Olympic Cycling -- feh, more of the same old ****

Kevan Smith

Guest
From the news:

Sprint champion Kelli White and six other American athletes flunked drug tests this summer, the
U.S. Olympic Committee announced yesterday.

White and five other track and field athletes tested positive for the banned stimulant
modafinil. Hammer thrower John McEwen tested positive for modafinil and the newly discovered
steroid THG, and cyclist Adham Sbeih tested positive for the endurance-boosting hormone EPO.

I'm glad to see the U.S. cycling team is striving to become more competitive. If a cyclist wants to
juice for competition, he or she should at least have the grace to turn pro first.

--
[email protected]
Accept advice.

Kevan Smith wrote:

> cyclist Adham Sbeih tested positive for the endurance-boosting hormone EPO.
>
> I'm glad to see the U.S. cycling team is striving to become more competitive. If a cyclist wants
> to juice for competition, he or she should at least have the grace to turn pro first.

Excellent point, although Sbeih is a pro:

http://www.sierranevadacycling.com/bios.asp?rid=1

You'd think a pro these days knows better. Maybe Sierra Nevada simply can't afford the expensive
doctors that can fool the drug tests.

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:07:57 -0800, Terry Morse <[email protected]> from We
wrote:

>Kevan Smith wrote:
>
>> cyclist Adham Sbeih tested positive for the endurance-boosting hormone EPO.
>>
>> I'm glad to see the U.S. cycling team is striving to become more competitive. If a cyclist wants
>> to juice for competition, he or she should at least have the grace to turn pro first.
>
>Excellent point, although Sbeih is a pro:
>
>http://www.sierranevadacycling.com/bios.asp?rid=1
>
>You'd think a pro these days knows better. Maybe Sierra Nevada simply can't afford the expensive
>doctors that can fool the drug tests.

Dangit! I keep forgetting the Olympics isn't for "amateurs" any more because so much emphasis has
been placed on nationalist achievement.

--
[email protected]
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element.