OLN Coverage

Michael

Guest
Can someone explain the coverage to me?

It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
"Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
forms of coverage?

Thanks,

Mike

"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can someone explain the coverage to me?
>
> It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
> "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
> the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
> forms of coverage?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Why not? Seems to be working ok, would you like more of Kirsten instead?

You forgot Sam Posey too for his brief little pieces. Al was one of older
crowd when Lemond was winning, so was Posey. At least they didn't bring Beth
back. Watching her chase Lemond was hilarious.

Posey was horrible! As was Beth also! The other people doing the
race in those days were great.

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 21:25:53 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Can someone explain the coverage to me?
>>
>> It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
>> "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
>> the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
>> forms of coverage?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mike

>Why not? Seems to be working ok, would you like more of Kirsten instead?
>
>You forgot Sam Posey too for his brief little pieces. Al was one of older
>crowd when Lemond was winning, so was Posey. At least they didn't bring Beth
>back. Watching her chase Lemond was hilarious.

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 22:05:46 -0500, "Michael" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Can someone explain the coverage to me?
>
>It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
>"Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
>the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
>forms of coverage?

The Liggett and Sherwen commentary is franchised to a number of
English speaking channels - eg we get it on ITV2 with roadside
coverage from Gary Imlach +co - we don't get Roll, Gumm etc.

Regards!
Stephen

"Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 22:05:46 -0500, "Michael" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Can someone explain the coverage to me?
> >
> >It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
> >"Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
> >the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
> >forms of coverage?
> >

> The Liggett and Sherwen commentary is franchised to a number of
> English speaking channels - eg we get it on ITV2 with roadside
> coverage from Gary Imlach +co - we don't get Roll, Gumm etc.
>

> Regards!
> Stephen

Thanks, Stephen.

M.

"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Can someone explain the coverage to me?
> >
> > It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
> > "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
> > the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
> > forms of coverage?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mike

> Why not? Seems to be working ok, would you like more of Kirsten instead?
>
> You forgot Sam Posey too for his brief little pieces. Al was one of older
> crowd when Lemond was winning, so was Posey. At least they didn't bring

Beth
> back. Watching her chase Lemond was hilarious.

It could be worse--John Tesh was also on the commentary team in the
mid-80's.

Someone neglected to tell OLN that the only reason these guys had experience
doing the TdF for the networks is not because they were talented, it was
because back then cycling was at the bottom of the sports food chain--it's
where they stuck the people who couldn't do anything else.

"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can someone explain the coverage to me?
>
> It sounds like Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are doing the
> "Roadside Tour," and Bob Roll and Al Trautwig are going
> the regular coverage. Is this the game plan? Why two
> forms of coverage?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

I think it varies by market (geographic area). I have watched at least 3
different times this year and have only heard Phil and Paul with Kirsten
spliced in to a longer version (The Road Side Tour?) of the presentation.