Olive oil and pain relief

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Susan, Sep 2, 2005.

  1. Susan

    Susan Guest

    Tags:

  2. montygram

    montygram Guest

    The pain is mostly due to the arachidonic acid metabolites. If you
    remoe omega 3 PUFAs from your diet (in all but trace amounts) you will
    either "cure" the problem or reduce it greatly. Stay away from the
    omega 3s also. Use butter and coconut oil as your primary fat sources
    (and whole dairy). Don't cook food that contains cholesterol while
    exposed to air. That's what the evidence suggests you should do.

  3. montygram wrote:

    > Stay away from the
    > omega 3s also. Use butter and coconut oil as your primary fat sources
    > (and whole dairy).

    Wrong! Stay away from Montygram.

    Montygram never responds to criticisms. And, in spite of all the
    garbage written by Montygram there are in fact a very large number of
    research studies that have documented the health benefits of consuming
    olive oil.

    My web page on olive oil
    http://food.naturalhealthperspective.com/oliveoil.html
    has hyperlinks to all of these studies at the bottom of the page.
    Factsheets 1 through 6 lists the evidence and links to scientific
    research on olive oil. You wont find a more professional presentation
    of the vast amount of scientific evidence standing behind olive oil
    than what is presented on these 6 factsheets. I am now linking to the
    web archives so these links will never change.

    Furthermore, olive oil is very practical as you can buy a health grade
    bottle of olive oil at most ordinary grocery stores.
    --
    john gohde
    http://food.naturalhealthperspective.com/oliveoil.html

  4. jaym1212

    jaym1212 Guest

    Has anyone else noticed that a diet with olive and/or coconut oil (vs
    without almost any oil) causes beard stubbles to be more rigid?

  5. montygram

    montygram Guest

    jaym:

    You are correct. The fatty acids in your body are more saturated, so
    hair stands up. My hair has a much fuller quality since avoiding
    dietary polyunsaturates. Good quality olive oil will have the same
    effect.

    As to Nature Boy's claim:

    It is as false as can be. Cite any evidence and I examine it and
    explain my position in molecular-level detail, with professional
    citations. Good quality olive oil is fine, if it actually is what it
    is supposed to be, and also if you cook with it you will destroy some
    of the antioxiants and cause the fatty acids to degrade. With coconut
    oil or butter, you can taste the rancidity, and so you just throw it
    away, or cut the yellowed sides off the butter sticks.

  6. montygram wrote:
    > jaym:
    >
    > You are correct. The fatty acids in your body are more saturated, so
    > hair stands up. My hair has a much fuller quality since avoiding
    > dietary polyunsaturates.

    And no doubt so does your arterial intima.

    SBH

  7. jaym1212 wrote:

    > Has anyone else noticed that a diet with olive and/or coconut oil (vs
    > without almost any oil) causes beard stubbles to be more rigid?

    Personally, I just shave. You should try it some time.

  8. montygram wrote:

    > It is as false as can be. Cite any evidence and I examine it and
    > explain my position in molecular-level detail,

    Feel free to pick anyone of the 400+ cited olive oil research studies.

    > with professional citations.

    ???

    No such animal. Nor, do you have professional qualifications. Nor, do
    you work at a major university.

    Just my opinion, but I am right as always.

  9. jaym1212

    jaym1212 Guest

    >>> Has anyone else noticed that a diet with olive and/or coconut oil (vs
    >>> without almost any oil) causes beard stubbles to be more rigid?

    >> You are correct. The fatty acids in your body are more saturated, so
    >> hair stands up. My hair has a much fuller quality since avoiding
    >> dietary polyunsaturates.

    > And no doubt so does your arterial intima.

    I think I was mis-understood. I was saying that a diet without any oils
    (ie olive or coconut) results in bread stubbles that are more flexible
    (which may also result in more flexible arteries).

  10. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    OMG...another know-it-all. he knows that he doesn't know but he doesn't know
    he doesn't know himself.

    "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

  11. Pizza Girl. wrote:

    > OMG...another know-it-all. he knows that he doesn't know but he doesn't know
    > he doesn't know himself.

    I think that you need to shave too. And, I am not talking about your
    legs or arm pits.

    Just thought that you might what to know. After all, what are friends
    for?

  12. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    Does your dog ever listen?

  13. Pizza Girl. wrote:

    > Does your dog ever listen?
    > > Just thought that you might what to know. After all, what are friends
    > > for?

    As I was saying above.

    If I had a dog that looked like you, I would save his ass and make him
    walk backwards.

    You have my condolences.

  14. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Pizza Girl. wrote:
    >
    > > Does your dog ever listen?
    > > > Just thought that you might what to know. After all, what are friends
    > > > for?

    > As I was saying above.
    >
    > If I had a dog that looked like you, I would save his ass and make him
    > walk backwards.
    >
    > You have my condolences.

    You ruined the joke with careless typing. ;-)
    Well done......
    --
    Om.

  15. Pizza Girl. wrote:

    > Does your dog ever listen?
    > > Just thought that you might what to know. After all, what are friends
    > > for?

    As I was saying above.

    If I had a dog as ugly as you are, I would shave his ass and make him
    walk backwards.

    Posted by popular demand. If at first you don't succeed, Do it again
    says I.

    What else are friends for, Pizza Face?

  16. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    ROFLMFAO!

    Good one!

    Ya' got to love when a moron comes together.

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Pizza Girl. wrote:
    > >
    > > > Does your dog ever listen?

    friends

    > > As I was saying above.
    > >
    > > If I had a dog that looked like you, I would save his ass and make him
    > > walk backwards.
    > >
    > > You have my condolences.
    > >

    > You ruined the joke with careless typing. ;-)
    > Well done......
    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

    Nicholson

  17. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    Ony your dog knows for sure.

    Shave your energy, yeh?

  18. Pizza Girl. wrote:

    > Ony your dog knows for sure.

    If I had a dog as ugly as you are, I would shave his ass and make him
    walk backwards.

    Just my opinion, butI am right as always.

  19. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Pizza Girl. wrote:
    >
    > > Ony your dog knows for sure.

    > If I had a dog as ugly as you are, I would shave his ass and make him
    > walk backwards.
    >
    > Just my opinion, but I am right as always.

    No no!
    That comes under the heading of "only funny once".

    You have to come up with a new "clever" insult now
    and this time, try to be original!

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  20. Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    > jaym1212 wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone else noticed that a diet with olive and/or coconut oil (vs
    > > without almost any oil) causes beard stubbles to be more rigid?

    > Personally, I just shave. You should try it some time.

    COMMENT:

    But what he doesn't say, is he only shaves his ass.

    SBH