Olympic gold meadalist AND a classy dame!

Dark Alley Dan

Sep 8, 2004
Hiya:

Had to share this - my boy and I were out yesterday, riding back from piano lessons. He's 7, rides a single-speed, 16" wheeled bike. This is his first year on two wheels and he is hooked, hooked, hooked. So there we are, hammering along in a quiet residential neighbourhood, me watching for cars, him getting his cadence up to about 190 (legs just a goin') about 2/3 the way through the ride when we were passed by a professional looking rider and a friend. We chatted briefly, she rode on, then looped back to talk some more with my boy and I.

Damned if it wasn't Lori Ann Muenzer.

She took time out to talk to a dabbler and a little kid on a bike, and she couldn't have been nicer. That shows not only ability but good character. Makes me proud to be a Canadian cyclist.

Here's to her!:D

D.A.D.

Dark Alley Dan said:
Hiya:

Had to share this - my boy and I were out yesterday, riding back from piano lessons. He's 7, rides a single-speed, 16" wheeled bike. This is his first year on two wheels and he is hooked, hooked, hooked. So there we are, hammering along in a quiet residential neighbourhood, me watching for cars, him getting his cadence up to about 190 (legs just a goin') about 2/3 the way through the ride when we were passed by a professional looking rider and a friend. We chatted briefly, she rode on, then looped back to talk some more with my boy and I.

She took time out to talk to a dabbler and a little kid on a bike, and she couldn't have been nicer. That shows not only ability but good character. Makes me proud to be a Canadian cyclist.

D.A.D.
That reminds me of the time when I was powering up a real steep hill and I was about to pass a rider who was struggling and as I was passing him I realised it was none other than Lance Armstrong. I said a few nice words of encouragement and rode of into the sunset and left him to his own devices.

No seriously. Its great when good riders take the time to have a chat. Where I live in the country in the UK there is a real good cycling team who train on the same roads as me and they always take the time to say hello and ask how its going and where Im going etc.

Dark Alley Dan said:
Hiya:

D.A.D.

Neat story!Thanks for sharing. :)