OLN Streaming Video is pretty cool.

Colin Campbell

Guest
I watched "live" the first day, but waited for the archived copy the
last two days (gotta ride, you know). With the archived copy, I can
start and stop, resume later where I left off, rewind and look again at
anything I want, etc.

I know exactly how the helicopter and motorcycle sound, and my Italian
is improving by leaps and bounds. Also, I believe I solved the
"mystery" that Phil, Paul, and Bobby were talking about on Sunday.
Those graphics showing a rider's name, two numbers, and a percentage had
Roll stumped. To me, they look like the rider's max heart rate, curent
heart rate, and percent of max.

I won't say it's better than having our heroes commentating, but the
lack of commercials is very nice.

I finally had to go to Velonews.com to figure out where Baden Cooke
finished. I was sure that he wouldn't lose any time, since he crashed
in the last kilometer, but his name never showed on the finishing
order. Velonews showed him dead last, number 191, but his time lost was
0:00. I guess that's fair. I thought he was supposed to ride, or at
least bring his bike to the finish, though.

Has anyone figured out when the RAI Sport showing of the Giro actually
"airs"?

Colin Campbell wrote:
> I watched "live" the first day, but waited for the archived copy the
> last two days (gotta ride, you know). With the archived copy, I can
> start and stop, resume later where I left off, rewind and look again at
> anything I want, etc.
>
> I know exactly how the helicopter and motorcycle sound, and my Italian
> is improving by leaps and bounds. Also, I believe I solved the
> "mystery" that Phil, Paul, and Bobby were talking about on Sunday.
> Those graphics showing a rider's name, two numbers, and a percentage had
> Roll stumped. To me, they look like the rider's max heart rate, curent
> heart rate, and percent of max.
>
> I won't say it's better than having our heroes commentating, but the
> lack of commercials is very nice.
>
> I finally had to go to Velonews.com to figure out where Baden Cooke
> finished. I was sure that he wouldn't lose any time, since he crashed
> in the last kilometer, but his name never showed on the finishing
> order. Velonews showed him dead last, number 191, but his time lost was
> 0:00. I guess that's fair. I thought he was supposed to ride, or at
> least bring his bike to the finish, though.
>
> Has anyone figured out when the RAI Sport showing of the Giro actually
> "airs"?

On Dish Network it has been 8:30 AM CDT until 11:00 AM according to the
viewing guide for RAI.

--
<o><><><><><><><><><><><o><><><><><><><o><><><><><><><><><><><><><o>
http://www.texbiker.net -- Texas Bicycling Information Central.

On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:35:48 -0700, Colin Campbell wrote:
> Those graphics showing a rider's name, two numbers, and a percentage had
> Roll stumped. To me, they look like the rider's max heart rate, curent
> heart rate, and percent of max.

Yes.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Colin Campbell wrote:
> I watched "live" the first day, but waited for the archived copy the
> last two days (gotta ride, you know). With the archived copy, I can
> start and stop, resume later where I left off, rewind and look again

at
> anything I want, etc.

can you download and burn?

[email protected] wrote:

>Colin Campbell wrote:
>

>>I watched "live" the first day, but waited for the archived copy the
>>last two days (gotta ride, you know). With the archived copy, I can
>>start and stop, resume later where I left off, rewind and look again
>>

>at
>

>>anything I want, etc.
>>

>can you download and burn?

I believe so, using Windows Media Player 9. There is such a choice, but
I haven't tried it. The stages are supposed to be available for two
months total, so plenty of time to give it a try.

I see messages that say I'm receiving 373kb / second. How much could
you get on a CD at that rate?

I do not see an option for saving to a hard drive, though.