> appreciate all the replies to my orig post...
>>
>> i guess my fear is going from a 23 lb hard trail to a 32 lb FS
>>
>> thinking 27- 28 lbs FS sounds more like something all around as befits
>> my age (tho in the day I was a maximum shredder and if i lived back in
>> Cali,

> How's the riding in Colombia?
>
> Greg

dude, get over it..people from California still call it Cali...even if you
don't.

> > Yup you are right!! Lol...I still have that dam shifter!
> >

> Glad we got that settled. I was starting to wonder whether this was the
> Chris G of "Chris G and Shaner" fame or not.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt....t.mountain-bike&rnum=2&hl=en#4646783ac40bb5a1
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt....t.mountain-bike&rnum=3&hl=en#e9338dd586f0c7a9
>

> Greg

Is this the Chris G who wears a thong riding, or am I thinking of
someone else? I knew it wasn't Chris Glidden, whose quiet enjoying his
new baby. Last I heard, the thong wearing Chris hucking the urban
scene on a Cove. But hey, what do I know? I can't even keep track of
my own kids, let alone amb's.

CDB