Omlette tips please

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Mar 10, 2005.

  1. I have a small GT Xpress 101, has two small wells that I pour omlette
    mixture and close the lid which also has heating elements. My mixture
    contains two eggs, couple tablespoons of half n'half and salt to taste.
    Using a boat motor, I mix it and pour it equally in the wells. After 4
    to 5 mins, the omlette is pushing the lid open and looking at the
    omlette mixture looks great, nice color but within a few seconds,
    becomes as flat as a pancake. Maybe this is not the correct way to make
    an omlette using this type of apparatus, but would appreciate any tips,
    if its possible to make a lighter omlette, more fuller looking. David...

    Tags:

  2. Guest

    On 10 Mar 2005 09:32:42 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >I have a small GT Xpress 101, has two small wells that I pour omlette
    >mixture and close the lid which also has heating elements. My mixture
    >contains two eggs, couple tablespoons of half n'half and salt to taste.
    >Using a boat motor, I mix it and pour it equally in the wells. After 4
    >to 5 mins, the omlette is pushing the lid open and looking at the
    >omlette mixture looks great, nice color but within a few seconds,
    >becomes as flat as a pancake. Maybe this is not the correct way to make
    >an omlette using this type of apparatus, but would appreciate any tips,
    >if its possible to make a lighter omlette, more fuller looking. David...

    Sounds like you're doing everything right.

    Assuming the fuel/oil mix is OK ( 50:1 ) on your motor,
    I'd put in a helium injector for lighter omelets.

    I don't see any mention of leeches. Did you forget ?
    They'll definitely make your omelet fuller looking.

    <rj>

  3. [email protected] wrote:
    > I have a small GT Xpress 101, has two small wells that I pour omlette
    > mixture and close the lid which also has heating elements. My mixture
    > contains two eggs, couple tablespoons of half n'half and salt to

    taste.
    > Using a boat motor, I mix it and pour it equally in the wells. After

    4
    > to 5 mins, the omlette is pushing the lid open and looking at the
    > omlette mixture looks great, nice color but within a few seconds,
    > becomes as flat as a pancake. Maybe this is not the correct way to

    make
    > an omlette using this type of apparatus, but would appreciate any

    tips,
    > if its possible to make a lighter omlette, more fuller looking.

    David...

    I must admit, I had no idea what this was (and what does a boat motor
    have to do with it??) but I Googled it to see ... the only way I know
    of making a nice, puffy omelette is to beat the yolks and whites
    separately, and then fold in the whites. You need to make sure the
    omelette is cooked thoroughly, or it will flatten.

    N.