old raleigh... moped?

RubyRed

Guest
Hey, I have this old Raleigh bike and don't know what or how old it is.
It has a very thick fork, a seat and back shocks like a moped, and no
motor. It has two braise-ons on the seat tube which my friend says he
thinks are to mount the engine, but it would have to be a pretty small
and thin engine. The serial number doesn't fit into any chart of
Raliegh serial numbers I've found, but if m11 76 64307 means
anthing to you, please let me know. thanks.

Raleigh did make a moped. Check some moped web sites ( Moped Army and
Moped2.org).
What size are the tires? What kind of brakes (drum, caliper)?

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com