Old Mavic Pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Daanimal900, Mar 15, 2003.

  1. Daanimal900

    Daanimal900 Guest

    I recently picked up a set of Mavic/Look pedals (the old gray ones) at a swap meet. The bearings
    need to be repacked. I've removed the dust caps and undone the retaining nuts on the end of the
    axles, but the bearings won't come out. Do they need to be pressed out? Are these pedals
    serviceable? What's the trick? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. I seem to remember giving the axle an easy hit with a hammer and punch. Gary Jacobson

    "daanimal900" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I recently picked up a set of Mavic/Look pedals (the old gray ones) at a swap meet. The bearings
    > need to be repacked. I've removed the dust caps and undone the retaining nuts on the end of the
    > axles, but the bearings won't come out. Do they need to be pressed out? Are these pedals
    > serviceable? What's the trick? Thanks.

  3. Daanimal900

    Daanimal900 Guest

    Ahh, good ol' "percussive maintenance." My specialty. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

    Dan

    news:[email protected]...