older ksyrium wheels vs shimano r500

bababoy

May 4, 2013
i recently bought a road bike with older mavic ksyrium wheels. im not sure how old they are as i got them with a cannondale caad7 which i bought second hand. the new bike has shimano r500 wheels. i was just wondering if i should switch them or am i better off using the newer rims. im also not sure how many kms the mavics have but they are true and spin nicely. the mavic wheels have nice spokes too (well compared to the shimano set). to add, the mavics have a flat inner rim profile as to the more tear drop shape that the shimano set has (maybe that would help in identifying the year of the rims???).

so question is would the mavic be a better wheel set than the shimano in this case?

thanks!

can you keep both wheelsets ? its quite handy to do so,

I'm not sure what's nice about the Ksyrium spokes compared to those in the Shimano, but vspa is right: keep 'em both.

thats the other option. i can use one as training wheels but i was thinking of selling my old caad7. don't need to but i could use the money to get a garmin. or i could also use the old bike as a rain training bike i guess.