OLN grief

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Allan Leedy, May 18, 2003.

  1. Allan Leedy

    Allan Leedy Guest

    My ReplayTV is consistently terminating the programmed recording of the Giro d'Italia (a scheduled
    90-minute broadcast) about 10 km from the finish line, a very frustrating experience. Since this is
    not really a live sports broadcast (much of the race stage is omitted) I'm baffled. Is OLN extending
    these broadcasts beyond the scheduled time, or is ReplayTV using bad data for its program guide?

    Tags:

  2. Imba Jim

    Imba Jim Guest

    both. Set your replay to catch the next program as well. I think it's RV journal or something like
    that. GIRO is regularly running over time and OLN is sticking with it. Jim Hasenauer

  3. Doug Goodwin

    Doug Goodwin Guest

    "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > My ReplayTV is consistently terminating the programmed recording of the Giro d'Italia (a scheduled
    > 90-minute broadcast) about 10 km from the finish line, a very frustrating experience. Since this
    > is not really a live sports broadcast (much of the race stage is omitted) I'm baffled. Is OLN
    > extending these broadcasts beyond the scheduled time, or is ReplayTV using bad data for its
    > program guide?

    My money would be on Replay TV. Watched both yesterdays, and todays "token" coverage and they
    started bang-on at noon [PDT] and ended at 1330. FWIW, I remember when they actually gave more than
    lip-service to the Giro on weekends. Damn shame what they're doing now.

    --
    Doug
    YMMV

    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - Pogo __o _`\<,_ (*)/ (*)

  4. That's the advantage of doing everything the old-fashioned way-----manually, setting everything
    yourself. For a few moments of effort, you avoid such problems.

    Steve McDonald

  5. Allan Leedy

    Allan Leedy Guest

    Gee, I needed that.