OLN - showing Cyclocross World Champs?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Geoffrey Stone, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Anyone know if OLN is covering the cross worlds in Feb? It is usually an awesome race loaded with
    action. I have searched the OLN site and I can't find any reference to any cycling yet.

    thanks

    Tags:

  2. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Geoffrey Stone" <[email protected]
    > Anyone know if OLN is covering the cross worlds in Feb? It is usually an awesome race loaded with
    > action. I have searched the OLN site and I can't find any reference to any cycling yet.

    I've never seen or recalled seeing cyclocross on OLN. :-(

  3. in article U%[email protected], Sparks at

    > In article <[email protected]>, "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I've never seen or recalled seeing cyclocross on OLN. :-(
    >
    > I've definately seen cross on OLN...can't exactly remember the race but it was somewhere in the
    > states and within the last year.

    It was the 2001 SuperCup final, won by Jonathan Page (in Baltimore, run concurrently with the 2001
    National Championships).

    JP (Team Richard Sachs/CYBC) is also the 2002 Cyclocross National Champion.

    For more info, see http://www.richardsachs.com/

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  4. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Sparks <[email protected]> wrote in message news

    > I've definately seen cross on OLN...can't exactly remember the race but it was somewhere in the
    > states and within the last year.

    They did a half hour show last winter on the Super Cup Finals race the day after Nationals in
    Baltimore. That is the only one I am aware of, and I am not aware of any plans to televise 2002 Nats
    from Napa.

    I believe local TV was doing something, so perhaps those were the cameras people saw.

  5. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    In article <BA42D329.1E96D%[email protected]>,
    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It was the 2001 SuperCup final, won by Jonathan Page (in Baltimore, run concurrently with the 2001
    > National Championships).
    >
    > JP (Team Richard Sachs/CYBC) is also the 2002 Cyclocross National Champion.

    that's it...I've got my TiVo set to automatically record anything cycling related. The good is the
    surprise cross race, the bad is the endless showing of "quicksilver"

    ________________________________

    Remove S.P.A.M in email adddress Climb <at> mac <dot> com
    ________________________________

  6. Pcc

    Pcc Guest

    other C1/C2 and WC races have Dutch/Flemish. This years Worlds should be available about Feb 20.

    > Haven't ever seen the Worlds on OLN, and have noticed that WCP has not had a tape of the worlds
    > out in the past year. On the other hand, Dave Carr, the webguy at the NCNCA Cross site, posted
    > this url on the site, which seems to have DVD's of races (and I think they're in Dutch):
    >
    > http://www.procyclocross.com/

  7. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<BA42D329.1E96D%[email protected]>...
    > in article U%[email protected], Sparks at
    > [email protected] wrote on 01/08/2003 04:01 PM:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I've never seen or recalled seeing cyclocross on OLN. :-(
    > >
    > > I've definately seen cross on OLN...can't exactly remember the race but it was somewhere in the
    > > states and within the last year.
    >

    > It was the 2001 SuperCup final, won by Jonathan Page (in Baltimore, run concurrently with the 2001
    > National Championships).
    >
    > JP (Team Richard Sachs/CYBC) is also the 2002 Cyclocross National Champion.
    >
    > For more info, see http://www.richardsachs.com/

    OR - you COULD go to www.thejonathanpage.com for frequent updates, race results, pics, etc. right
    from the horses ass.