Old Pals

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack Lovell

Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me and a
bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy blonde on
the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.

"How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.

"Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and left
me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large box of
cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".

"It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred for
each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another four sets
of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve hundred quid".

"By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".

"Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".

:)

does he have any more bikes for sale !!!!!!!!!

"Jack Lovell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1frg2mb.teulh9lpj87mN%[email protected]...
> Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me and
> a bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy blonde
> on the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.
>
> "How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.
>
> "Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and left
> me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large box of
> cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".
>
> "It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred
> for each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another
> four sets of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve
> hundred quid".
>
> "By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
> wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".
>
> "Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".
>
> :)

"Davo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Nx%[email protected]...
> does he have any more bikes for sale !!!!!!!!!
>
>
>
> "Jack Lovell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:1frg2mb.teulh9lpj87mN%[email protected]...
> > Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me
> > and a bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy
> > blonde on the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.
> >
> > "How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.
> >
> > "Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and
> > left me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large
> > box of cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".
> >
> > "It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred
> > for each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another
> > four sets of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve
> > hundred quid".
> >
> > "By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
> > wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".
> >
> > "Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".
> >
> > :)
> >
> >
>
>

Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:42:14 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>

>
>
>Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.

Aluminium is she? Steel ones last much longer.

Tim

--

fast and gripping, non pompous, glossy and credible.

Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:42:14 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>
> >
> >
> >Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.
>
>
> Aluminium is she? Steel ones last much longer.

And apparently give a better ride!

--
Mark

"Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.