on crack ~VIDEO~

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by P E T E F A G E, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > From Saturday. Just another shitty day Winter day in Norcal.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/aweebitocrack.mpg
    >
    > 45 mb
    >
    > Music by Barry Manilow and the video is just about as different from the climbing video as can be.

    Now that thing really sucked... not even worth the download. I'm not even going to comment on that
    Man-i-blow homo tune!

    --
    Slacker

  3. Xtc

    Xtc Guest

    "p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > From Saturday. Just another shitty day Winter day in Norcal.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/aweebitocrack.mpg
    >
    > 45 mb
    >
    > Music by Barry Manilow and the video is just about as different from the climbing video as can be.

    Another great video post. Those are very good. My 16yr old son just asked for a freeride bike after
    seeing this. YIKES!!! Thx Peter Xtc

  4. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Now that thing really sucked... not even worth the download. I'm not
    even
    > going to comment on that Man-i-blow homo tune!
    >
    > --
    > Slacker

    Agreed, that was the best FR/DH video I've ever seen... no slow rolling stunts or wheelie
    drops here!

    -John Morgan

  5. M Brundage

    M Brundage Guest

    "p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > From Saturday. Just another shitty day Winter day in Norcal.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/aweebitocrack.mpg
    >
    > 45 mb
    >
    > Music by Barry Manilow and the video is just about as different from the climbing video as can be.

    Thanks for leaving the falls in, Pete ! I needed to be reminded why I don't want to try that. (it
    did look fun tho :)

    --
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [email protected] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    P. S. Appropriate tunes too !

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    M Brundage <[email protected]> typed:
    > "p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> From Saturday. Just another shitty day Winter day in Norcal.
    >>
    >> http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/aweebitocrack.mpg
    >>
    >> 45 mb
    >>
    >> Music by Barry Manilow and the video is just about as different from the climbing video as
    >> can be.
    >>

    > Thanks for leaving the falls in, Pete ! I needed to be reminded why I don't want to try that. (it
    > did look fun tho :)

    Put enough 'plastic courage' on any you won't feel a thing when you fall. Heck, it hurts worse to
    get thrown off my XC bike in just my shorts and jersey. It's a lot of fun!

    Mike

  7. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Put enough 'plastic courage' on any you won't feel a thing when you fall. Heck, it hurts worse to
    > get thrown off my XC bike in just my shorts and jersey. It's a lot of fun!
    >
    > Mike

    I'll take your word for it on that one Mike. Watching that stuff inspires me to stick to the more
    sedate and aerobic world of XC mountain biking. I love a good downhill, but if I have to "gear up"
    for it then I figure it's better left to others.

    Hows trails up yer way?

    Tom (waiting for the world to dry out)

  8. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    tcmedara <[email protected]> typed:
    > Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Put enough 'plastic courage' on any you won't feel a thing when you fall. Heck, it hurts worse to
    >> get thrown off my XC bike in just my shorts and jersey. It's a lot of fun!
    >>
    >> Mike
    >
    > I'll take your word for it on that one Mike. Watching that stuff inspires me to stick to the more
    > sedate and aerobic world of XC mountain biking. I love a good downhill, but if I have to "gear up"
    > for it then I figure it's better left to others.
    >
    > Hows trails up yer way?
    >
    > Tom (waiting for the world to dry out)

    Hehehe...like Pete's rockclimbing video?!

    Still to wet to ride here. (Though that's not stopping anyone) Hopefully things will be ready to
    ride this weekend.

    Mike

  9. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hehehe...like Pete's rockclimbing video?!
    >
    > Still to wet to ride here. (Though that's not stopping anyone) Hopefully things will be ready to
    > ride this weekend.
    >
    > Mike

    Man, that rock climbing was hardcore, but more attuned to my own personal psyche than that
    crazy DH shit.

    Weekend weather's looking good, but the shoulder goes under the knife on Friday. Not sure when I'll
    be back in the saddle. Nothing personal, but I hope it rains every f'ing day until I'm healed. What
    the hell....if I can't ride then I don't want anyone to.

    Tom (a selfish invalid)

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    tcmedara <[email protected]> typed:
    > Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Hehehe...like Pete's rockclimbing video?!
    >>
    >> Still to wet to ride here. (Though that's not stopping anyone) Hopefully things will be ready to
    >> ride this weekend.
    >>
    >> Mike
    >
    > Man, that rock climbing was hardcore, but more attuned to my own personal psyche than that crazy
    > DH shit.
    >
    > Weekend weather's looking good, but the shoulder goes under the knife on Friday. Not sure when
    > I'll be back in the saddle. Nothing personal, but I hope it rains every f'ing day until I'm
    > healed. What the hell....if I can't ride then I don't want anyone to.
    >
    > Tom (a selfish invalid)

    Well in that case I hope you heal quickly! ;^)

    Mike

  11. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:18:58 GMT, "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >From Saturday. Just another shitty day Winter day in Norcal.
    >
    >http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/aweebitocrack.mpg
    >
    >45 mb
    >
    >Music by Barry Manilow and the video is just about as different from the climbing video as can be.

