Olympics Spoiler!!!

hippy said:
-- SPOILER WARNING --

Well, Bayley got his revenge for the Melbourne Worlds...
http://www.theage.com.au/olympics/articles/2004/08/25/1093246544605.html

Woo Woo Woo!

hippy's gonna have to beat him though, at the
next Olympics.. ;-)

hippy
P.S. What is it with Aussies and wheelies over the line? :)

In what race, hippy?!? The wheelie thing, put it down to either the Robbie Influence or the Aussie Childhood Riding Culture. :D

hippy said:
-- SPOILER WARNING --

P.S. What is it with Aussies and wheelies over the line? :)

Bayley does this all the time

i witnessed him doing this in his race against the french guy or was it Bos during the world champs and its rather easy to do on a fixed if you 'burst' momentarily,
(as i found out up a hill the other day LOL!)

Have seen a few mentions of his KFC and coke diet (apparently all the athletes have been given vouchers for unlimited coke till they realised how much was being drunk. They put a cieling of 50 per person per day, which apparently Bailey replied to "Yep. that outta do me!" )

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> Bayley does this all the time

Yeah, as does McEwan it seems..

> i witnessed him doing this in his race against the french guy or was it
> Bos during the world champs and its rather easy to do on a fixed if you
> 'burst' momentarily, (as i found out up a hill the other day LOL!)

Garne I think. Bos was too close at the Worlds.
Hmm.. I've not tried, but I don't know about being easy..
Hit 60+ and then lean back and pop the front up on the
flat? Like I said, I've not tried, but I'm not sure it's easy.
Hills already putting your weight back.. maybe that helps?

> Have seen a few mentions of his KFC and coke diet (apparently all the
> athletes have been given vouchers for unlimited coke till they realised
> how much was being drunk. They put a cieling of 50 per person per day,
> which apparently Bailey replied to "Yep. that outta do me!" )

Urgh.. yuck.. I'm on unleaded (pepsi max) and even
then 2 cans a day can make me feel dodgy. Wonder
what's in the KFC that makes him fast? :)

hippy

This newsgroup has been a bit quiet about the Olympics over the last
couple of weeks.. which is surprising considering how brilliant the
Australian cycling team is doing in Athens!! (or is everyone too busy
watching the events to write messages?)

Some of those events were amazing to watch - especially the team
pursuit, who looked like their wheels were glued together! :)
(it must take a lot of skill to ride so close to each other..)

I've been talking to a couple of people, trying to work out how much
each of those bicycles would be worth - any ideas?

Stuart Park
Melbourne, Australia

> -- SPOILER WARNING --
>

> Well, Bayley got his revenge for the Melbourne Worlds...
> http://www.theage.com.au/olympics/articles/2004/08/25/1093246544605.html
>
> Woo Woo Woo!
>
> hippy's gonna have to beat him though, at the
> next Olympics.. ;-)
>
> hippy
> P.S. What is it with Aussies and wheelies over the line? :)

"Stuart Park" <[email protected]
> This newsgroup has been a bit quiet about the Olympics over the last
> couple of weeks.. which is surprising considering how brilliant the
> Australian cycling team is doing in Athens!! (or is everyone too busy
> watching the events to write messages?)

I've actually managed to miss ALL of it thanks to
other stuff being on..

> Some of those events were amazing to watch - especially the team
> pursuit, who looked like their wheels were glued together! :)
> (it must take a lot of skill to ride so close to each other..)

Yes. :)

> I've been talking to a couple of people, trying to work out how much
> each of those bicycles would be worth - any ideas?

~$7k for one of the BT pursuit frames I think, plus
$5k for the Campagnolo Gihbli(sp?) wheelset plus
another couple of k for the driveline, bars, pedals,
post and saddle. Cheap eh? ;-)

hippy

In article <[email protected]>,
"Stuart Park" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've been talking to a couple of people, trying to work out how much
> each of those bicycles would be worth - any ideas?

You can probably hunt around the companies' Web sites -- bikes used in
the Olympics have to also be on public sale.

--
Shane Stanley

"Shane Stanley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Stuart Park" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I've been talking to a couple of people, trying to work out how much
> > each of those bicycles would be worth - any ideas?

