old xt front hub info

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2003.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Darn, broke the axle on the front hub (trying to get the cones off). So I need a new one, and cones
    and balls at the same time (why I was trying to get the cones off.)

    But what to get and where to get them? anybody got any recommendations?

    I think it's early to mid 90's XT (the rear is 7 speed). There is an orange ring on either
    side which appears to be a grease port. Does anybody recognise this, and know a model
    number/when it was made?

    cheers, clive

    Tags:

  2. Jumpzkid

    Jumpzkid Guest

    > Darn, broke the axle on the front hub (trying to get the cones off). So I need a new one, and
    > cones and balls at the same time (why I was trying to get the cones off.)
    >
    > But what to get and where to get them? anybody got any recommendations?
    >
    > I think it's early to mid 90's XT (the rear is 7 speed). There is an orange ring on either side
    > which appears to be a grease port. Does anybody recognise this, and know a model number/when it
    > was made?

    HB-M730 made from late 80's 2 '93. ought 2 B a black ring fixed 2 orange part:
    http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Hub37.JPG SJS has new cones&axels
    http://www.sjscycles.com/store/item2416.htm or try UR lbs - any 9x1mm axel. JumpZkid
    --
    The opinions expressed are those of the JUMPHUNTER!!!!!!!

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Jumpzkid" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Darn, broke the axle on the front hub (trying to get the cones off). So
    > > need a new one, and cones and balls at the same time (why I was trying
    > > get the cones off.)
    > >
    > > But what to get and where to get them? anybody got any recommendations?
    > >
    > > I think it's early to mid 90's XT (the rear is 7 speed). There is an
    orange
    > > ring on either side which appears to be a grease port. Does anybody recognise this, and know a
    > > model number/when it was made?
    >
    > HB-M730 made from late 80's 2 '93. ought 2 B a black ring fixed 2 orange
    part:
    > http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Hub37.JPG

    dead on - thanks very much.

    > SJS has new cones&axels http://www.sjscycles.com/store/item2416.htm or try UR lbs - any 9x1mm
    > axel. JumpZkid

    off to bother the evil empire then...

    cheers, clive

  4. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    > > SJS has new cones&axels http://www.sjscycles.com/store/item2416.htm or try UR lbs - any 9x1mm
    > > axel. JumpZkid
    >
    > off to bother the evil empire then...
    >
    > cheers, clive

    I needed a new cone for that exact same model of hub last week. I took the old cone to my LBS and
    the nice man disappeared out back and produced a new one in about 3 mins. I think he said it came
    off an LX hub (didn't specify new or old). Anyway it fits perfectly and if you have no joy from SJS
    it might be worth a try. cheers, Tony R.