omega eggs

Erica

Guest
Hey all,

I recently picked these up at the supermarket: http://www.4grain.com/omega.html

Anyone else try these? I made scrambled eggs and a broccoli-cheese quiche, and I thought that they
cooked up rather soggy. Is it just my preparation, or is it the eggs?

--Erica

On 2/12/2004 10:35 AM, Vilco [out] wrote:
> Erica wrote:
>
>>Hey all,
>>
>>I recently picked these up at the supermarket: http://www.4grain.com/omega.html
>

> Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get all you need without all that chemistry...
>
> Vilco

Here is a nice review of the various "types" of eggs:
http://www.eatingwell.com/articles_recipes/nutrition_images/cracking_case.pdf

A few pages in there is a comparison of "designer" eggs (omega 3, etc.), organic and free-range/cage-
free, pasteurized in-shell, powdered egg whites, liquid egg whites and egg substitutes.

--
jmk in NC

"Vilco [out]" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get all you need without all that chemistry...

The eggs are organic, free range eggs from hens that have been fed flax seeds. Only 0.30 more than
the regular ones! Oddly enough, the non-omega organics are 0.40 more, and I haven't had the
sogginess problem. Oh well...

--Erica

"jmk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> On 2/12/2004 10:35 AM, Vilco [out] wrote:
> > Erica wrote:
> >
> >>Hey all,
> >>
> >>I recently picked these up at the supermarket: http://www.4grain.com/omega.html
> >

> > Try with real eggs and real fish: you'll get all you need without all that chemistry...
> >
> > Vilco
>
> Here is a nice review of the various "types" of eggs:

http://www.eatingwell.com/articles_recipes/nutrition_images/cracking_case.pdf

> A few pages in there is a comparison of "designer" eggs (omega 3, etc.), organic and free-range/cage-
> free, pasteurized in-shell, powdered egg whites, liquid egg whites and egg substitutes.

Interesting little article, thanks for the posting.

pavane