Road Cycling · Public discussion

Old Haro Escape - worth fixing up?

Started by Bryanska · · Last activity · 1 post · 609 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
4 October 2004
Last activity
4 October 2004
Original author
Bryanska
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
609
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all beautiful people at the Bike Group,

    My neighbor gave me a used Haro Escape from I-don't-know-when. It's
    Cro-Mo, and a [censored]' day-glo orange (original paint).

    It's starting to need some attention, and I was wondering if I should
    keep it or sell it. I don't know anything about Haro's frames or
    quality, etc. I'm pretty ignorant.

    It needs:
    New stem (currently has some rubber bushing suspension stem that's too
    short)
    New shifters
    New cables
    Possibly new brake levers

    It has a ring of rust around the upright tube, up near the top where
    the seatpost quick-release makes it tight. The paint is flaking there
    a bit, and the rust is bulging. Symptomatic of anything you know of?

    It's rugged as the day is long. I'd like to keep it if it's worth it,
    and make if more comfortable as a cruiser.

    What do you think? Fix it or nix it?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.