> You can probably hunt around the companies' Web sites -- bikes used in
> the Olympics have to also be on public sale.

"The frames are directly available in Australia from BT in Melbourne
(61 3 9459 3525) and in the USA, try www.usauzziesales.com. The
price? In the USA, the official distributor lists the frame and fork at
US$4395."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2004/features/BT_road

hippy

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> hippy Wrote:
> > "The frames are directly available in Australia from BT in Melbourne
> > (61 3 9459 3525) and in the USA, try www.usauzziesales.com. The
> > price? In the USA, the official distributor lists the frame and fork
> > at US$4395."
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2004/features/BT_road

> So if your bike's called 'vegemite', what would you call a fixie built
> up outta one of dem?
>
> 'Plastic-fantastic'
> 'curly-surly'
> 'i-cum-from-de-landownunder'

IBBW - I Better Bloody Win!
Emptied The Bank
Stiff One
BT - Bloody Tops!
I'm Broke
If Only I Had Legs To Match
Hope I Don't Crash
Aussie Bike Aussie Boy
Holy **** That Guy's Riding a BT Around Town!! ;-)
I Live On KFC Too

What about Vitamin Injection? :p

Hmm.. my brain ain't pushing on all pedal strokes
today.. I've got nothing better.

hippy

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:27:19 +1000
flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote:

> hippy Wrote:
>>
>> "The frames are directly available in Australia from BT in Melbourne
>> (61 3 9459 3525) and in the USA, try www.usauzziesales.com. The
>> price? In the USA, the official distributor lists the frame and fork
>> at
>> US$4395."
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2004/features/BT_road
>>
>> hippy

> So if your bike's called 'vegemite', what would you call a fixie built
> up outta one of dem?

"conspicuous consumption"

Zebee

"hippy" wrote in message ...

> Urgh.. yuck.. I'm on unleaded (pepsi max) and even
> then 2 cans a day can make me feel dodgy. Wonder
> what's in the KFC that makes him fast? :)
>
> hippy

Chicken Growth Hormones ?? :)

Parbs

What's with that rear wheel flick Ryan Bailey did in a couple of his races?

DaveB

"Shane Stanley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Stuart Park" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I've been talking to a couple of people, trying to work out how much
> > each of those bicycles would be worth - any ideas?

> You can probably hunt around the companies' Web sites -- bikes used in
> the Olympics have to also be on public sale.

I saw and interview with one of the British track cycling coaching staff.
He had said that they had made all their own bikes to their own design.
Some company associated with Formula One made all the carbon fibre bits and
pieces for them. You may notice that their bikes are plain black with no
logos or stickers on them.

Don't know how this fits with the above statement.

Stephen.

DaveB said:
What's with that rear wheel flick Ryan Bailey did in a couple of his races?

It's to unnerve the opponent and put them off coming around too close.
Make them take a wider line takes them longer to pass/slows them down.

hippy

In article <[email protected]>,
"Stephen Holt" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > You can probably hunt around the companies' Web sites -- bikes used in
> > the Olympics have to also be on public sale.
> >

> I saw and interview with one of the British track cycling coaching staff.
> He had said that they had made all their own bikes to their own design.
> Some company associated with Formula One made all the carbon fibre bits and
> pieces for them. You may notice that their bikes are plain black with no
> logos or stickers on them.
>
> Don't know how this fits with the above statement.

Me either. I guess I should say that I was quoting cyclingnews.com.
Maybe they can't put a brand on them if they're not for sale.

--
Shane Stanley

"Shane Stanley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Stephen Holt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I saw and interview with one of the British track cycling coaching

staff.
> > He had said that they had made all their own bikes to their own design.
> > Some company associated with Formula One made all the carbon fibre bits

and
> > pieces for them. You may notice that their bikes are plain black with

no
> > logos or stickers on them.
> >
> > Don't know how this fits with the above statement.

> Me either. I guess I should say that I was quoting cyclingnews.com.
> Maybe they can't put a brand on them if they're not for sale.
>
> --
> Shane Stanley

From Cyling News regarding the Olympics

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/aug04/aug23news2

"One thing is for certain, the UCI stipulates that any machine used in
competition must be commercially available, even if the price tags may be a
little stratospheric for the weekend warrior."

Marty