OLN + Vuelta - 1 - 1 hour hightlight show

I'd like to hear the rational too.

I suspect it's a budget thing, still ... only one hour???

jw

Bill wrote:

> "dave lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>http://www.olntv.com/olnbb/viewtopic.php?t=1454&start=15

> It's true. Per OLN Vuelta Forum Moderator:
>
> Sorry to disappoint.
> I'll clarify.
> There will be just one 1-hr. Vuelta show.
> There will be no daily coverage.
> ______________
> Out You Go!
>

> You might want to share your appreciation with [email protected]
> Bill Brannon

Maybe Discovery Channel will be carrying it. Certainly an opportunity
for them to step up.

says...

>I'd like to hear the rational too.
>
>I suspect it's a budget thing, still ... only one hour???

Coming off of record high ratings and they are worried about the cost????
If they gave the Vuelta some air time they could get some good ratings.
Maybe not as high as the TDF, but they wouldn't have to spend as much
to produce the show either.
-----------------
Alex

"dave lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.olntv.com/olnbb/viewtopic.php?t=1454&start=15

Hopefully, this is just a negotiating tactic. I read somewhere in an
article about Phil and Paul that OLN resells their coverage to other English
speaking countries (New Zealand and Australia I believe). Maybe someone
down the line is trying to low-ball them. Maybe the Vuelta itself is trying
to up the fee.

I know I'm grasping at straws here, but....

Make sure you let them know how you feel.

[email protected]

Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:

> Coming off of record high ratings and they are worried about the cost????
> If they gave the Vuelta some air time they could get some good ratings.
> Maybe not as high as the TDF, but they wouldn't have to spend as much
> to produce the show either.

They went over budget spending all the money on
Al Trautwig's TdF salary.

Benjamin Weiner wrote:

> Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Coming off of record high ratings and they are worried about the cost????
> > If they gave the Vuelta some air time they could get some good ratings.
> > Maybe not as high as the TDF, but they wouldn't have to spend as much
> > to produce the show either.

> They went over budget spending all the money on
> Al Trautwig's TdF salary.

Why did we get that ugly dressed down dried up old fart instead of that hot blond lady?

Imagine ESPN showing only the last out of the World Series ... "the pitch ...
FAST BALL ... THE CUBS WIN THE PENNANT !"

Thanks for watching, see you next year.

jw

J999w wrote:
> Imagine ESPN showing only the last out of the World Series ... "the pitch ...
> FAST BALL ... THE CUBS WIN THE PENNANT !"
>
> Thanks for watching, see you next year.
>
> jw

I could live with that.