OLN Awful Picture Breakup

vl1016

Apr 6, 2004
Is anyone else experiencing problems with OLN? I don't mean just the usual problems of their coverage, etc, but I mean very bad reception, even on pretaped segments. Again, I'm not talking about loosing the picture through the forests or climbs, etc, but just overall horrible picture quality even during the commercials. It has been very, very frustrating, and I'm trying to tape all this, and it is a horrible pain. Anyone else? It seems the primetime coverage maybe a little better, butt hen you have Bob Roll and Trautwig coverage and all the extra bs. Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestions?

....a new TV ?

vl1016 said:
Is anyone else experiencing problems with OLN? I don't mean just the usual problems of their coverage, etc, but I mean very bad reception, even on pretaped segments. Again, I'm not talking about loosing the picture through the forests or climbs, etc, but just overall horrible picture quality even during the commercials. It has been very, very frustrating, and I'm trying to tape all this, and it is a horrible pain. Anyone else? It seems the primetime coverage maybe a little better, butt hen you have Bob Roll and Trautwig coverage and all the extra bs. Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestions?

vl1016 said:
funny, it happens on both of my tv's that work for every other channel.Maybe it is our cable company.

I haven't noticed anything and I only watch the morning live coverage (agreed that Al and Bob are tiresome).

The sheer number of commercial breaks, though, is terrible. It's like every five minutes until the last 10 kms.

The reception in the mountains is not that good. The signal goes from the motorcycles to who knows what etc etc to your tv.

The remote signals go from motorbike to the helicoptor, to the OLN sattlite truck, to a geo-stationary sattlite to your cable company (or your house). Most of the breakup comes when the helicoptor can't get high enough to get a good line of site signal to the OLN truck....

L