Ominous forecast for BR

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DaveB, May 6, 2006.

  1. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Forecast isn't real flash but unless it's bucketing down at 7am I'll be
    out if anyone else is up for a ride, although may do the short route
    back through Wattle Glen. Hopefully the crappy weather holds off till
    later in the day.

    Forecast for Sunday
    A period of rain during the morning then showers to follow with hail and
    possible thunder. Strong to gale force north to northwesterly wind
    tending colder and squally west to southwesterly during the day.

    DaveB

    Tags:

  2. SomeGuy

    SomeGuy New Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2004
    Just be glad you're not racing the 6 hour MTB enduro at Ballan tomorrow:

    Ballarat
    Tonight and Sunday
    Fine tonight. Rain periods developing during the morning as strong and gusty
    northwesterly wind gradually shifts squally west to southwesterly. Showers to
    follow with possible hail and thunder later in the day.
    Min 7 Max 9

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  4. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > Alternative BR plan: get up rather late, idly wander around the house in
    > jammies, have brekky, read Sunday papers, then watch the Fleche Wallonne
    > 2006 at 11.30am on SBS:
    > http://www.letour.fr/2006/FWH/LIVE/us/100/index.html

    Sounds rather like my alternative plan for the Dirt Works 100, although
    the weather is looking rather good for it. :-(

    Parbs

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    or roll down to kew crits :D

  6. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Knowing Sunday was looking like crap, I did a short route BR today... well... ok, I headed out that way for the sole purpose of smashing the Kangaroo Ground ITT.... job done... we now have a 10:xx min club :)

    cheers,
    GPL - 10:50

  7. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    Wow - great effort. I was too lazy this morning, though I always have the excuse that today is my SO's birthday...

    Ritch

  8. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    ritcho wrote:
    > gplama Wrote:
    >
    >>Knowing Sunday was looking like crap, I did a short route BR today...
    >>well... ok, I headed out that way for the sole purpose of smashing the
    >>Kangaroo Ground ITT.... job done... we now have a 10:xx min club :)
    >>
    >>cheers,
    >>GPL - 10:50

    > Wow - great effort. I was too lazy this morning, though I always have
    > the excuse that today is my SO's birthday...
    >
    > Ritch

    Yeah I wussed it too. Got up at 5am to check the BoM radar, listened to
    the rain on the roof and sad stuff that and went back to bed.

    DaveB

  9. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-05-07, DaveB (aka Bruce)
    > ritcho wrote:
    >> gplama Wrote:
    >>
    >>>Knowing Sunday was looking like crap, I did a short route BR today...
    >>>well... ok, I headed out that way for the sole purpose of smashing the
    >>>Kangaroo Ground ITT.... job done... we now have a 10:xx min club :)
    >>>
    >>>cheers,
    >>>GPL - 10:50

    Bastard. Where's Jono when you need him?

    >> Wow - great effort. I was too lazy this morning, though I always have
    >> the excuse that today is my SO's birthday...

    > Yeah I wussed it too. Got up at 5am to check the BoM radar, listened to
    > the rain on the roof and sad stuff that and went back to bed.

    It's now been 3 weeks since I've ridden. And I woke up throughout the
    night with cramps in my calf, and felt like shit both when I checked
    the radar this morning, and when I finally got out of bed half an hour
    ago. Fsck.

    --
    TimC
    I am not a number. I'm a Free NaN. -- Chris Reuter in ARK

  10. TimC <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I finally got out of bed half an hour
    > ago.

    You need children

    --
    Peter McCallum
    Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

  11. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2005
    Messages:
    4,434
    Let the lama have his glory....for now that is;)