Old higher end OR New lower end Road bike

You are a saviour /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif. Things were getting kind of complicated at the trek showroom, cause he had an assembled model which had an extremely loose knob, to the extent that there was vertical play unlike the slide play. This kind of felt weird, fortunately he had just one more bike in my size, and I took it.

My knob functions exactly as yours, but since I could not get any feedback on this particular model it was kind of confusing.

Did you receive any manual hard copy or in pdf file only for the shocks. The spinner website does not have accurate information.

The 2009 models seem to have the Rst Gila T8 and I think that was without lockout. I too got mine about a week back and just getting the hang of it.

Has your bike shop given you any pointers about this model regarding maintenance and riding ?

I found the rear derailleurs a little slow in response, I have a Schwinn frontier sport as well and the gears are really nice.

How do you like the seat ? I find it a little hard and painful , but i guess that should go away.

ciao

I only recieved a basic manual with my bike. I changed the seat when I first got the bike but have used the stock seat off and on, I sometimes use it on my road bike too. I've noticed the rear derailer sometimes has difficulty shifting from the 5th into the 6th gear and I have to shift into 7th and then back down into 6th. I plan to address this issue when I take it in for its first service, other than that it is proving to be a great bike for my capabilities! What color did you get?

Its the Gloss Black, I actually preferred the color as a first liking and then i liked the components.

There was a lot of debate regarding the Cannondale f7 but somehow not too comfortable with the disk brakes. I like the easy to maintain, v brakes.
Â