oln keyword of the day

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by matt, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. matt

    matt Guest

    Did anyone pick up the keyword of the day? I saw the last 1 1/2 hours
    of the replayed race but I didn't hear them mention the keyword once.
     
    Tags:


  2. TM

    TM Guest

    "matt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:46e944.0407051[email protected]
    > Did anyone pick up the keyword of the day? I saw the last 1 1/2 hours
    > of the replayed race but I didn't hear them mention the keyword once.


    day 1 cyclism
    day 2 lance
    day 3 attack
     
  3. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "TM" wrote ...
    >
    > day 1 cyclism
    > day 2 lance
    > day 3 attack


    I nominate TM to keep us posted on the KOD, Tyler crash updates and whoever
    that announcer is who keeps saying things about whatever it was someone was
    keeping track of (oh yeah -- baseball).
     
  4. Jim Flom wrote:

    > "TM" wrote ...
    >
    >>day 1 cyclism
    >>day 2 lance
    >>day 3 attack

    >
    >
    > I nominate TM to keep us posted on the KOD, Tyler crash updates and whoever
    > that announcer is who keeps saying things about whatever it was someone was
    > keeping track of (oh yeah -- baseball).
    >
    >


    Mentioning baseball... they had some big ceremony for Bonds being the
    most walked batter in the history of the game. How fitting -- an award
    for a guy doing nothing more than anyone else in one of the dullest
    sports in the world.
     
  5. Richard Adams wrote:


    > Mentioning baseball... they had some big ceremony for Bonds being the
    > most walked batter in the history of the game. How fitting -- an award
    > for a guy doing nothing more than anyone else in one of the dullest
    > sports in the world.


    When Ricky Henderson got the record for stealing bases, the commentary
    went "...only in Oakland would a guy get a standing ovation for stealing
    something..."
     
  6. Stewart Fleming wrote:

    >
    >
    > Richard Adams wrote:
    >
    >
    >> Mentioning baseball... they had some big ceremony for Bonds being the
    >> most walked batter in the history of the game. How fitting -- an
    >> award for a guy doing nothing more than anyone else in one of the
    >> dullest sports in the world.

    >
    >
    > When Ricky Henderson got the record for stealing bases, the commentary
    > went "...only in Oakland would a guy get a standing ovation for stealing
    > something..."
    >


    I believe the less politically correct comment was:

    "...only in Oakland would a black man get a standing ovation for
    stealing something..."

    I always wondered if that was an actual on-air comment by some guy who'd
    vanish faster than Jimmy the Greek or just urban legend. I wasn't
    following BB much at the time.
     
  7. TM

    TM Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > I nominate TM to keep us posted on the KOD, Tyler crash updates and

    whoever
    > that announcer is who keeps saying things about whatever it was someone

    was
    > keeping track of (oh yeah -- baseball).
    >


    I think you're just mad because I decreased your chances of winning.

    Look at it this way, the more people that enter, the more people OLN figures
    are watching, the more cycling they'll put on TV, the more cycling we'll all
    get to watch. You see Jim, I did it for you.
     
  8. zboy

    zboy Guest

    day 1 cyclism
    day 2 lance
    day 3 attack
    day 4 ullrich
     
  9. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "TM" wrote...
    >
    > Look at it this way, the more people that enter, the more people OLN

    figures
    > are watching, the more cycling they'll put on TV, the more cycling we'll

    all
    > get to watch. You see Jim, I did it for you.


    What a guy.
     
  10. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "TM" wrote...
    >
    > You see Jim, I did it for you.


    In fact, if you'd be kind enough to keep us posted on how my Cofidis buddy
    Peter Farazijn is doing, I'd appreciate it, TM. You remember, Farazijn is
    the 35 year old who hasn't raced in a TdF for several years and initially
    ignored his cell phone only to get called away from his brewski two hours
    before the prologue to replace Matt White. TM Tip: Farazijn has jumped from
    172nd to 85th position in the GC and is only 1' 15" back.
     
  11. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    >
    > Richard Adams wrote:
    >
    >
    > > Mentioning baseball... they had some big ceremony for Bonds being the
    > > most walked batter in the history of the game. How fitting -- an award
    > > for a guy doing nothing more than anyone else in one of the dullest
    > > sports in the world.

    >
    > When Ricky Henderson got the record for stealing bases, the commentary
    > went "...only in Oakland would a guy get a standing ovation for stealing
    > something..."


    That is not right. Ruch Limbaugh gets fired for saying shit like that.
     
  12. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "TM" wrote...
    > >
    > > You see Jim, I did it for you.

    >
    > In fact, if you'd be kind enough to keep us posted on how my Cofidis buddy
    > Peter Farazijn is doing, I'd appreciate it, TM. You remember, Farazijn is
    > the 35 year old who hasn't raced in a TdF for several years and initially
    > ignored his cell phone only to get called away from his brewski two hours
    > before the prologue to replace Matt White. TM Tip: Farazijn has jumped

    from
    > 172nd to 85th position in the GC and is only 1' 15" back.
    >


    What is that old (from the 70s) book where an older never-been-on-top team
    captain gets the call on the final day to replace a rider and ends up
    winning the race? "The Yellow Jersey" by "?"?
     
  13. On 07/06/2004 11:00 AM, in article
    [email protected], "Chris"
    <[email protected]> wrote:


    > What is that old (from the 70s) book where an older never-been-on-top team
    > captain gets the call on the final day to replace a rider and ends up
    > winning the race? "The Yellow Jersey" by "?"?




    Ralph Hurne



    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com
    veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
    bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
    ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee why you ti ay aitch
    aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
    double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash
     
  14. TM

    TM Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    I got your post about Farazijn, got busy and now this server doesn't have
    it. Go figure.

    I'm with you in Farazijn's corner. I have to point out, however, that I
    would be surprised if a Belgian missed the split on the cobbles ( I know,
    but Verbrugghe is the exception that proves the rule). I am afraid that the
    rest of the course may not suit him as well, but getting to Paris will be a
    victory in and of itself for him.
     
  15. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "TM" wrote...
    >
    > I'm with you in Farazijn's corner. I have to point out, however, that I
    > would be surprised if a Belgian missed the split on the cobbles ( I know,
    > but Verbrugghe is the exception that proves the rule). I am afraid that

    the
    > rest of the course may not suit him as well, but getting to Paris will be

    a
    > victory in and of itself for him.


    That's my thought. I'd just like to see him finish.
     
  16. cornbasket

    cornbasket Guest

    [email protected] (zboy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > day 1 cyclism
    > day 2 lance
    > day 3 attack
    > day 4 ullrich


    Could someone help with the keyword for day 5? Thanks.
     
  17. cornbasket wrote:
    > [email protected] (zboy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>day 1 cyclism
    >>day 2 lance
    >>day 3 attack
    >>day 4 ullrich

    >
    >
    > Could someone help with the keyword for day 5? Thanks.


    "now"
     
Loading...