Old Selle San Marco Saddle

Shaneybob

Feb 6, 2004
The first bike I ever purchased was a Bianchi Trofeo back in 1994. It served me well and still does on occasion. It came with a San marco saddle of unknown model that has fit me better that any other saddle I've tried. It seems to be 150mm wide at the widest and a typical length. Not too much padding and smooth black with only the Bianchi logo on the nose sides, but no other markings other than San Marco on the underside. The nose finally came apart and I need to replace it. Does anyone have a clue what model this might be? I think it might be a Rolls, it's that same type of profile, although it has a slight more curvature I think??? Thanks for any info.

I doubt if its a rolls because a rolls is amply padded. A distinct feature of the Selle San Marco rolls is the stainless steel nameplate rivetted at the back of the saddle.

A less padded Selle San Marco saddle is the Regal. This is by far the most comfortable saddle I've used because it just fits me so well. The distictive feature of the Regal are the brass rivets on top of the back end of the saddle. The leather used is also textured.

I suppose it's more like the Regal then, but it has none of the rivets. It's just plain, smooth black leather(?). Might be a regal is what I need to look at then.

Does not look like a Regal. But Selle San Marco also produces custom ordered saddles with a slight diffrences from its own production models.

It looks a lot like a Rolls, but not nearly as flat. It has more of the curvature of the Regal which I like.

Thanks everyone.