OLN / VS dumps scheduled Vuelta broadcast

nobody

Guest
Was: VERSUS Oct 01 05:00pm
Series/Sports, 120 Mins.
"Vuelta a Espana"
Original Airdate: September 17, 2006.

Is: Soul of a Champion series. ;-(

Can't depend on any cycling listed on OLN / VS. How they figure this helps
the network? They're always dumping Triathlons, and other shows, often
substituting junk sports

I've pretty much stopped watching OLN and will probably drop it from my
cable. If you're listening "Versus", this is why. ;-p

(plus, WAY too many on screen intrude-o-mercials)

nobody wrote:
> Was: VERSUS Oct 01 05:00pm
> Series/Sports, 120 Mins.
> "Vuelta a Espana"
> Original Airdate: September 17, 2006.
>
> Is: Soul of a Champion series. ;-(
>
> Can't depend on any cycling listed on OLN / VS. How they figure this helps
> the network? They're always dumping Triathlons, and other shows, often
> substituting junk sports
>
> I've pretty much stopped watching OLN and will probably drop it from my
> cable. If you're listening "Versus", this is why. ;-p
>
> (plus, WAY too many on screen intrude-o-mercials)

Check out the numbers of hunters, fisherman, and people who watch
rodeo. The numbers blow cycling away. Pure economics and demographics
in their scheduling.
Bill C

Bill C wrote:
> Check out the numbers of hunters, fisherman, and people who watch
> rodeo. The numbers blow cycling away. Pure economics and demographics
> in their scheduling.

That's fine, and they should schedule that all they want as their
business interests dictate. But scheduling Cycling coverage, then
showing something totally different seems stupid.

They ******** us cycling fans (the few of us?), and the hunters,
fisherman and rodeo fans aren't watching in that time slot (unless
they're cycling fans) anyway since it's scheduled for something they're
not interested in.

I guess they may make happy some channel surfers who aren't interested
in cycling.

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

Bill C wrote:
> nobody wrote:
>
>>Was: VERSUS Oct 01 05:00pm
>> Series/Sports, 120 Mins.
>> "Vuelta a Espana"
>> Original Airdate: September 17, 2006.
>>
>>Is: Soul of a Champion series. ;-(
>>
>>Can't depend on any cycling listed on OLN / VS. How they figure this helps
>>the network? They're always dumping Triathlons, and other shows, often
>>substituting junk sports
>>
>>I've pretty much stopped watching OLN and will probably drop it from my
>>cable. If you're listening "Versus", this is why. ;-p
>>
>>(plus, WAY too many on screen intrude-o-mercials)

> Check out the numbers of hunters, fisherman, and people who watch
> rodeo. The numbers blow cycling away. Pure economics and demographics
> in their scheduling.
> Bill C

Who on earth *are* these people who want to watch hunting or fishing
on TV, anyway? Are they the same people who watch The Golf Channel?

~bob

bob sullivan wrote:

> Who on earth *are* these people who want to watch hunting or fishing
> on TV, anyway? Are they the same people who watch The Golf Channel?
>
> ~bob

It would be my guess (and I have no research to support) that cyclists
and golfers are more similar demographically than hunters and golfers,
given the $$ involved in each.

-B

billyroll wrote:
> bob sullivan wrote:
>

> > Who on earth *are* these people who want to watch hunting or fishing
> > on TV, anyway? Are they the same people who watch The Golf Channel?
> >
> > ~bob

> It would be my guess (and I have no research to support) that cyclists
> and golfers are more similar demographically than hunters and golfers,
> given the $$ involved in each.

Well that would depend on the type of hunter. If he's the type that
doesn't flinch from scooping up roadkill so he doesn't go home to an
empty soup pot, yeah, you're right. But it if it's a **** Cheney crony
willing to risk being shot in the face, he's probably jetting around to
go farm hunting and buying exquisite Italian shotguns.

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 22:26:49 -0400, bob sullivan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill C wrote:
>> nobody wrote:
>>
>>>Was: VERSUS Oct 01 05:00pm
>>> Series/Sports, 120 Mins.
>>> "Vuelta a Espana"
>>> Original Airdate: September 17, 2006.
>>>
>>>Is: Soul of a Champion series. ;-(
>>>
>>>Can't depend on any cycling listed on OLN / VS. How they figure this helps
>>>the network? They're always dumping Triathlons, and other shows, often
>>>substituting junk sports
>>>
>>>I've pretty much stopped watching OLN and will probably drop it from my
>>>cable. If you're listening "Versus", this is why. ;-p
>>>
>>>(plus, WAY too many on screen intrude-o-mercials)

>> Check out the numbers of hunters, fisherman, and people who watch
>> rodeo. The numbers blow cycling away. Pure economics and demographics
>> in their scheduling.
>> Bill C

>Who on earth *are* these people who want to watch hunting or fishing
>on TV, anyway? Are they the same people who watch The Golf Channel?

It isn't so much that there's bunches of people wanting to watch a fishing show
as that there are millions of advertising dollars looking to be placed on a
fishing show.

Ron

Victor Kan wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
> That's fine, and they should schedule that all they want as their
> business interests dictate. But scheduling Cycling coverage, then
> showing something totally different seems stupid.

Agreed, but television execs aren't exactly noted for brilliance.

> They ******** us cycling fans (the few of us?), and the hunters,
> fisherman and rodeo fans aren't watching in that time slot (unless
> they're cycling fans) anyway since it's scheduled for something they're
> not interested in.
>
> I guess they may make happy some channel surfers who aren't interested
> in cycling.
>
> --

All good points. They seem to be having a really hard time figuring
out just what the hell they are doing and who their consumers actually
are.
Not sure that they don't just end up folding or being taken over by
Country Music Television.
Bill C

RonSonic wrote:

> It isn't so much that there's bunches of people wanting to watch a fishing show
> as that there are millions of advertising dollars looking to be placed on a
> fishing show.
>
> Ron

Yeah, but only if lots of folks will be watching. They aren't much
interested in advertising to nobody.

gds wrote:
> Yeah, but only if lots of folks will be watching. They aren't much
> interested in advertising to nobody.

So what about Nobody, NoBody and NOBODY ?

On Oct 1, 5:09 pm, nobody<[email protected]> wrote:
> Was: VERSUS Oct 01 05:00pm
> Series/Sports, 120 Mins.
> "Vuelta a Espana"
> Original Airdate: September 17, 2006.
>
> Is: Soul of a Champion series. ;-(
>
> Can't depend on any cycling listed on OLN / VS. How they figure this helps
> the network? They're always dumping Triathlons, and other shows, often
> substituting junk sports
>
> I've pretty much stopped watching OLN and will probably drop it from my
> cable. If you're listening "Versus", this is why. ;-p
>
> (plus, WAY too many on screen intrude-o-mercials)

Nobody:
The Vuelta WAS on OLN . . . but it was a couple of weeks ago. (I
believe it was on the last Sunday of the race.)