OLNTV

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Louisrossi, May 10, 2003.

  1. Louisrossi

    Louisrossi Guest

    Bad programming choices. No live GIRO coverage on Saturday or Sunday. I guess OLNTV thinks "Shotgun
    Journal" and "American Shooter" get a bigger audience or commercial sponsorship. Even so, they don't
    need to be on "exactly" in the 9-11 AM timeslot. OLNTV deserves some complaints from this group
    (website: www.olntv.com).

    Tags:

  2. Garyg

    Garyg Guest

    "LOUISROSSI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bad programming choices. No live GIRO coverage on Saturday or Sunday. I
    guess
    > OLNTV thinks "Shotgun Journal" and "American Shooter" get a bigger
    audience or
    > commercial sponsorship. Even so, they don't need to be on "exactly" in the
    9-11
    > AM timeslot. OLNTV deserves some complaints from this group (website: www.olntv.com).

    Their live coverage starts Monday. I'm guessing they figured most bike racing enthusiasts will be
    out training on a weekend morning in spring

    Meanwhile, the Shotgun crowd sits on the couch and slugs back the day's first beer, while listening
    to the commentator's laughingly describe the funny sound the ducks were making as they hit the mud
    after being blasted out of the sky (I'm not making this up...I saw it this morning). Who watches
    that stuff?

    GG

  3. Themobe

    Themobe Guest

    << Who watches that stuff? >> no one! thats the joke on the viewers; it's just for the advertisers
    who buy block time on OLN.

    since Comcast and Brian Roberts have bought OLN, it's just another way to make money for the
    suits...and when Lance is gone, and sales devil John West can't sell cycling anymore, well, cycling
    will be gone from OLN. Whatever the traffic will bear to keep that corporate bottom line lookin'
    good, baby!

  4. Should you be unfortunate enough to be subjected to OLN Canada, you get to enjoy:
    1. sportfishing
    2. all strength challenge
    3. lumberjack competitions
    4. no cycling, except for the Tour Somebody get me the hell out off this continent...

    "LOUISROSSI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bad programming choices. No live GIRO coverage on Saturday or Sunday. I
    guess
    > OLNTV thinks "Shotgun Journal" and "American Shooter" get a bigger
    audience or
    > commercial sponsorship. Even so, they don't need to be on "exactly" in the
    9-11
    > AM timeslot. OLNTV deserves some complaints from this group (website: www.olntv.com).

  5. Les

    Les Guest

    GaryG, using the address of [email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net, felt it was necessary to post to
    rec.bicycles.racing with the following words of wisdom:

    > Their live coverage starts Monday. I'm guessing they figured most bike racing enthusiasts will be
    > out training on a weekend morning in spring

    I wish I could have been -- IT SNOWED HERE TODAY!!!!

    --
    remove the "x" if you feel that you must reply to me personally.

  6. J999w

    J999w Guest

    Maybe they spent their money on the Global Extremes Challenge up Everest.

    Or perhaps there has been changes in OLN management since last year??

    jw milwaukee

  7. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    [email protected] (LOUISROSSI) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Bad programming choices. No live GIRO coverage on Saturday or Sunday. I guess OLNTV thinks
    > "Shotgun Journal" and "American Shooter" get a bigger audience or commercial sponsorship. Even so,
    > they don't need to be on "exactly" in the 9-11 AM timeslot. OLNTV deserves some complaints from
    > this group (website: www.olntv.com).

    Let me get this straight. OLN deserves 'complaints' for 1-1/2 hours of 'only' same day GIRO
    coverage? Please.

  8. In article <[email protected]>, "Andre Charlebois"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Should you be unfortunate enough to be subjected to OLN Canada, you get to enjoy:
    > 1. sportfishing
    > 2. all strength challenge
    > 3. lumberjack competitions
    > 4. no cycling, except for the Tour Somebody get me the hell out off this continent...

    And you forgot dog shows, frisbee competitions, travel shows.

    Last year, though, they did show some NORBA races, not live of course.

  9. Bob McBreen

    Bob McBreen Guest

    I totally agree. OLN coverage is far better than anything we have had before in the U.S. I can't
    believe that people are complaining, and are upset with OLN for trying to make money by airing other
    types of shows. If bull riding and fishing make money for OLN, then they should show them.

    "brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (LOUISROSSI) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Bad programming choices. No live GIRO coverage on Saturday or Sunday. I
    guess
    > > OLNTV thinks "Shotgun Journal" and "American Shooter" get a bigger
    audience or
    > > commercial sponsorship. Even so, they don't need to be on "exactly" in
    the 9-11
    > > AM timeslot. OLNTV deserves some complaints from this group (website: www.olntv.com).
    >

    > Let me get this straight. OLN deserves 'complaints' for 1-1/2 hours of 'only' same day GIRO
    > coverage? Please.

  10. Garyg

    Garyg Guest

    "Les" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > GaryG, using the address of [email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net, felt it was necessary to post to
    > rec.bicycles.racing with the following words of wisdom:
    >
    > > Their live coverage starts Monday. I'm guessing they figured most bike racing enthusiasts will
    > > be out training on a weekend morning in spring
    >
    > I wish I could have been -- IT SNOWED HERE TODAY!!!!

    Bummer...

    I saw some snow on my ride today too. But, it was beyond the fields of wildflowers, on nearby
    mountain peaks. For all it's faults (pun intended), California is still a great place to live.

    GG

    > --
    > remove the "x" if you feel that you must reply to me personally.

  11. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    Hi Marlene! Since I came back to the States I have enjoyed the cycling coverage. I do feel sorry
    for the Canadians......Canadian OLN...sucks big time. You would think with all the great cycling
    pro's that come from Canada, that at the least they would broadcast cycling. Who ever runs the OLN
    in Canada should pull his head out....there missing a bunch, and treating there fellow Canadians
    with respect.

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Andre Charlebois"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Should you be unfortunate enough to be subjected to OLN Canada, you get
    > > enjoy:
    > > 1. sportfishing
    > > 2. all strength challenge
    > > 3. lumberjack competitions
    > > 4. no cycling, except for the Tour Somebody get me the hell out off this continent...
    > >
    > And you forgot dog shows, frisbee competitions, travel shows.
    >
    > Last year, though, they did show some NORBA races, not live of course.

  12. Rcracer69

    Rcracer69 Guest

    --

    "Bob McBreen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I totally agree. OLN coverage is far better than anything we have had before in the U.S. I can't
    > believe that people are complaining, and are upset with OLN for trying to make money by airing
    > other types of shows.
    If
    > bull riding and fishing make money for OLN, then they should show them.
    >
    > "brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > [email protected] (LOUISROSSI) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Bad programming choices. No live GIRO coverage on Saturday or Sunday.
    > guess
    > > > OLNTV thinks "Shotgun Journal" and "American Shooter" get a bigger
    > audience or
    > > > commercial sponsorship. Even so, they don't need to be on "exactly" in
    > the 9-11
    > > > AM timeslot. OLNTV deserves some complaints from this group (website: www.olntv.com).
    > >

    > > Let me get this straight. OLN deserves 'complaints' for 1-1/2 hours of 'only' same day GIRO
    > > coverage? Please.

    Yes they deserve complaints... All they are showing is "PBR (pro bull riding)" the only bull I want
    to see is on my plate hot off the grill. their cycling coverage sucks this year. except for the Giro
    and TDF we are only getting 2hrs a week of cycling coverage.

    L8R

    "In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons,
    and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer."

  13. kmckisso

    kmckisso Guest

    I think the point is you lucky to be getting any as they are the only network providing any of this
    european coverage. Who cares what else they are showing, they are showing cycling.

  14. In article <[email protected]>, "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi Marlene! Since I came back to the States I have enjoyed the cycling coverage. I do feel sorry
    > for the Canadians......Canadian OLN...sucks big time. You would think with all the great cycling
    > pro's that come from Canada, that at the least they would broadcast cycling. Who ever runs the OLN
    > in Canada should pull his head out....there missing a bunch, and treating there fellow Canadians
    > with respect.

    Canadian tv media is about 20 years behind the times. They think no one cares about anything but
    hockey. I love hockey, but it's summer!ANd of course, you know, cyclists aren't REALLY athletes,
    they're skinny euros with shaved legs!

  15. In article <[email protected]>, "rcracer69" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > --
    >
    > "Bob McBreen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > Yes they deserve complaints... All they are showing is "PBR (pro bull riding)" the only bull I
    > want to see is on my plate hot off the grill. their cycling coverage sucks this year. except for
    > the Giro and TDF we are only getting 2hrs a week of cycling coverage.
    >
    > L8R
    >
    > "In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons,
    > and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer."

    Quit whining! I saw the 2003 schedule on OLN's web site and it's still better than what we're stuck
    with, so SHADDAP!

  16. "GaryG" <[email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Their live coverage starts Monday. I'm guessing they figured most bike racing enthusiasts will be
    > out training on a weekend morning in spring
    >
    > Meanwhile, the Shotgun crowd sits on the couch and slugs back the day's first beer, while
    > listening to the commentator's laughingly describe the funny sound the ducks were making as they
    > hit the mud after being blasted out of the sky (I'm not making this up...I saw it this morning).
    > Who watches that stuff?

    Same guys that like to watch men manhandle calves and bulls.
    --
    Marty

  17. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "rcracer69" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > --
    > >
    > > "Bob McBreen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    >

    > > Yes they deserve complaints... All they are showing is "PBR (pro bull riding)" the only bull I
    > > want to see is on my plate hot off the grill.
    their
    > > cycling coverage sucks this year. except for the Giro and TDF we are
    only
    > > getting 2hrs a week of cycling coverage.
    > >
    > > L8R
    > >
    > > "In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand
    against
    > > the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. She is the
    Slayer."

    > Quit whining! I saw the 2003 schedule on OLN's web site and it's still better than what we're
    > stuck with, so SHADDAP!

    Marline........now the states OLN isn't sticking to that schedule...did you send down the
    Supervisors from Canadian OLN>..it's turn that way.....

  18. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Marlene! Since I came back to the States I have enjoyed the cycling coverage. I do feel sorry
    > > for the Canadians......Canadian OLN...sucks big time. You would think with all the great cycling
    > > pro's that come from Canada,
    that
    > > at the least they would broadcast cycling. Who ever runs the OLN in Canada should pull his head
    > > out....there
    missing a
    > > bunch, and treating there fellow Canadians with respect.
    > >

    > Canadian tv media is about 20 years behind the times. They think no one cares about anything but
    > hockey. I love hockey, but it's summer!ANd of course, you know, cyclists aren't REALLY athletes,
    > they're skinny euros with shaved legs!

    I know I suffered when I was in Nova Scotia...that is until I bailed out and came back to
    California.

  19. In article <[email protected]>, "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "rcracer69" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > "Bob McBreen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Quit whining! I saw the 2003 schedule on OLN's web site and it's still better than what we're
    > > stuck with, so SHADDAP!
    >
    > Marline........now the states OLN isn't sticking to that schedule...did you send down the
    > Supervisors from Canadian OLN>..it's turn that way.....

    Oh, really? I thought they'd show the giro live like they did last year.

    In the meantime, I watched TLN's coverage at 4:30 today. It was the last hour of stage 2 (they
    didn't show stage 1 or I missed it) but it was LIVE, not highlights. Taped live, that is, from RAI
    international. Of course, the coverage was in italian, but I understood bits here and there, and
    it's sports! It's not like you can't figure out what's happening. IT's only the last hour but in
    this country, where cycling isn't even thought of as a REAL sport, you take what you can get. And it
    was actually pretty good!

  20. Hunting will improve your riding, mate. Don't knocks it until you tries it.