Old school fork question

Greg Marshall

Guest
Hey all you veteran mechanics.

I just scored a free Marzocchi XC 500 to put on my winter beater. The seals are still good and it
still holds air. It's been about 8 years since I've worked on one of these or anything like it (XC
600/700, XCR, XC 51). Does anyone out there happen to know what the stock oil height was for these
things? I'm pretty sure they used 20 weight oil, but I really have no recollection of what the oil
height I supposed to be. I'd rather not figure it out by trail and error, so if anyone knows, drop
me a line.

Happy riding all, spring is on it's way.

Greg.

Greg Marshall wrote:
> Hey all you veteran mechanics.
>
> I just scored a free Marzocchi XC 500 to put on my winter beater. The seals are still good and it
> still holds air. It's been about 8 years since I've worked on one of these or anything like it (XC
> 600/700, XCR, XC 51). Does anyone out there happen to know what the stock oil height was for these
> things? I'm pretty sure they used 20 weight oil, but I really have no recollection of what the oil
> height I supposed to be. I'd rather not figure it out by trail and error, so if anyone knows, drop
> me a line.
>
> Happy riding all, spring is on it's way.
>
> Greg.

XC600 manual, best I could find:

http://www.marzocchi.com/download/manuali_pdf/XC600.pdf

Jon Bond

its about 30 r 40 mm from the top of the stanchion. "Greg Marshall" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...