OLN and the Vuelta

bob sullivan

Guest
So during the Tour coverage, we saw and heard plenty about upcoming
rodeo events, barbecue cook-offs, and 'Survivor' reruns (gag)...
Would it have killed OLN to have mentioned the Vuelta coverage in
September? Granted, the coverage is pathetic (one Sunday night for
a three-week GT), but you'd think people watching the Tour *might*
be interested...

If more people watched the Vuelta highlights show, maybe there'd end
up being enough interest to actually televise the race while it was
going on...

~bob

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:58:38 -0400, bob sullivan
<[email protected]> wrote:

>So during the Tour coverage, we saw and heard plenty about upcoming
>rodeo events, barbecue cook-offs, and 'Survivor' reruns (gag)...
>Would it have killed OLN to have mentioned the Vuelta coverage in
>September? Granted, the coverage is pathetic (one Sunday night for
>a three-week GT), but you'd think people watching the Tour *might*
>be interested...
>
>If more people watched the Vuelta highlights show, maybe there'd end
>up being enough interest to actually televise the race while it was
>going on...
>
>~bob

Wow glad I'm no longer in the US, they used to show the Vuelta on OLN,
at least until the end of 2002 ! Now that I'm back in Europe, I get to
watch the Tour of Germany next week !

In article <[email protected]>, bob sullivan
<[email protected]> wrote:

> So during the Tour coverage, we saw and heard plenty about upcoming
> rodeo events, barbecue cook-offs, and 'Survivor' reruns (gag)...
> Would it have killed OLN to have mentioned the Vuelta coverage in
> September? Granted, the coverage is pathetic (one Sunday night for
> a three-week GT), but you'd think people watching the Tour *might*
> be interested...
>
> If more people watched the Vuelta highlights show, maybe there'd end
> up being enough interest to actually televise the race while it was
> going on...
>
> ~bob

At least they announced they would be offering live coverage of the
Tour of California next year.

Casey Kerrigan wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, bob sullivan
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>So during the Tour coverage, we saw and heard plenty about upcoming
>>rodeo events, barbecue cook-offs, and 'Survivor' reruns (gag)...
>>Would it have killed OLN to have mentioned the Vuelta coverage in
>>September? Granted, the coverage is pathetic (one Sunday night for
>>a three-week GT), but you'd think people watching the Tour *might*
>>be interested...
>>
>>If more people watched the Vuelta highlights show, maybe there'd end
>>up being enough interest to actually televise the race while it was
>>going on...
>>
>>~bob

> At least they announced they would be offering live coverage of the
> Tour of California next year.

Did they say *live* coverage, or just coverage? Oh, well, anything's
got to be better than getting up at 2:00AM for ToC coverage on ESPN...
And some nights, ESPN couldn't even be bothered to show the coverage
anytime close to when they had it scheduled.

~bob

"bob sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So during the Tour coverage, we saw and heard plenty about upcoming
> rodeo events, barbecue cook-offs, and 'Survivor' reruns (gag)...
> Would it have killed OLN to have mentioned the Vuelta coverage in
> September? Granted, the coverage is pathetic (one Sunday night for
> a three-week GT), but you'd think people watching the Tour *might*
> be interested...

I think that www.cycling.tv will show the Veulta live.

well, for real excitement, let's not forget the world darts championships,
the world dominoes finals, the poker tour, reality this and reality that ...
i can't believe the stuff they put on TV these days. i've got a dish. i
get 400 channels. except for OLN when the TDF is on and some old movie
classics, there's not a damn thing on those 400 channels worth watching.

dan

--
you're never too old to have a happy childhood
news:[email protected]...

Keith wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:58:38 -0400, bob sullivan
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>So during the Tour coverage, we saw and heard plenty about upcoming
>>rodeo events, barbecue cook-offs, and 'Survivor' reruns (gag)...
>>Would it have killed OLN to have mentioned the Vuelta coverage in
>>September? Granted, the coverage is pathetic (one Sunday night for
>>a three-week GT), but you'd think people watching the Tour *might*
>>be interested...
>>
>>If more people watched the Vuelta highlights show, maybe there'd end
>>up being enough interest to actually televise the race while it was
>>going on...
>>
>>~bob

> Wow glad I'm no longer in the US, they used to show the Vuelta on OLN,
> at least until the end of 2002 ! Now that I'm back in Europe, I get to
> watch the Tour of Germany next week !

hey, do you have a VCR???

dan wrote:
> well, for real excitement, let's not forget the world darts championships,
> the world dominoes finals, the poker tour, reality this and reality that ...
> i can't believe the stuff they put on TV these days. i've got a dish. i
> get 400 channels. except for OLN when the TDF is on and some old movie
> classics, there's not a damn thing on those 400 channels worth watching.

i'm with you... i know more about white trash losers than i ever wanted
to know.

Frank Drackman <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think that www.cycling.tv will show the Veulta live.

I don't see anything their site that would suggest that-- but the Tour
of Germany will be broadcasted live beginning August 1

In article <[email protected]>,
Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:

> dan wrote:
> > well, for real excitement, let's not forget the world darts championships,
> > the world dominoes finals, the poker tour, reality this and reality that ...
> > i can't believe the stuff they put on TV these days. i've got a dish. i
> > get 400 channels. except for OLN when the TDF is on and some old movie
> > classics, there's not a damn thing on those 400 channels worth watching.
> >

> i'm with you... i know more about white trash losers than i ever wanted
> to know.

I'm going to guess that was unintentional, right (aka "they didn't start out that
way!")?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1hj17se.1ov2wc41tg9xvgN%[email protected]...
> Frank Drackman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I think that www.cycling.tv will show the Veulta live.

> I don't see anything their site that would suggest that-- but the Tour
> of Germany will be broadcasted live beginning August 1

I thought that I heard it on one of their broadcasts. I will email them.
Every time I have contacted them in the past I have received great customer
service. I really hope that they make it.