On-line trip journal

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Karen M., Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    Hi all-- One of those good friends I've never met is riding across the southern tier (US) on a
    Viewpoint (nee Counterpoint) tandem with his 9yo son. Cool stories here:
    http://www.cushwafamily.com/LA2JAX/ (Aside to Frank: if you and the pards go techie enough, you
    could do this for your pending tour.)

    --Karen M. who "met" Dave when shopping for my used Counterpoint

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (Karen M.) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all-- One of those good friends I've never met is riding across the southern tier (US) on a
    > Viewpoint (nee Counterpoint) tandem with his 9yo son. Cool stories here:
    > http://www.cushwafamily.com/LA2JAX/ (Aside to Frank: if you and the pards go techie enough, you
    > could do this for your pending tour.)
    >
    > --Karen M. who "met" Dave when shopping for my used Counterpoint

    Thanks. I followed the first few days of their trip but then lost the link. It is nice catching up
    on their progress.

    Tom

  3. [email protected] (Karen M.) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all-- One of those good friends I've never met is riding across the southern tier (US) on a
    > Viewpoint (nee Counterpoint) tandem with his 9yo son. Cool stories here:
    > http://www.cushwafamily.com/LA2JAX/ (Aside to Frank: if you and the pards go techie enough, you
    > could do this for your pending tour.)

    Aside to others, too, that there's a great web site (www.crazyguyonabike.com) that makes it easy to
    create your own bike tour journal, and for no charge. I used it last year, and was able to update it
    from public libraries via a web interface. This year, the Crazy Guy (Neil Gunton)has added an
    email-update facility. I haven't tried that out yet, but plan to on this year's tour.

    - Brian "just a satisfied customer"