Olympics: Biggest scam in sports??

Bro Deal said:
From the article:

"China has now won a gold medal in every Weightlifting weight class they have competed in at the Beijing Games."

And we descend ever deeper into farce.

I am starting to wonder what long lasting damage this Olympics will do. There have been so many WTF moments that there has to be a serious loss of credibility.
You aren't telling me that China is the ONLY country that dopes it's weightlifters are you...they ALL do. Every last one (with the exception of perhaps Hussain Rezazadeh who may simply be a freak of nature).

Why get mad at China simply because they do it better?

drm said:
You aren't telling me that China is the ONLY country that dopes it's weightlifters are you...they ALL do. Every last one (with the exception of perhaps Hussain Rezazadeh who may simply be a freak of nature).

Why get mad at China simply because they do it better?
To you and Tony...Bro was implying all of that. That was just the latest example.

nns1400 said:
To you and Tony...Bro was implying all of that. That was just the latest example.

Does anyone know anything about dope testing in swimming compared to cycling. Can they get away with it more than in cycling? I'm just thinking with all the controls in cycling and the fact that most dopers still get away with it or use less, what is the deal in swimming? Do they have regular random blood testing? I'm thinking of Phelps in particular.

tonyzackery said:
...and you don't mention Michael Phelps?? Olympic and World Records left and right...give me a break...:rolleyes:
The swimming is seriously farked up. Every time someone falls in the pool, a world record is broken. I have no doubt that Phelps is jacked. I also have no doubt that the IOC would not want him to test posiitve. They get most of their TV revenue from the U.S, and Phelps has become the big story for America. If Phelps was busted then it would do great damage to the Olympics.

Bro Deal said:
The swimming is seriously farked up. Every time someone falls in the pool, a world record is broken. I have no doubt that Phelps is jacked. I also have no doubt that the IOC would not want him to test posiitve. They get most of their TV revenue from the U.S, and Phelps has become the big story for America. If Phelps was busted then it would do great damage to the Olympics.
He's the LA of swimming. They say that after the Olympics he will be by far the wealthiest Olympic athlete of all time and will never have to work a day in his life because of the endorsements and such. No, he ain't gonna come up positive.

C'dale Girl said:
He's the LA of swimming. They say that after the Olympics he will be by far the wealthiest Olympic athlete of all time and will never have to work a day in his life because of the endorsements and such. No, he ain't gonna come up positive.
If the police tried to raid his Olympic Village room... they'd probably be fought back by an IOC militia...
biggrin.gif

Crankyfeet said:
If the police tried to raid his Olympic Village room... they'd probably be fought back by an IOC militia...
biggrin.gif
O M G

No sooner do I make that post and ABC just did a bit on Phelps. JUST LIKE THE SCIENCE OF LANCE. It's the science of Phelps.

Everyone will take ease in knowing that Phelps is actually built like a fish, which gives him the competitive edge. He is disproportionately long torso'd, short legged, long-armed, and has disproportionately large hands compared to the average man. This collectively makes him built more like a fish and thus more efficient in the water. They even went into the lactic acid ****.

I wish I could tell you I was joking, but I can't even make this **** up.

Coming soon . . . Discovery Channel's "The Science of Phelps."

It's got nothing to do with PED's folks . . . calm down everyone.

C'dale Girl said:
O M G

No sooner do I make that post and ABC just did a bit on Phelps. JUST LIKE THE SCIENCE OF LANCE. It's the science of Phelps.

Everyone will take ease in knowing that Phelps is actually built like a fish, which gives him the competitive edge. He is disproportionately long torso'd, short legged, long-armed, and has disproportionately large hands compared to the average man. This collectively makes him built more like a fish and thus more efficient in the water. They even went into the lactic acid ****.

They left out that he has fast arm cadence....
biggrin.gif

I actually am not sure about Phelps. Originally I took his huge lower jaw and difficulty mouthing some words as an indication of HGH. But he had that huge jaw ever since he was six (when seeing his NBC bio story). And he seems like a really nice guy [sic]. And I think body shape and technique does play a large part in swimming... not just raw power. Otherwise any cardiovascular strongman could be an Olympic swimmer. It's all about the boat (and that underwater dolphin kick).

Crankyfeet said:
biggrin.gif

I actually am not sure about Phelps. Originally I took his huge lower jaw and difficulty mouthing some words as an indication of HGH. But he had that huge jaw ever since he was six (when seeing his NBC bio story). And he seems like a really nice guy [sic]. And I think body shape and technique does play a large part in swimming... not just raw power. Otherwise any cardiovascular strongman could be an Olympic swimmer. It's all about the boat (and that underwater dolphin kick).
Yeah, that makes all the difference...politics at its worst...nice/likeable guys/gals would NEVER cheat...:rolleyes:

C'dale Girl said:
Heh, I hate these stories. Firstly, myself and one of my brothers both have disproportionately long torsos, we both have big hands, we both have disproportionately short legs (comes with the long torsos, I guess), we are both well over six feet, and are both naturally athletic.

