๐ Headline- Bobby Julich first American to win Paris-Nice (from BBC News) Where was OLN?
It's way past time for all OLN subscribers to complain to OLN and their local cable outlets about the lack of cycling coverage. Highlights during the middle of the day are not the same as watching daily coverage of the major events. This includes the ones that Lance does not participate in or fails to complete.
I know from reading the comments of this august body that many of you have complained. I am urging ALL of us on a regular basis to write to not only OLN via their website but also to our cable outlets. I for one am ready to boycott OLN and hope those of you who feel the same as I do the same.
There was OLN coverage of the last stage of Paris-Nice, including an interview with winner B Jullich. It was part of the regular Sunday program, around 5:00 or 5:30. The first stage of P-N had been covered the Sunday before (albeit not too well); the penultimate stage had been covered Saturday of this weekend, as a special edition of the Sunday program. ๐
This year's coverage is already a lot more than last year's. ๐
Also, you can watch certain other races on cycling.tv -- including KBK.
This year's coverage is already a lot more than last year's. ๐
I don't believe this is accurate. Coverage at least in my time zone last year was much better.
Also, you can watch certain other races on cycling.tv -- including KBK.[/QUOTE]
This is not intended to start a series of flame mail. If you want coverage of professional cycling to be supplanted by cow chip throwing, continue to support OLN. If you want OLN to better support our sport, threaten to boycott.
I agree that we should encourage OLN to add coverage. Writing to them often id definitely a good thing. I'm not going to boycott, however. It's what we have so might as well support what we get and then ask for more.