Old Pals

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jack Lovell, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Lovell

Jack Lovell Guest

Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me and a
    bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy blonde on
    the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.

"How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.

"Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and left
    me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large box of
    cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".

"It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred for
    each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another four sets
    of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve hundred quid".

"By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
    wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".

"Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".

:)

Tags:

2. Davo

Davo Guest

does he have any more bikes for sale !!!!!!!!!

"Jack Lovell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1frg2mb.teulh9lpj87mN%[email protected]...
    > Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me and
    > a bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy blonde
    > on the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.
    >
    > "How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.
    >
    > "Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and left
    > me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large box of
    > cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".
    >
    > "It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred
    > for each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another
    > four sets of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve
    > hundred quid".
    >
    > "By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
    > wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".
    >
    > "Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".
    >
    > :)

3. Smudger

Smudger Guest

"Davo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Nx%[email protected]...
    > does he have any more bikes for sale !!!!!!!!!
    >
    >
    >
    > "Jack Lovell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:1frg2mb.teulh9lpj87mN%[email protected]...
    > > Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me
    > > and a bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy
    > > blonde on the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.
    > >
    > > "How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.
    > >
    > > "Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and
    > > left me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large
    > > box of cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".
    > >
    > > "It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred
    > > for each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another
    > > four sets of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve
    > > hundred quid".
    > >
    > > "By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
    > > wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".
    > >
    > > "Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".
    > >
    > > :)
    > >
    > >
    >
    >

Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.

4. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guest

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:42:14 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>

>
    >
    >Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.

Aluminium is she? Steel ones last much longer.

Tim

--

fast and gripping, non pompous, glossy and credible.

5. Msa

Msa Guest

Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:42:14 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >
    > >
    > >
    > >Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.
    >
    >
    > Aluminium is she? Steel ones last much longer.

And apparently give a better ride!

--
    Mark

"Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.