On-line Cycling Diary??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Astro-Geek, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. Astro-Geek

    Astro-Geek Guest

    Does anyone know af a good *FREE* on-line cycling log/diary site?? Used to be a few available, but
    now they are finding it necessary to grab the green!!

    Tags:

  2. Cat Dailey

    Cat Dailey Guest

    www.crosstrak.com

    HTH, Cat

  3. "Astro-Geek" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone know af a good *FREE* on-line cycling log/diary site?? Used to be a few available, but
    > now they are finding it necessary to grab the green!!

    I am a big believer in the relationship between keeping a journal or diary and cycling. There's
    something about rhythmic exercise, being outdoors, being away from home and work that causes the
    mind to process, maybe not on a conscious level even, many of the issues that plague us. When you
    actually sit down, then, and write in your journal, you may find much greater insight than if you
    hadn't done the cycling at all. See my article, "Journaling on your bike" here:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Journaling.htm

    I'm not quite sure though why you require some special diary to do this sort of writing. A simple
    spiral bound notebook works as well as some fancy cloth-bound "empty book" that you might purchase
    in a book store.

    Unless, of course, you mean a cycling log where you write down stuff like the number of miles you
    did that day. >yawn< I guess, if you're into that sort of thing, you'll have to ask someone else.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky [email protected]

    Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at: http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky