OLNTV and Canadian Broadcasts

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Cdk_at_synesis_, May 16, 2003.

  1. I have a bone to pick with OLNTV in Canada and would like to know if anyone else have
    experienced this ?

    OLNTV in the USA broadcasts the Giro d'Italia, but for us Canadians north of the border, we have
    to be satisfied with the Bowflex infomercials that is about as interesting as consuming a piece of
    wet bread !!!

    I have sent a note to OLNTV Canada (www.facetheelements.com) just to receive one of those automated
    mailer messages indicating that they are overloaded and please check out the FAQ's on TSN's site.

    Pretty useless if you ask me !!!

    Anyone else had better success in getting more cycling on TV as we approach the tour de France
    (which does get coverage in Canada, mind you) ??

    Thanx

    Tags:

  2. Andre

    Andre Guest

    Don't get me started on OLN Canada and the CRTC...

    --
    --------------------------
    Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+ webmaster for Triathlon New Brunswick www.TriNB.com
    "cdk_at_synesis_dot_net" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a bone to pick with OLNTV in Canada and would like to know if anyone else have
    > experienced this ?
    >
    > OLNTV in the USA broadcasts the Giro d'Italia, but for us Canadians north of the border, we have
    > to be satisfied with the Bowflex infomercials that is about as interesting as consuming a piece of
    > wet bread !!!
    >
    > I have sent a note to OLNTV Canada (www.facetheelements.com) just to receive one of those
    > automated mailer messages indicating that they are overloaded and please check out the FAQ's on
    > TSN's site.
    >
    > Pretty useless if you ask me !!!
    >
    > Anyone else had better success in getting more cycling on TV as we approach the tour de France
    > (which does get coverage in Canada, mind you) ??
    >
    > Thanx

  3. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Don't get me started on OLN Canada and the CRTC...
    >
    > --
    > --------------------------
    > Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+ webmaster for Triathlon New Brunswick www.TriNB.com

    I believe I saw something about the Giro being re-broadcast at Midnight..either OLN or Telatino,
    which is probably only available in Toronto.

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  4. Chris II

    Chris II Guest

    It is on TLN (Telatino) in Italian at Midnight eastern

    Im in Northern Alberta, and i get TLN. So i have been able to see SuperMario look more
    like GoodMario

    > "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Don't get me started on OLN Canada and the CRTC...
    >>
    >> --
    >> --------------------------
    >> Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+ webmaster for Triathlon New Brunswick www.TriNB.com
    >
    > I believe I saw something about the Giro being re-broadcast at Midnight..either OLN or Telatino,
    > which is probably only available in Toronto.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Scott..

  5. Db

    Db Guest

    It's also available on TLN in Montreal on digital tv at the same time (midnight, eastern time). One
    hour of the live broadcast- although i suppose in order to fit into the hour some cutting occurs-
    still much, much better than bowflex and dog shows. Btw i still don't see why oln gets bashed so
    much. They're an outdoor show not a sports network (like sportsnet, tsn and rds are supposed to be).
    I mean when tsn/rds show dog shows and spelling contests and hours and hours of golf it makes me
    wonder what the 's' in their names stand for. Darius

  6. In article <[email protected]>, "db" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It's also available on TLN in Montreal on digital tv at the same time (midnight, eastern time).
    > One hour of the live broadcast- although i suppose in order to fit into the hour some cutting
    > occurs- still much, much better than bowflex and dog shows. Btw i still don't see why oln gets
    > bashed so much. They're an outdoor show not a sports network (like sportsnet, tsn and rds are
    > supposed to be). I mean when tsn/rds show dog shows and spelling contests and hours and hours of
    > golf it makes me wonder what the 's' in their names stand for. Darius

    OLN gets bashed so much because their US version hosts all of these races, and their Canadian
    version does not. It's not like they're broadcasting anything really compelling, either; in my area
    the appropriate programming time seems to be taken up by extra reruns of "Carribbean Workout".

