on line bike tool supplier

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Orlandodawg, Apr 20, 2003.

  1. Orlandodawg

    Orlandodawg Guest

    Hello group,

    I am looking to buy a basic set of bike tools (crank puller etc), in your opinion, what is the best
    online resource(s) for this? Thanx in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

  3. Orlandodawg

    Orlandodawg Guest

    I found some these by searches myself, but have you ordered from any of them? If so, how was the
    service? "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:a13b2743.0304201225.178[email protected]... "OrlandoDawg" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I am looking to buy a basic set of bike tools (crank puller etc), in your opinion, what is the
    > best online resource(s) for this? Thanx in advance.

    http://www.biketoolsetc.com/ http://www.loosescrews.com/
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/tools.html

    Jeff

  4. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    Have ordered from all of them, and like most retailers, they ship what you asked for in a timely
    fashion upon payment.

    "OrlandoDawg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I found some these by searches myself, but have you ordered from any of them? If so, how was the
    > service? "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... "OrlandoDawg" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello group,
    > >
    > > I am looking to buy a basic set of bike tools (crank puller etc), in
    your
    > > opinion, what is the best online resource(s) for this? Thanx in advance.
    >
    > http://www.biketoolsetc.com/ http://www.loosescrews.com/
    > http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/tools.html
    >
    > Jeff

  5. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Bike Tools Etc. and Loose Screws have been excellent - quick service and never an error.

    Once upon a time I ordered a derailleur from Supergo and got a pedal wrench instead. A call to
    their customer service line fixed that- and they let me keep the pedal wrench. That paid for the
    extra hassle.

    Sheldon, though... well... let's just say he's a god and we are merely
    mice.

    Jeff

    "OrlandoDawg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I found some these by searches myself, but have you ordered from any of them? If so, how was the
    > service? "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... "OrlandoDawg" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello group,
    > >
    > > I am looking to buy a basic set of bike tools (crank puller etc), in your opinion, what is the
    > > best online resource(s) for this? Thanx in advance.
    >
    > http://www.biketoolsetc.com/ http://www.loosescrews.com/
    > http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/tools.html
    >
    > Jeff

  6. Steve C.

    Steve C. Guest

    I'm not sure what you consider basic. I just bought a 32 set of Park Tools (Park AK-32) over ebay.
    The tools were new and I paid $219 including shipping. The cheapest I found it from other sources
    was 239 plus shipping.

    Steve