OLN - YES!

Daniel S Lieb

Guest
Hi!

I finally have OLN!!!!

Can someone please tell me where I can find their cycling schedule?

Thank you, Daniel

this week.......live coverage of Paris-Nice!!!!!!

and there's no mention of the coming war, Iraq, North Korea, inspectors, Hans Blix, the Armstrong
divorce, etc........just Bob Roll and Paul Sherwen

set your VCR

"Cycling Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> http://www.olntv.com/2003cyclingsched.cfm
>
> Daniel S Lieb wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >I finally have OLN!!!!
> >
> >Can someone please tell me where I can find their cycling schedule?
> >
> >Thank you, Daniel

In article <[email protected]>, "Frank Tantillo"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> this week.......live coverage of Paris-Nice!!!!!!
>
> and there's no mention of the coming war, Iraq, North Korea, inspectors, Hans Blix, the Armstrong
> divorce, etc........just Bob Roll and Paul Sherwen
>
> set your VCR

No OLN here but I listened to today's stage on Live audio, from Eurosport.

ANyone know where in Ireland Sean Kelly is from? he was commentating with David Duffield and he has
a very strong accent, but from where in ireland I couldn't say.

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:24:32 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, "Frank Tantillo"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> this week.......live coverage of Paris-Nice!!!!!!
>>
>> and there's no mention of the coming war, Iraq, North Korea, inspectors, Hans Blix, the Armstrong
>> divorce, etc........just Bob Roll and Paul Sherwen
>>
>> set your VCR
>>
>No OLN here but I listened to today's stage on Live audio, from Eurosport.
>
>ANyone know where in Ireland Sean Kelly is from? he was commentating with David Duffield and he has
>a very strong accent, but from where in ireland I couldn't say.

He's from Carrick-on-Suir in the SE of Ireland. IIRC the town square is named after him.

Cheers! Stephen

"Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> writes:

> this week.......live coverage of Paris-Nice!!!!!!
>
> and there's no mention of the coming war, Iraq, North Korea, inspectors, Hans Blix, the Armstrong
> divorce, etc........just Bob Roll and Paul Sherwen
>
> set your VCR

TiVo lets me watch it while it is still being recorded, so I've been able to blitz through the
coverage BEFORE WORK these past 2 days.

A few months back TimeWarner took OLN out of the digital service and stuck it down into the extended
(78 channel) range. I've been DYING for the real races to start. In the mean time I've been catching
up on all those old Bicycle Journal shows.

This is the first time I've ever seen/heard Bobke work a race and I've gotta tell ya I'm very
impressed. His sentences are a little too long, and there is an occasionaly "Uh", but other than
that he is totally on top of the game.

Between Paul and Bob I don't know how they do it, but they manage to talk non-stop for the whole
1.5 hours.

How nice it is to actually see a race develop, instead of 12 minutes of review of the previous day,
cut-away shots of some racer's wife, and only 30 minutes of overall coverage like they used to do
on ESPN/ABC.

Random notes:

1. I thought Virenque turned in a substandard performance in the opening TT, but then noticed him
in the break yesterday going for a stage win.

2. Did anyone notice Boonen in the sprint yesterday?

3. Vinokourov (sp) made a terrific opening move today for overall GC.

4. As Rebellin crossed the line today I was yelling:

"I LOST MY HANNNNNND!!!!"

"IF THEY ATTACK THE CAR, SAVE THE RADIO!!!"

(Sorry if you don't get the reference, I'm having trouble googling the thread where someone
mentioned their friend commenting on Rebellin's web site and comparing him to Nicholas Cage.)

