Old guys FTP

Quadsweep

Aug 6, 2005
40 and up only
biggrin.gif
Okay if you are over 35 you can post but it doesn't count
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Can you still kick some young ass in the races and gorup rides?
confused.gif
frown.gif

List your age, weight and FTP.
cool.gif

Me, 43 years young, 71 kilo's and 300 watts FTP.
cool.gif
Shooting for 320 by April.
smile.gif

Just found that out by killing myself on my Kurt Kinetic for an hour! Not doing that again
eek.gif

Not so secretly I would like to kick Dr. Coggans butt since he is kicking my butt on some posts
wink.gif
Maybe I'll take a road trip to Missouri this Spring and find his group ride.
biggrin.gif

51, 157 lbs, 258. I can be passed by 20- and 30-somethings, but not as easily as last year. I do a lot of solo riding, and will often have younger riders catch my wheel, and rather than passing, we often just trade pulls for several miles. And when we finally split, they don't peel away ahead of me, but rather finally take different roads.

B.

QUOTE=Quadsweep]40 and up only
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

confused.gif
frown.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif
smile.gif

Just found that out by killing myself on my Kurt Kinetic for an hour! Not doing that again
eek.gif

Not so secretly I would like to kick Dr. Coggans butt since he is kicking my butt on some posts
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]

Quadsweep said:
wink.gif

You have no one to blame but yourself. ;)

Quadsweep said:
biggrin.gif

I rarely do group rides, as they're not a very efficient use of my quite limited time to ride.

Anyway, to answer your Q: 48 y, 67 kg, 300 W

Now (Jan 2007)
- 75 kg
- 300 - 310 w (estimated)
- 39.5 years (40 next June)

Last summer
- 72 kg
- 320 - 330 w (estimated)
- 39 years

Besides doing L3-Workouts, I'm working more on my L7 capabilities right now, than on L4. Main targets will be short endurance track competitions (points, scratch, elimination, may be poursuite).

ftp 240
wt 74 kg
age 54 yrs

I'm shooting for 4 to 1, watts/kg. 280 watts/70kg. It WILL happen this coming season. I am going from a dropee to a dropper. After all it's more blessed to give than to receive.
icon10.gif
It's gonna be a gas.

Quadsweep said:
cool.gif
smile.gif

wink.gif
You might get to #1 faster if you'd waste less time on #2. The man knows what he's talking about. I learned long ago to identify true gurus. Andy's the real deal.:D

As to your questions:
Wt: 81KG:mad:
FTP: 300W (plan to get back to ~325W by June)
Yes, I regularly drop much younger riders, especially on long climbs.:D

Quadsweep said:
40 and up only
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

confused.gif
frown.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif
smile.gif

eek.gif

wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Sadly, I hadn't thought I was old. :eek:

39 y (turning 40 mid-season, so 40 on race licence)
75 kg (72 after a good workout)
333 w (maybe 340-ish, I'm affraid to re-test) ;)

RapDaddyo said:
You might get to #1 faster if you'd waste less time on #2. The man knows what he's talking about. I learned long ago to identify true gurus. Andy's the real deal.:D

As to your questions:
Wt: 81KG:mad:
FTP: 300W (plan to get back to ~325W by June)
Yes, I regularly drop much younger riders, especially on long climbs.:D

Damn Rapper.... really good numbers! **** drop 10 pounds and LOOK OUT!

Me, 44 years old. 335 FTP 72 kilo's
Trying to make it back to real Cat 1 and be the oldest in the state.....just one last time, just for the fun of it, if my wife doesn't kill me first. My sprint is still decent Cat 1 thank Goodness.

I love to Kick young asses and in fact this is one my favorite things to do in life and it keeps me "going". Like the grand dad I too like the long climbs....the younger they are the less tough they are. We old guys are way tougher mentally. ....and most have no idea on how to sprint he he he.
:D :cool:

acoggan said:
Anyway, to answer your Q: 48 y, 67 kg, 300 W

Andy......damn nice! Let me train you and you'll see 330 by Summer. he he he... dig dig
;) :D

But seriously....too bad your time is so limited.. :)

TiMan said:
Andy......damn nice! Let me train you and you'll see 330 by Summer. he he he... dig dig
;) :D

Maybe with the help of some EPO.

TiMan said:
But seriously....too bad your time is so limited.. :)

I guess that I do okay considering that I average <1 h/d on the bike.

39 (turn 40 in Sept)

70kg and 280 FTP

For sure kick some younger ass - make a habit of it when I can.

43 in racing years, 68 kgs, 280 FTP. Sometimes I am the hammer and sometimes I am the nail.:D

I'm 51, 170 lbs, with a lowly FTP of 190.

After reading the "It's Killing Me" post, I have now been working on pushing it up, and it's very encouraging for me to see other people in my age group with much higher FTPs. It means I still have a chance to push it into the upper 200s.

Quadsweep said:
40 and up only

cool.gif
Weight: 220 (100 kg)
FTP: 385 (2006 peak)

1st Cat 3 ABR TT series
2nd Cat 3 ABR Rider of the Year

I think I do pretty well...

Jim

My numbers are nothing to brag about, but here they go anyways:

FTP: ~220 (hope to push it up to upper 200's by the coming summer)
Weight: 68kg (will try to lose at least 3kg by this summer)

Because I had a surgery in my abs, I had to take a forced, extended off last fall for 2 months and my aerobic fitness had been, well, all flushed down the toilet when I resumed riding. But after spending a couple of weeks recovering in low L2-3, I started doing SST and have been doing that almost exclusively. And at this year's first ride, I was able to break my previous record by more than 2 minutes at an avg 8% grade, 3.8km long hill where I could never break the 20-minutes wall previously (new best time is 18min 7sec). AP during the effort as 241 watts with NP of 248.

I'm pretty encouraged and got much confidence in SST by this result, so I plan to keep doing this during this winter.

43 this season
80kg (Hmmm, Christmas / NY is over now....)
FTP 310W current (PT)
young guys - sure I kick some butt (if winning the odd race counts as kicking butt) but who needs 'em, the old blokes are tough enough my way. My State masters competitors are a hard bunch (world & national champs everywhere, one going for a world best pursuit time for instance). I still have some way to go.

45 years
83Kg
265W (estimated via analytic cycling) 2005
Took '06 off due to shoulder surgery; been getting back in to it these past few months and the numbers are somewhat less than impressive...