    Ah hah!, now I truly get it. I've been wrong my entire life! The is a need for over built, over
    weight, over hyped, over done, [email protected], FS, DH rigs!

    I don't understand how I could have been so wrong for so long.

    Nice Vid though, Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them
    all and on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  12. "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:18:58 GMT, "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >From Saturday. Just another shitty day Winter day in Norcal.
    > >
    > >http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/aweebitocrack.mpg
    > >
    > >45 mb
    > >
    > >Music by Barry Manilow and the video is just about as different from the climbing video as
    > >can be.
    > >

    > Ah hah!, now I truly get it. I've been wrong my entire life! The is a need for over built, over
    > weight, over hyped, over done, [email protected], FS, DH rigs!

    When did a Santa Cruz Superlight become a DH bike?

    You apparently know so little, yet act like you know so much.

    It's always funny though.

  13. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:

    > When did a Santa Cruz Superlight become a DH bike?
    >
    > You apparently know so little, yet act like you know so much.
    >
    > It's always funny though.

    Pete, Pete, Pete. A Santa Cruz superlight becomes a DH bike when it is ridden DownHill. I would have
    thought that were smart enough to figure that one out on your own. I guess I was mistaken.

    miles

  14. M Brundage

    M Brundage Guest

    "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Put enough 'plastic courage' on any you won't feel a thing when you fall. Heck, it hurts worse to
    > get thrown off my XC bike in just my shorts and jersey. It's a lot of fun!
    >
    > Mike

    I'd rather be wrapped in bubblewrap and a roll of duct tape and pushed over the edge ! Maybe with a
    few more years experience under my belt. And the right bike.

    --
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [email protected] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  15. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Put enough 'plastic courage' on any you won't feel a thing when you fall. Heck, it hurts worse to
    > get thrown off my XC bike in just my shorts and jersey. It's a lot of fun!
    >
    > Mike

    Maybe for you "Experts" it is. I usually feel like I was in a really bad car wreck for a couple
    days after.

    --
    Slacker

  16. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  17. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> had
    this to say news:[email protected]

    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:18:58 GMT, "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >From Saturday. Just another shitty day Winter day in Norcal.
    >> >
    >> >http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/aweebitocrack.mpg
    >> >
    >> >45 mb
    >> >
    >> >Music by Barry Manilow and the video is just about as different from the climbing video as
    >> >can be.
    >> >

    >> Ah hah!, now I truly get it. I've been wrong my entire life! The is a need for over built, over
    >> weight, over hyped, over done, [email protected], FS, DH rigs!
    >
    > When did a Santa Cruz Superlight become a DH bike?

    When it made it into your "downhill" video, duh!

    > You apparently know so little, yet act like you know so much.

    hmmm, sounds vaguely familiar. Lessee, who does that remind me of...

    Oh, wait...that'd be you..bbbbwwwwaaahhhhaaaaa

    > It's always funny though.

    If it were a vote you'd win that one Petey...

    But I have to admit you make some damn fine videos...kudos

    Dave (but your graciousness will be lost, I'm sure)

  18. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    Slacker <[email protected]> typed:
    >> Put enough 'plastic courage' on any you won't feel a thing when you fall. Heck, it hurts worse to
    >> get thrown off my XC bike in just my shorts and jersey. It's a lot of fun!
    >>
    >> Mike
    >

    > Maybe for you "Experts" it is. I usually feel like I was in a really bad car wreck for a couple
    > days after.

    Bah...after you wake up and find the control for the morphine drip it doesn't hurt a bit. ;^)

    Mike

  19. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:25:42 GMT, "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:18:58 GMT, "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >From Saturday. Just another shitty day Winter day in Norcal.
    >> >
    >> >http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/aweebitocrack.mpg
    >> >
    >> >45 mb
    >> >
    >> >Music by Barry Manilow and the video is just about as different from the climbing video as
    >> >can be.
    >> >

    >> Ah hah!, now I truly get it. I've been wrong my entire life! The is a need for over built, over
    >> weight, over hyped, over done, [email protected], FS, DH rigs!
    >
    >When did a Santa Cruz Superlight become a DH bike?
    >
    >You apparently know so little, yet act like you know so much.
    >
    >It's always funny though.

    I try to please.

    Peace, Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and
    on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  20. Bill Wheeler

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Ah hah!, now I truly get it. I've been wrong my entire life! The is a need for over built, over
    >> weight, over hyped, over done, [email protected], FS, DH rigs!
    >
    >When did a Santa Cruz Superlight become a DH bike?

    Sooorry, I meant over built, over weight, over hyped, over done, [email protected], FS, DH rigs!....and Santa
    Cruz SuperHYPES.

    >You apparently know so little, yet act like you know so much.

    Actually I know a bit more than most and a lot less then some.

    >It's always funny though.

    Like I said I try to please.

    Peace, Bill