OLN gave it away!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kyle.B.H, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Kyle.B.H

    Kyle.B.H Guest

    What was up with the 'commercial' shwoing Lance in yellow, sayin "US Postal
    cruising through the raindrops to put Lance in Yellow" or something like
    that - about half way through tonights expanded coverage?!? Are these
    people morons?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]_s03>, Kyle.B.H <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > What was up with the 'commercial' shwoing Lance in yellow, sayin "US Postal
    > cruising through the raindrops to put Lance in Yellow" or something like
    > that - about half way through tonights expanded coverage?!? Are these
    > people morons?

    Amen. I was home today so watched the morning broadcast but my wife
    threatened to kill me if I gave it away before she watched the replay
    tonight. I should have Tivo'd the morning broadcast: I thought she
    was going to kick the TV tube in!

    --
    James P. Spencer
    Rochester, MN

    "Badges?? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

  3. Bob Anderson

    Bob Anderson Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 22:18:47 -0500, James Spencer <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Amen. I was home today so watched the morning broadcast but my wife
    >threatened to kill me if I gave it away before she watched the replay
    >tonight. I should have Tivo'd the morning broadcast: I thought she
    >was going to kick the TV tube in!

    Morning shows are better than prime time.

    ---
    "BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
    Eugene Oregon

  4. gk

    gk Guest

    although I knew since I visited this newsgroup accidently, I agree. Lame
    for them to be re-running the race, and then talk about the outcome
    during commercials. Just stupid

    Kyle.B.H wrote:
    > What was up with the 'commercial' shwoing Lance in yellow, sayin "US Postal
    > cruising through the raindrops to put Lance in Yellow" or something like
    > that - about half way through tonights expanded coverage?!? Are these
    > people morons?

  5. Hank Barta

    Hank Barta Guest

    Kyle.B.H <[email protected]> wrote:
    > What was up with the 'commercial' shwoing Lance in yellow, sayin "US Postal
    > cruising through the raindrops to put Lance in Yellow" or something like
    > that - about half way through tonights expanded coverage?!? Are these
    > people morons?

    I watched the later coverage because I couldn't watch anything
    earlier. 12 minutes into the coverage I saw that commercial. But
    I had already seen it during 'Lance Chronicles' that preceded the
    prerace.

    I went to their web site and let them know how stupid I thought their
    decision was and that it meant that some people wouldn't watch the
    rest of the later broadcast. Make that S*T*U*P*I*D.

    I also went to the AOL web site <shudder> and signed up to advertise
    at their site so that I could tell them about OLN's advertising and
    the potential impact on viewership.

    --
    Hank Barta
    beautiful sunny Winfield, Illinois