We were both competitive swimmers and neither one of us made it anywhere near the olympics. I haven't seen the story and I can't be bothered to watch it, but it's pretty simplistic.

I have no idea whether or not Michae Phelps juices and it's kind of sad everyone defaults to that (I do myself) as it's not out of the realm of posibility that he really is just a freak.

Also, you wanna see a potential PED user? Check out Alain Bernard (I don't know the rules about posting photos, my apologies if I broke any copyright rules).

Alain-Bernard9.jpeg

drm said:
Heh, I hate these stories. Firstly, myself and one of my brothers both have disproportionately long torsos, we both have big hands, we both have disproportionately short legs (comes with the long torsos, I guess), we are both well over six feet, and are both naturally athletic.

We were both competitive swimmers and neither one of us made it anywhere near the olympics. I haven't seen the story and I can't be bothered to watch it, but it's pretty simplistic.

I have no idea whether or not Michae Phelps juices and it's kind of sad everyone defaults to that (I do myself) as it's not out of the realm of posibility that he really is just a freak.

Also, you wanna see a potential PED user? Check out Alain Bernard (I don't know the rules about posting photos, my apologies if I broke any copyright rules).

Alain-Bernard9.jpeg
Did he have his feet surgically extended to flipper length!? :eek: :D

C'dale Girl said:
O M G

A legend in the making... ;)

Crankyfeet said:
biggrin.gif
LOL I think he also got a bad case of the flu and lost a lot of weight, changed his physique forever. His new body shape made for a lot less drag in the pool.

Dang, I can't believe I let you guys turn me into such a cynic. Long live Lance!!!:D

Well, proof has emerged that one of the Chinese gymnasts is in fact old enough to compete.

mclovinjz1.jpg

Bro Deal said:

Inordinate amount of swimming world records being broken at these Games.

A Japanese male swimmer smashed the 100/200 metre times yesterday - on the way to winning gold.
Womens world times are tumbling too.

Seems that new records are being created across all swimming disciplines.

This gives oxygen to the naysayers - who say that all sport is corrupt.
It may well be.
But the UCI can only (mis) manage the affairs of our sport.

If FINA and IAAF and all the rest of the federations want to have a chemical freakshow then that this their affair.

Cool. Swedish wrestler throws his bronze medal on the floor at the awards ceremony and walks out. He was robbed by bad judging. Evidently he also lost gold in 2004 because a judge was bribed.

If more athletes did this sort of thing instead of playing along with the charade then the IOC would have a lot more incentive to fix the ridiculous judging.

More fakery.

from the hollywood reporter
Ethnic groups faked at opening ceremony
Games organizers say kids in costume were not authentic
Reuters

BEIJING -- Fake fireworks, a fake singer and now fake children at the
Olympics opening ceremony.

Organizers of the Games acknowledged Friday that children dressed in
ethnic costumes from around China who carried the Chinese flag at the
ceremony were not actually from those ethnic groups, some of whom have
tense relations with the government.

This is the third faking incident to emerge from the Aug. 8 ceremony,
after it was revealed that a 9-year-old girl lip-synched the song "Ode
to the Motherland" as the real singer was deemed not pretty enough and
some "live" fireworks prerecorded. Games vp **** Wei played down the
latest incident, saying he did not know exactly where these children
were from as they were performers representing China's 56 minority
groups.

"It is typical for Chinese performers to wear different apparel from
different ethnic groups. There is nothing special about it," **** told
reporters. "They will wear different apparel to signify people are
friendly and happy together."

But China's attempt to control every aspect of the ceremony, even if
it meant trickery and substitutions, and other manipulation at the
Beijing Games such as bussing in cheering crowds has come under heavy
criticism internationally.

"Rather than announcing China's arrival as a modern, dynamic country,
they risk reinforcing the view that the Beijing government is
comprised of control freaks," read a commentary by British newspaper
the Financial Times.

Media reports said the children were from the Galaxy Children's Art
Troupe, which involves young actors and actresses mainly from the
dominant Han ethnic group, which makes up about 92% of China's 1.3
billion population.

But the program for the 4 1/2-hour ceremony had said the children were
from different ethnic groups.

"Fifty-six children from 56 Chinese ethnic groups cluster around the
Chinese national flag, representing the 56 ethnic groups," read the
media guide for the opening ceremony.

The fill-ins came as China struggles to keep conflicts with its ethnic
groups out of the spotlight during the Olympics.

Human rights groups have tried to use the world's focus on the
Olympics to highlight what they say is repression of Tibetans and
Muslim Uighurs of Xinjiang by China's government.

On Friday, pro-Tibet independence campaigners protested outside the
state TV headquarters, the CCTV building, in Beijing.

"This is a very unwelcome and unacceptable action in China," ****
said, adding that most of the protesters were not Chinese.

"Tibet is part of China, and the whole world recognizes it. The free
Tibet movement is not welcome here."