Old Pals

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jack Lovell, Mar 7, 2003.

  1. Jack Lovell

    Jack Lovell Guest

    Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me and a
    bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy blonde on
    the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.

    "How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.

    "Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and left
    me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large box of
    cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".

    "It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred for
    each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another four sets
    of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve hundred quid".

    "By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
    wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".

    "Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".

    :)

    Tags:

  2. Davo

    Davo Guest

    does he have any more bikes for sale !!!!!!!!!

    "Jack Lovell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1frg2mb.teulh9lpj87mN%[email protected]...
    > Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me and
    > a bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy blonde
    > on the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.
    >
    > "How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.
    >
    > "Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and left
    > me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large box of
    > cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".
    >
    > "It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred
    > for each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another
    > four sets of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve
    > hundred quid".
    >
    > "By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
    > wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".
    >
    > "Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".
    >
    > :)

  3. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Davo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Nx%[email protected]...
    > does he have any more bikes for sale !!!!!!!!!
    >

    > "Jack Lovell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:1frg2mb.teulh9lpj87mN%[email protected]...
    > > Pushing my old hack along the pavement the other day when a Roller stopped just in front of me
    > > and a bloke got out decked tip-to-toe in Saville Row; a Patek Phillipe on one arm and a trophy
    > > blonde on the other. Blow me down if it's not an old school mate.
    > >
    > > "How did you get all this?" I asked in amazement.
    > >
    > > "Strange coincidence" he said looking at my old bike "but my Dad died eighteen months ago and
    > > left me six hundred quid. I bought two cheap aluminium bike frames for a hundred each; a large
    > > box of cycle bits for a couple of hundred; and two sets of wheels".
    > >
    > > "It took me a week to put them together and another week to sell them, but I got three hundred
    > > for each. As I still had lots of bits left I bought four more of the cheap frames and another
    > > four sets of wheels and within the week I had put them together and flogged the lot for twelve
    > > hundred quid".
    > >
    > > "By now I'm really flying, so I banked three hundred quid; bought six more sets of frames and
    > > wheels; turned them around in twelve days and started to look for bigger premises".
    > >
    > > "Then a distant aunt died and left me three million quid so I thought f*** the bikes!".
    > >
    > > :)

    Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.

  4. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:42:14 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

    <snip>

    >Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.

    Aluminium is she? Steel ones last much longer.

    Tim

  5. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:42:14 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >

    > >Has he got a spare trophy blonde? Mine's knack**d.
    >

    > Aluminium is she? Steel ones last much longer.

    And apparently give a better ride!

    --
    Mark

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"