  7. Chris II

    Chris II Guest

    Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>, "db" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> It's also available on TLN in Montreal on digital tv at the same time (midnight, eastern time).
    >> One hour of the live broadcast- although i suppose in order to fit into the hour some cutting
    >> occurs- still much, much better than bowflex and dog shows. Btw i still don't see why oln gets
    >> bashed so much. They're an outdoor show not a sports network (like sportsnet, tsn and rds are
    >> supposed to be). I mean when tsn/rds show dog shows and spelling contests and hours and hours of
    >> golf it makes me wonder what the 's' in their names stand for. Darius
    >
    > OLN gets bashed so much because their US version hosts all of these races, and their Canadian
    > version does not. It's not like they're broadcasting anything really compelling, either; in my
    > area the appropriate programming time seems to be taken up by extra reruns of "Carribbean
    > Workout".

    Anyone know when TLN is showing the Giro this Weekend looking quickly i saw nothing listed can
    anyone help?

  8. Db

    Db Guest

    > Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > > OLN gets bashed so much because their US version hosts all of these races, and their Canadian
    > > version does not. It's not like they're broadcasting anything really compelling, either; in my
    > > area the appropriate programming time seems to be taken up by extra reruns of "Carribbean
    > > Workout".

    I know that OLN Canada gets bashed for obvious reasons but i was kind of referring to OLN in
    general. They're not really a sports network so i figured people would be happy with any kind of
    cycling that gets shown and complain about the lack of cycling on the so called sports networks. It
    was just a way for me to whine/complain about these networks ;-)

    "chris II" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Anyone know when TLN is showing the Giro this Weekend looking quickly i
    saw
    > nothing listed can anyone help?

    The 7th stage wasn't on the TLN (www.tlntv.com) schedule (too bad since it was the 1st mountain
    finish of the race) but tomorrow they're supposed to have a 1 hour show at 4:30pm eastern. They're
    then supposed to return to their 12am schedule on tues morning. Darius

  9. "db" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > It's also available on TLN in Montreal on digital tv at the same time (midnight, eastern time).
    > One hour of the live broadcast- although i suppose in order to fit into the hour some cutting
    > occurs- still much, much better than bowflex and dog shows. Btw i still don't see why oln gets
    > bashed so much. They're an outdoor show not a sports network (like sportsnet, tsn and rds are
    > supposed to be). I mean when tsn/rds show dog shows and spelling contests and hours and hours of
    > golf it makes me wonder what the 's' in their names stand for. Darius

    As far as I can see in replying to their web site 'Contact Us' section, they all belong to the same
    group. So, regardless if OLN is an outdoor show, it is a sister station of TSN, supposedly the
    sportstation, that does not cover it in any case ...

    Just a pain in the neck, especially like we have to watch golf for 8 hours per day ;-) (and still
    no cycling)

  10. Db

    Db Guest

    "cdk_at_synesis_dot_net" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > As far as I can see in replying to their web site 'Contact Us' section, they all belong to the
    > same group. So, regardless if OLN is an outdoor show, it is a sister station of TSN, supposedly
    > the sportstation, that does not cover it in any case ...

    That's true, i forgot about that. I wanted to write to OLN Canada about a year ago but when i saw
    their email address i knew it was hopeless.

    > Just a pain in the neck, especially like we have to watch golf for 8 hours per day ;-) (and still
    > no cycling)

    At least the curling season is over. Darius

  11. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    "db" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "cdk_at_synesis_dot_net" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > > As far as I can see in replying to their web site 'Contact Us' section, they all belong to the
    > > same group. So, regardless if OLN is an outdoor show, it is a sister station of TSN, supposedly
    > > the sportstation, that does not cover it in any case ...
    > >

    > That's true, i forgot about that. I wanted to write to OLN Canada about a year ago but when i saw
    > their email address i knew it was hopeless.
    >
    > > Just a pain in the neck, especially like we have to watch golf for 8 hours per day ;-) (and
    > > still no cycling)
    >
    > At least the curling season is over. Darius

    I have sympathy for you Canadians.......after living there only 10 months.....that was enough of
    OLN-Canada.......I'd watch the Food channel instead.....more exciting.