OLN Coverage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Michael, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Can someone explain the coverage to me?

    It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
    "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
    the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
    forms of coverage?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can someone explain the coverage to me?
    >
    > It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
    > "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
    > the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
    > forms of coverage?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Why not? Seems to be working ok, would you like more of Kirsten instead?

    You forgot Sam Posey too for his brief little pieces. Al was one of older
    crowd when Lemond was winning, so was Posey. At least they didn't bring Beth
    back. Watching her chase Lemond was hilarious.

  3. Posey was horrible! As was Beth also! The other people doing the
    race in those days were great.

    On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 21:25:53 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Can someone explain the coverage to me?
    >>
    >> It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
    >> "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
    >> the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
    >> forms of coverage?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike

    >Why not? Seems to be working ok, would you like more of Kirsten instead?
    >
    >You forgot Sam Posey too for his brief little pieces. Al was one of older
    >crowd when Lemond was winning, so was Posey. At least they didn't bring Beth
    >back. Watching her chase Lemond was hilarious.

  4. On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 22:05:46 -0500, "Michael" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Can someone explain the coverage to me?
    >
    >It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
    >"Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
    >the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
    >forms of coverage?

    The Liggett and Sherwen commentary is franchised to a number of
    English speaking channels - eg we get it on ITV2 with roadside
    coverage from Gary Imlach +co - we don't get Roll, Gumm etc.

    Regards!
    Stephen

  5. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 22:05:46 -0500, "Michael" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Can someone explain the coverage to me?
    > >
    > >It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
    > >"Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
    > >the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
    > >forms of coverage?
    > >

    > The Liggett and Sherwen commentary is franchised to a number of
    > English speaking channels - eg we get it on ITV2 with roadside
    > coverage from Gary Imlach +co - we don't get Roll, Gumm etc.
    >

    > Regards!
    > Stephen

    Thanks, Stephen.

    M.

  6. RJG

    RJG Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Can someone explain the coverage to me?
    > >
    > > It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
    > > "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
    > > the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
    > > forms of coverage?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mike

    > Why not? Seems to be working ok, would you like more of Kirsten instead?
    >
    > You forgot Sam Posey too for his brief little pieces. Al was one of older
    > crowd when Lemond was winning, so was Posey. At least they didn't bring

    Beth
    > back. Watching her chase Lemond was hilarious.

    It could be worse--John Tesh was also on the commentary team in the
    mid-80's.

    Someone neglected to tell OLN that the only reason these guys had experience
    doing the TdF for the networks is not because they were talented, it was
    because back then cycling was at the bottom of the sports food chain--it's
    where they stuck the people who couldn't do anything else.

  7. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can someone explain the coverage to me?
    >
    > It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
    > "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
    > the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
    > forms of coverage?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    I think it varies by market (geographic area). I have watched at least 3
    different times this year and have only heard Phil and Paul with Kirsten
    spliced in to a longer version (The Road Side Tour?) of the presentation.