Old KH Crank/Hub vs New KH Crank/Hub

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by pdc, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. pdc

    pdc Guest

    Tags:

  2. jagur

    jagur Guest

    im pretty sure it is, since its Profile knock off, it sould hold up
    fine. maybe your a square person at heart? :D

    --
    jagur - Random Unicyclist

    smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  3. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    Ya, I bent my KH 04 cranks, I got some Haro cranks which look like
    profiles are much stonger, I have done the same drop I bent the KH's on
    and bigger drops and they haven't broken. Another thing that I am not
    sure means any thing, Ryan Atkins who has bent profiles now uses the KH
    05 and did some big drops on it at Toque, 6 or 7 feet.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    ¤-Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  4. colsmith

    colsmith Guest

  5. TrialsUni

    TrialsUni Guest

    KcTheAcy wrote:
    > *Ryan Atkins who has bent profiles now uses the KH 05 and did some big
    > drops on it at Toque, 6 or 7 feet. *

    And has he bent the new KH/Onza cranks? The hub?

    --
    TrialsUni - Urban Trials Rider
    TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986

  6. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    KcTheAcy wrote:
    > *Another thing that I am not sure means any thing, Ryan Atkins who has
    > bent profiles now uses the KH 05 and did some big drops on it at
    > Toque, 6 or 7 feet. *

    well, 6 or 7 feet really isn't that high for a Ryan Atkins drop. he
    probably bent the profiles on a 10 foot drop, or maybe higher.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

  7. TrialsUni

    TrialsUni Guest

    I meant over time. How has the uni held up to his output of abuse? I
    heard he went through two of Micheal Prichett's
    (spelling?)--(SEMPER_UNI)--alum. frames.

    Sorry for the confusion,
    Evan

    --
    TrialsUni - Urban Trials Rider
    TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986

  8. jagur

    jagur Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > *well, 6 or 7 feet really isn't that high for a Ryan Atkins drop. he
    > probably bent the profiles on a 10 foot drop, or maybe higher. *

    i think i remember him cracking a Pro crank off a 7 or 8 footer last
    year in Tohoe. it was a rolling down slanted rock landing too. there is
    a vid on here somewhere of it i think but not a focus on the crank. it
    was later that it was realised or somthing.

    --
    jagur - Random Unicyclist

    smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  9. mango

    mango Guest

    I broke an 03 KH crank and a profile crank. Neither of them were on that
    spectacular a drop....maybe a few feet. I think it was more of an
    over-time kinda thing. I am very happy with the length of time and abuse
    both those cranks lasted through and were certainly worth the money
    (esp. the profile cause of the warranty!).

    The new KHs are supposed to be a better design than the old, plus more
    like a profile design. Both those things make me confident that they are
    more than adequate. :D

    | Attachment filename: eataprofile.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/336274|

    mango - unity - as 1 stand together

    *Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892