Old Mavic Pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Daanimal900, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daanimal900

Daanimal900 Guest

I recently picked up a set of Mavic/Look pedals (the old gray ones) at a swap meet. The bearings
    need to be repacked. I've removed the dust caps and undone the retaining nuts on the end of the
    axles, but the bearings won't come out. Do they need to be pressed out? Are these pedals
    serviceable? What's the trick? Thanks.

Tags:

2. I seem to remember giving the axle an easy hit with a hammer and punch. Gary Jacobson

"daanimal900" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I recently picked up a set of Mavic/Look pedals (the old gray ones) at a swap meet. The bearings
    > need to be repacked. I've removed the dust caps and undone the retaining nuts on the end of the
    > axles, but the bearings won't come out. Do they need to be pressed out? Are these pedals
    > serviceable? What's the trick? Thanks.

3. Daanimal900

Daanimal900 Guest

Ahh, good ol' "percussive maintenance." My specialty. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Dan

"Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I seem to remember giving the axle an easy hit with a hammer and punch. Gary Jacobson
    >
    >
    > "daanimal900" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I recently picked up a set of Mavic/Look pedals (the old gray ones) at a swap meet. The bearings
    > > need to be repacked. I've removed the dust
    caps
    > > and undone the retaining nuts on the end of the axles, but the bearings won't come out. Do they
    > > need to be pressed out? Are these pedals serviceable? What's the trick? Thanks.
    > >
    >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.