omega eggs

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Erica, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Erica

    Erica Guest

    Hey all,

    I recently picked these up at the supermarket: http://www.4grain.com/omega.html

    Anyone else try these? I made scrambled eggs and a broccoli-cheese quiche, and I thought that they
    cooked up rather soggy. Is it just my preparation, or is it the eggs?

    --Erica

    Tags:

  2. Erica wrote:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I recently picked these up at the supermarket: http://www.4grain.com/omega.html

    Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get all you need without all that chemistry...

    Vilco

  3. Jmk

    Jmk Guest

    On 2/12/2004 10:35 AM, Vilco [out] wrote:
    > Erica wrote:
    >
    >>Hey all,
    >>
    >>I recently picked these up at the supermarket: http://www.4grain.com/omega.html
    >

    > Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get all you need without all that chemistry...
    >
    > Vilco

    Here is a nice review of the various "types" of eggs:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/articles_recipes/nutrition_images/cracking_case.pdf

    A few pages in there is a comparison of "designer" eggs (omega 3, etc.), organic and free-range/cage-
    free, pasteurized in-shell, powdered egg whites, liquid egg whites and egg substitutes.

    --
    jmk in NC

  4. Erica

    Erica Guest

    "Vilco [out]" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get all you need without all that chemistry...

    The eggs are organic, free range eggs from hens that have been fed flax seeds. Only 0.30 more than
    the regular ones! Oddly enough, the non-omega organics are 0.40 more, and I haven't had the
    sogginess problem. Oh well...

    --Erica

  5. Pavane

    Pavane Guest

    "jmk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > On 2/12/2004 10:35 AM, Vilco [out] wrote:
    > > Erica wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hey all,
    > >>
    > >>I recently picked these up at the supermarket: http://www.4grain.com/omega.html
    > >

    > > Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get all you need without all that chemistry...
    > >
    > > Vilco
    >
    > Here is a nice review of the various "types" of eggs:

    http://www.eatingwell.com/articles_recipes/nutrition_images/cracking_case.pdf

    > A few pages in there is a comparison of "designer" eggs (omega 3, etc.), organic and free-range/cage-
    > free, pasteurized in-shell, powdered egg whites, liquid egg whites and egg substitutes.

    Interesting little article, thanks for the posting.

    pavane