OLN streaming Giro

hombredesubaru said:
Yeah, but $5.95 for what, the day or the week or what?
could be sweet watching some mountain stages at work!!
From what I understand its $5.95 for the whole thing. It sounds like its just the raw feed, no commentary, but after watching the Vuelta last year over the internet on Spanish television and not knowing what they were saying, I think I would prefer it that way. In any case you can watch the feed and read the running commentary on VeloNews. Works for me.

Eden said:
From what I understand its $5.95 for the whole thing. It sounds like its just the raw feed, no commentary, but after watching the Vuelta last year over the internet on Spanish television and not knowing what they were saying, I think I would prefer it that way. In any case you can watch the feed and read the running commentary on VeloNews. Works for me.

5.95 sounds like a deal to me-hope thats right!

and Italian TV probably has the names on the screen and time gaps like cyclingTV and Eurosport did for the Classics, that should be fine.

give me a chance to work on my Italian besides

I have to say living in Europe is way better. Always cycling on tv and free;)

hombredesubaru said:
5.95 sounds like a deal to me-hope thats right!

and Italian TV probably has the names on the screen and time gaps like cyclingTV and Eurosport did for the Classics, that should be fine.

give me a chance to work on my Italian besides

Dead Star said:
Alternatively, you could pay no money at all and watch it here: mms://fastreal.fastweb.it/raisporthigh with the tv listings for it here: http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/tv.htm

Giro preview programme on there starting in an hour (1650GMT)
For the $6 it's going to cost me to go through OLN I think I want to do it, if for no other reason to let OLN know that there is a big enough interest in bicycle racing in the US to make it worth their while to air it. Maybe if they get a really big turnout for this web thing they will rethink or at least be able to make their advertisers rethink the value of airing cycling - as opposed to such incredibly popular and money making stuff as the US National Bird Dog Trials, or showjumping (both which have been on after cycling)

If anyone from OLN is listening - I'm not a typical sports watcher, for the most part I don't really care, I prefer to be out doing rather than watching and wouldn't even think about paying for football, or baseball or any of the other sports junk out there, but I would totally pay extra for more cycling!! If you can have an on demand channel called "hooks and bullets" you should be able to manage a cycling channel!

Eden said:
For the $6 it's going to cost me to go through OLN I think I want to do it, if for no other reason to let OLN know that there is a big enough interest in bicycle racing in the US to make it worth their while to air it. Maybe if they get a really big turnout for this web thing they will rethink or at least be able to make their advertisers rethink the value of airing cycling - as opposed to such incredibly popular and money making stuff as the US National Bird Dog Trials, or showjumping (both which have been on after cycling)

If anyone from OLN is listening - I'm not a typical sports watcher, for the most part I don't really care, I prefer to be out doing rather than watching and wouldn't even think about paying for football, or baseball or any of the other sports junk out there, but I would totally pay extra for more cycling!! If you can have an on demand channel called "hooks and bullets" you should be able to manage a cycling channel!
I totally agree. I would much rather pay 50 bucks a month for a fast internet connection (do anyway) and 20 bucks a month to OLN (or cycling TV or whatever) to have actual cycling coverage instead of paying 100 bucks a month for cable only to have to watch bull riding and fishing with two hours of weekly seasonal cycling coverage. Even with Cycling TV it is annoying that I couldn't (and still can't) watch the coverage of Ghent Welgem because Competitive Cyclist sponsored it and I don't live in NA... they won't even let me pay them to watch it. I so wish they would just switch to a subscriber or PPV format and then offer material that keeps me paying.