-Gerard

"Gerard Lanois" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > this week.......live coverage of Paris-Nice!!!!!!
> >
> > and there's no mention of the coming war, Iraq, North Korea, inspectors, Hans Blix, the
> > Armstrong divorce, etc........just Bob Roll and Paul
Sherwen

> > set your VCR
>
> TiVo lets me watch it while it is still being recorded, so I've been able to blitz through the
> coverage BEFORE WORK these past 2 days.
>
> A few months back TimeWarner took OLN out of the digital service and stuck it down into the
> extended (78 channel) range. I've been DYING for the real races to start. In the mean time I've
> been catching up on all those old Bicycle Journal shows.
>
> This is the first time I've ever seen/heard Bobke work a race and I've gotta tell ya I'm very
> impressed. His sentences are a little too long, and there is an occasionaly "Uh", but other than
> that he is totally on top of the game.

All I heard from Bob were run-on sentences delivered in somewhat of a monotone. Not to say he
doesn't know his stuff about races/racers, but I can't wait till he gets a little more polished.
Unfortunately, I can't think of another American out there that would do any better.

Please God, keep the football/car announcers away from the Tour this year!!

Mike

> Between Paul and Bob I don't know how they do it, but they manage to talk non-stop for the whole
> 1.5 hours.
>
> How nice it is to actually see a race develop, instead of 12 minutes of review of the previous
> day, cut-away shots of some racer's wife, and only 30 minutes of overall coverage like they used
> to do on ESPN/ABC.
>

> Random notes:
>
> 1. I thought Virenque turned in a substandard performance in the opening TT, but then noticed
> him in the break yesterday going for a stage win.
>
> 2. Did anyone notice Boonen in the sprint yesterday?
>
> 3. Vinokourov (sp) made a terrific opening move today for overall GC.

Too bad he got stuck leading out the sprint! Otherwise, he did great.

> 4. As Rebellin crossed the line today I was yelling:
>
> "I LOST MY HANNNNNND!!!!"
>
> "IF THEY ATTACK THE CAR, SAVE THE RADIO!!!"
>
> (Sorry if you don't get the reference, I'm having trouble googling the thread where someone
> mentioned their friend commenting on Rebellin's web site and comparing him to Nicholas Cage.)
>
> -Gerard

Sean Kelly is from Carrick-on-Suir near Tipperary. Yup, it's quite a strong accent. But you haven't
heard incomprehensible until you've listened to a Cockney talking to an Aberdonian. STF

Marlene Blanshay wrote:
> ANyone know where in Ireland Sean Kelly is from? he was commentating with David Duffield and he
> has a very strong accent, but from where in ireland I couldn't say.

In article <[email protected]>, Steve McGinty
<stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:24:32 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>, "Frank Tantillo"
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> this week.......live coverage of Paris-Nice!!!!!!
> >>
> >> and there's no mention of the coming war, Iraq, North Korea, inspectors, Hans Blix, the
> >> Armstrong divorce, etc........just Bob Roll and Paul Sherwen
> >>
> >> set your VCR
> >>
> >No OLN here but I listened to today's stage on Live audio, from Eurosport.
> >
> >ANyone know where in Ireland Sean Kelly is from? he was commentating with David Duffield and he
> >has a very strong accent, but from where in ireland I couldn't say.
>
> He's from Carrick-on-Suir in the SE of Ireland. IIRC the town square is named after him.
>
> Cheers! Stephen

Neat info. I was listening and thinking, who is this guy and what is that accent? Then I heard
who it was.

It's like when we watch rugby, where you hear Welsh announcers, scottish, irish and afrikaans
announcers, with thick impenetrable accents. I've gotten used to it and now have no trouble
understanding them! The advantage of international sporting events!

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, "Frank Tantillo"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > this week.......live coverage of Paris-Nice!!!!!!
> >
> > and there's no mention of the coming war, Iraq, North Korea, inspectors, Hans Blix, the
> > Armstrong divorce, etc........just Bob Roll and Paul Sherwen
> >
> > set your VCR
> >
> No OLN here but I listened to today's stage on Live audio, from Eurosport.
>
> ANyone know where in Ireland Sean Kelly is from?

Carrick-on-Suir

> he was commentating with David Duffield and he has a very strong accent, but from where in ireland
> I couldn't say.

pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est