Old school fork question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Greg Marshall, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all you veteran mechanics.

I just scored a free Marzocchi XC 500 to put on my winter beater. The seals are still good and it
    still holds air. It's been about 8 years since I've worked on one of these or anything like it (XC
    600/700, XCR, XC 51). Does anyone out there happen to know what the stock oil height was for these
    things? I'm pretty sure they used 20 weight oil, but I really have no recollection of what the oil
    height I supposed to be. I'd rather not figure it out by trail and error, so if anyone knows, drop
    me a line.

Happy riding all, spring is on it's way.

Greg.

Tags:

2. Greg Marshall wrote:
    > Hey all you veteran mechanics.
    >
    > I just scored a free Marzocchi XC 500 to put on my winter beater. The seals are still good and it
    > still holds air. It's been about 8 years since I've worked on one of these or anything like it (XC
    > 600/700, XCR, XC 51). Does anyone out there happen to know what the stock oil height was for these
    > things? I'm pretty sure they used 20 weight oil, but I really have no recollection of what the oil
    > height I supposed to be. I'd rather not figure it out by trail and error, so if anyone knows, drop
    > me a line.
    >
    > Happy riding all, spring is on it's way.
    >
    > Greg.
    >

XC600 manual, best I could find:

http://www.marzocchi.com/download/manuali_pdf/XC600.pdf

Jon Bond

3. its about 30 r 40 mm from the top of the stanchion. "Greg Marshall" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Hey all you veteran mechanics.
    >
    > I just scored a free Marzocchi XC 500 to put on my winter beater. The seals are still good and it
    > still holds air. It's been about 8 years since I've worked on one of these or anything like it (XC
    > 600/700, XCR, XC 51). Does anyone out there happen to know what the stock oil height was for these
    > things? I'm pretty sure they used 20 weight oil, but I really have no recollection of what the oil
    > height I supposed to be. I'd rather not figure it out by trail and error, so if anyone knows, drop
    > me a line.
    >
    > Happy riding all, spring is on it's way.
    >
    > Greg.
    >

its about 30 r 40 mm from the top of the stanchion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.