Older Shimano FW Tool, RX100 crank arm

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jeff J., Feb 16, 2003.

  1. Jeff J.

    Jeff J. Guest

    Anyone have, or know where I can find, an older style Shimano freewheel removal tool? I don't mean
    the one that is currently available from Park - the one I need is slightly smaller in diameter, has
    12 splines, and was (according to my research in the R.B.T. archives) also used to remove the BB
    cups that were part of those weird Shimano "front freewheel" systems.

    Also, I'm looking for a left crank arm to mate up with an RX100 triple crank. I tried the other
    newsgroup (R.B.M.), but got no response (maybe I should have asked for carbon fiber). Anyway, the
    drive-side arm I have has Shimano part no. FC-A550-T, and is 170mm long.

    Thanks a bunch,

    --
    Jeff ([email protected])

    Tags:

  2. Russell

    Russell Guest

    "Jeff J." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone have, or know where I can find, an older style Shimano freewheel removal tool?

    I imagine you local bike shop could order one for you from United Bicycle Tool Supply, or directly
    from Shimano.

    > Also, I'm looking for a left crank arm to mate up with an RX100 triple crank. I tried the other
    > newsgroup (R.B.M.), but got no response (maybe I should have asked for carbon fiber). Anyway, the
    > drive-side arm I have has Shimano part no. FC-A550-T, and is 170mm long.

    If you want an exact match, again, your LBS can order one from Shimano (maybe) Otherwise, any 170mm
    arm will work, it will just look slightly odd.

  3. Jeff J.

    Jeff J. Guest

    Yellow Jersey bike shop has both items, so my search is over. Thanks, Andrew!

    "Jeff J." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone have, or know where I can find, an older style Shimano freewheel removal tool...

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I imagine you local bike shop could order one for you from United Bicycle Tool Supply, or directly
    > from Shimano.

    "Jeff"> > Also, I'm looking for a left crank arm to mate up with an RX100 triple
    > > crank. I tried the other newsgroup (R.B.M.), but got no response (maybe
    > > should have asked for carbon fiber). Anyway, the drive-side arm I have
    has
    > > Shimano part no. FC-A550-T, and is 170mm long.

    "Russell"> If you want an exact match, again, your LBS can order one from Shimano
    > (maybe) Otherwise, any 170mm arm will work, it will just look slightly odd.

    Most competent bicycles stores which actually service bicycles will have these sorts of things