old xt front hub info

Anonymous

Guest
Darn, broke the axle on the front hub (trying to get the cones off). So I need a new one, and cones
and balls at the same time (why I was trying to get the cones off.)

But what to get and where to get them? anybody got any recommendations?

I think it's early to mid 90's XT (the rear is 7 speed). There is an orange ring on either
side which appears to be a grease port. Does anybody recognise this, and know a model
number/when it was made?

cheers, clive

> Darn, broke the axle on the front hub (trying to get the cones off). So I need a new one, and
> cones and balls at the same time (why I was trying to get the cones off.)
>
> But what to get and where to get them? anybody got any recommendations?
>
> I think it's early to mid 90's XT (the rear is 7 speed). There is an orange ring on either side
> which appears to be a grease port. Does anybody recognise this, and know a model number/when it
> was made?

HB-M730 made from late 80's 2 '93. ought 2 B a black ring fixed 2 orange part:
http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Hub37.JPG SJS has new cones&axels
http://www.sjscycles.com/store/item2416.htm or try UR lbs - any 9x1mm axel. JumpZkid
--
The opinions expressed are those of the JUMPHUNTER!!!!!!!

"Jumpzkid" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

news:<[email protected]>...
> > Darn, broke the axle on the front hub (trying to get the cones off). So
> > need a new one, and cones and balls at the same time (why I was trying
> > get the cones off.)
> >
> > But what to get and where to get them? anybody got any recommendations?
> >
> > I think it's early to mid 90's XT (the rear is 7 speed). There is an
orange
> > ring on either side which appears to be a grease port. Does anybody recognise this, and know a
> > model number/when it was made?
>
> HB-M730 made from late 80's 2 '93. ought 2 B a black ring fixed 2 orange
part:
> http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Hub37.JPG

dead on - thanks very much.

> SJS has new cones&axels http://www.sjscycles.com/store/item2416.htm or try UR lbs - any 9x1mm
> axel. JumpZkid

off to bother the evil empire then...

cheers, clive

> > SJS has new cones&axels http://www.sjscycles.com/store/item2416.htm or try UR lbs - any 9x1mm
> > axel. JumpZkid
>
> off to bother the evil empire then...
>
> cheers, clive

I needed a new cone for that exact same model of hub last week. I took the old cone to my LBS and
the nice man disappeared out back and produced a new one in about 3 mins. I think he said it came
off an LX hub (didn't specify new or old). Anyway it fits perfectly and if you have no joy from SJS
it might be worth a try. cheers, Tony R.